August 7th

PooPooMan

what i am simply saying if you look back at what we collected 15, 20,25 years ago you kind of appreciate what you have today. 10 years from now you will have even better figures than you do now. if you sit around and complain all day then you will never enjoy what you have today! trust me every 10 or 15 years they will improve the quality and come out with a new line and evey one will staet all over its a cycle and you cant get out of it because if they come out with something great you will want to have it.

You are wrong on that. What Toy Biz did with a 6 inch figure is as high as they will ever be able to go. Until they are able to put micro chips that will make the figures walk and talk exactly as if they were alive, then Toy Biz ML will never be outdone. Whats new and "advanced" from ML today is that second rate DCUC trash that isn't even better than Hasbro's ML attempts. That is the future and it SUCKS.

you are dilusional if you think that toy biz is as good as it gets i have every one and the sculpts are not that great marvel select makes a better sculpt. and keep this in mind the future is not here and i have yet to see the figure line that couldnt be improved

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what i am simply saying if you look back at what we collected 15, 20,25 years ago you kind of appreciate what you have today. 10 years from now you will have even better figures than you do now. if you sit around and complain all day then you will never enjoy what you have today! trust me every 10 or 15 years they will improve the quality and come out with a new line and evey one will staet all over its a cycle and you cant get out of it because if they come out with something great you will want to have it.

You are wrong on that. What Toy Biz did with a 6 inch figure is as high as they will ever be able to go. Until they are able to put micro chips that will make the figures walk and talk exactly as if they were alive, then Toy Biz ML will never be outdone. Whats new and "advanced" from ML today is that second rate DCUC trash that isn't even better than Hasbro's ML attempts. That is the future and it SUCKS.

you are dilusional if you think that toy biz is as good as it gets i have every one and the sculpts are not that great marvel select makes a better sculpt. and keep this in mind the future is not here and i have yet to see the figure line that couldnt be improved

I'll one-up ya. Every damn toy line out there CAN be improved. That being said, it doesn't necessarily mean that will happen. What you fail to see is that now that Toybiz and like minded companies have been forced out, no other companies are going to push the industry to improve. Now that Hasbro is up front they are all to happy making maximum profits from painful mediocrity. That's the sad truth, so don't count on vast improvements, if any at all, until some new, hungry company starts putting out a superior product who will force all the others to improve to compete.

As far as Marvel select. The reason they are so good is because it was joint venture with Diamond and Toybiz and the sculpts were all done by TB artists. TB didn't so much go under but got absorbed by Marvel. I'm not sure what the details with Marvel Select are now but we can only assume some of the sculpter are still working with Marvel Select whether full time or as freelance. So basically the awesome product you are seeing is what Toybiz would have eventually been capable of, only with better articulation.

So TB may not be as good as it can get, but it's been the best up to this point in time and it ain't got any better since they've been gone. The product I see coming from Hasbro and Mattel right now is a step back from what was coming out of TB 4 years ago. Don't believe me? Take the most recent version of any Hasbro ML or MU or any Mattel DCUC and compare it to any figure in the TBML wave 3.

If people do not complain about the way hasbro does things they will assume everyone is in love with these technical difficulties. They will assume everyone is head over heels for the decreased quality in their figures. They will keep doing things exactly the way they are doing them. Some people do not like the way they are doing things. Those people have every right to complain about it. They are the paying customer, as mentioned earlier. It gets on a lot of peoples nerves to see and read all of the complaining. But when you start telling people to stop complaining you are really just complaining about complaints. Kind of like that song from good charlotte, "lifestyles of the rich and famous." complaining about complaining. You're really just adding more fuel to the fire. So instead of wasting your time trying to get people to stop complaining why dont you just ignore it? just dont read it. it isnt that hard. it takes more effort to read it than not to. it doesnt make you seem like you're the ultra cool nerd of the site. it doesnt make you seem like you're the level headed one. it really just serves as another useless post.

tru that! Its like me going to a burger joint and i get a buger that tatse like a$$ (That I paid $10 for), and i take it back: But the guy at the counter tells me to shut up,stop complaning and just eat it! Sooooo your telling every one they should just shut up and eat crap when they are paying good money for somthing that SHOULD be quality stuff. (By the way a liscence as Awsome as marvel should not be treated this way. Show some Respect: you and Hasbro. This gut most not get out much, or know the quality of something. I dont know about you but i want to buy stuff thats good, and i will always be on the look out because i am a fan of marvel and some times hasbro S%$#'s out a nugget of decent crap. Marvel is cool. Hasbro is Crap. Peace!

First i am not defending hasbro like all companies they have problems.

second i have been collecting longer than a lot of you, i have been i retail on 2 spectrums,sales (selling to a store) and i have worked for K-mart twice in my life.

what i am simply saying if you look back at what we collected 15, 20,25 years ago you kind of appreciate what you have today. 10 years from now you will have even better figures than you do now. if you sit around and complain all day then you will never enjoy what you have today! trust me every 10 or 15 years they will improve the quality and come out with a new line and evey one will staet all over its a cycle and you cant get out of it because if they come out with something great you will want to have it. now stop complaining and be happy they did not drop the line :tongue:

p.s.

now personally i could give 2 sh!ts that you or anyone else complains i just find you silly

Your point being?? I have collected Star Wars since the Kenner days I appreciated them then(when they were blocky chess pieces) and I appreciate them now almost 15 years later when quality has greatly improved. The same thing with MLs I appreciated them then with Toybiz and I appreciate them now with Hasbro well most of them anyway. I greatly enjoy the figures that I have now and I can still find to complain, when a company doesn't deliver what they promised, it's called multitasking. No company is perfect including Toybiz they did have their share of bad figures but can you honestly look at FO Cap,Hulk, Wolverine, Bullseye and not admit that Toybiz revolutionize the action figure market, they had the perfect marriage between a collector grade item and a super articulated action figure. No one and I mean no one has been able to top that not Mattel(with their hundredth new god release)Hasbro, Marvel Select or Neca and that's a fact. As it was already said we're happy Hasbro is continuing the ML but we're complaining because basically all they did in SDCC was throw us a bone and told us to wait in august 7th for the other piece and it's almost a week and no other piece. I have worked in KB toys, K-mart and I currently have a management position in Gamestop so buddy I know a thing or 2 about retail and more importantly I know about customer satisfaction. For the record of the 18 figures shown I would've bought 15 on the spot but they told us choose 3 we went along with it we chose 3 now where are our choices??? It just pains me that a company doesn't deliver when there's obvious fan support especially the kind of fan support that supports a line they're not entirely happy with just because they believe in it. The person who created this topic(God bless his heart) did it so we could have an outlet for our frustation and complain, if you don't like complaining forums don't read them there's plenty of of others lying around. Nothing personal you seem like a nice person but as long you come here and criticize us for our complaining we're gonna complain and criticize back, it's human nature the internet it's filled with forums with people complaining.

Just watch. The fact that you worked at K-mart twice makes you nothing of an expert, lol. Nothing Mattle or Hasbro will EVER put out will top what Toy Biz did. Companies like Mcfarlane make the best statues with the best sculpts. No toy line will ever combine Sculpt, Articulation and Paint Apps at as high a level as Toy Biz did. It's just too expensive to do. Toy Compaines are cheap as @#$%.

I just don't understand why they're doing this "Pick 3" BS anyways...

Why not just give us all those figures? Why even bother showing us all of them if we won't get most of them?

It makes no sense. I mean, most of those figures just reuse bodies/heads (seriously, they've used that oddly-proportioned Hulking body 3 times so far), so they can just reuse molds. Not to mention the Valkyrie, BiBeast and Hulk figures were supposed to be part of the Hulk waves....

Second, that's only like 3 waves of complete figures. Not like we really need to narrow it down...and you know that the "Hasbro selections" will probably be Wolverine and Iron Man.

Also, all the distribution problems with ML really boggle my mind. Hasbro has no difficulty getting MU and SHS and all those lines in every store on the same day. But ML takes forever to show up anywhere, then trickles in slowly and disappears quickly. If they would just get us the product, we'd buy it. If nothing else, make ML exclusive to Hasbrotoyshop. I don't care at this point, I just want figures. If that makes it easier for them to get the figures to me, then do it.

What bugs me the most about Hasbro's handling of ML is that they keep telling us what we want, and that the failures of the line are our fault. That's unacceptable. And showing us a bunch of prototypes, then letting us "choose" only 3 of them doesn't cut it. With the loyalty we have shown them, it'd be nice of them to show us some...

And JohnnyRebel...if it wasn't for ToyBiz, I would never have started collecting figures. ToyBiz Marvel Legends were amazing, and since they lost the license, toy collecting hasn't given me the same joy or sense of fun it used to.

Just watch. The fact that you worked at K-mart twice makes you nothing of an expert, lol. Nothing Mattle or Hasbro will EVER put out will top what Toy Biz did. Companies like Mcfarlane make the best statues with the best sculpts. No toy line will ever combine Sculpt, Articulation and Paint Apps at as high a level as Toy Biz did. It's just too expensive to do. Toy Compaines are cheap as @#$%.

The fact that anybody including belmont13 works anywhere means nothing. It just means we have experience in dealing eith companies which again means nothing. Im a marvel guy but honestly mattel makes better looking figures than toybiz. Toybiz figures are sooooo over articulated that it makes them look deformed. Either the torso looks too short or too long. Now you might say your happy with it and thats fine but not every one likes it. mattel has just enough art. that they look good. And by the way i collect both lines because i like dc also.look at warbird long torso, green goblin hips the ball joint have to go they suck. toy biz cant sculpt a womans face to save thier life. Thank god they lost the license.

oh by the way this is nothing personal and i really am a nice guy! Im just sick of Panzies

The fact that anybody including belmont13 works anywhere means nothing. It just means we have experience in dealing eith companies which again means nothing. Im a marvel guy but honestly mattel makes better looking figures than toybiz. Toybiz figures are sooooo over articulated that it makes them look deformed. Either the torso looks too short or too long. Now you might say your happy with it and thats fine but not every one likes it. mattel has just enough art. that they look good. And by the way i collect both lines because i like dc also.look at warbird long torso, green goblin hips the ball joint have to go they suck. toy biz cant sculpt a womans face to save thier life. Thank god they lost the license.

oh by the way this is nothing personal and i really am a nice guy! Im just sick of Panzies

Dude are you freakin nuts. No one has ever or will ever do it better than Toybiz. What are you like 5 years old. Do you even know anything about anything or are you just yapping to hear yourself talk? Someone give this cat a napkin and some Pepto cause he's got some serious diarrhea of the mouth. Yes Mattel is better at artistic styling, but TB was the overall package. I collect them both and DCUC has better sculpts but unless you stand them straight up down they look totally awkward. The hinge hip joints and mid thigh joints are totally worthless and plain ugly. I love em but lets just call them what they are......glorified statues. That's nothing new, McFarlane has been doing it for years.

As far as face sculpts, are you serious with this sh!t?! I'll put Warbird, Storm, Extreme Rogue and Phoenix up against Supergirl, Harley, Wonder Woman and Barda 7 days outta the week and twice on Sunday. Toybiz had some stinkers I'll admit (orginal Sue Storm, Box set Rogue and Lady Deathstrike), but they pretty much had it down. DCUC hasn't even done enough female figs to draw a true comparison. And I sure hope you don't think anything Hasbro is doing right now even compares to TB, or Mattel for that matter, cause if you do, you seriously need to think about hitting up your optomotrist. And a shrink.

Oh, and by the way, your personality comes out in the words you speak and how you speak them. If your a nice guy, people naturally tend to be able to discern it for themselves. If you have to go through the trouble to point out that you're a nice guy, chances are pretty damn good that's not the truth. Calling people panzies is a surefire giveaway of a persons negative tendencies. This ain't a dating service so you can cut the BS.

Oh, and by the way, your personality comes out in the words you speak and how you speak them. If your a nice guy, people naturally tend to be able to discern it for themselves. If you have to go through the trouble to point out that you're a nice guy, chances are pretty damn good that's not the truth. Calling people panzies is a surefire giveaway of a persons negative tendencies. This ain't a dating service so you can cut the BS.

house_oh_snap.gif

Dude are you freakin nuts. No one has ever or will ever do it better than Toybiz. What are you like 5 years old. Do you even know anything about anything or are you just yapping to hear yourself talk? Someone give this cat a napkin and some Pepto cause he's got some serious diarrhea of the mouth. Yes Mattel is better at artistic styling, but TB was the overall package. I collect them both and DCUC has better sculpts but unless you stand them straight up down they look totally awkward. The hinge hip joints and mid thigh joints are totally worthless and plain ugly. I love em but lets just call them what they are......glorified statues. That's nothing new, McFarlane has been doing it for years.

As far as face sculpts, are you serious with this sh!t?! I'll put Warbird, Storm, Extreme Rogue and Phoenix up against Supergirl, Harley, Wonder Woman and Barda 7 days outta the week and twice on Sunday. Toybiz had some stinkers I'll admit (orginal Sue Storm, Box set Rogue and Lady Deathstrike), but they pretty much had it down. DCUC hasn't even done enough female figs to draw a true comparison. And I sure hope you don't think anything Hasbro is doing right now even compares to TB, or Mattel for that matter, cause if you do, you seriously need to think about hitting up your optomotrist. And a shrink.

so you sound like an idiot. because i dont agree with you that makes me a bad person? I for one am an adult which means i dont play with my toys not that there is anything wrong with playing with toys to each his own. i rather have good sculpts than all that art and you might say the opposite doesnt make you good or bad. what does are the things you call people personally. i said im sick of panzies not that anyone is a panzy you took it personal therefore the shoe must fit.

by the way someone else said that they were sure i was a nice guy and i assured it try reading and keeping up with the thread. its an open forum i voiced my opinion you dont like it so move on!

house_oh_snap.gif

LMAO! House is the man! I know we are all upset we have every right to be. I think it is because be have dealt with things like the Nemesis wave almost two years late then ML just disappearing for a year, we are just fed up. We see what Hasbro is doing with their go to lines and just pushing ML to the side. We don't like it because we are still willing to buy and we see the potential it can have, but Hasbro is not putting in the time and effort because that cost money. Now we know Hasbro is in this halfway, so we shouldn't get our hopes up about it anymore.

so you sound like an idiot. because i dont agree with you that makes me a bad person? I for one am an adult which means i dont play with my toys not that there is anything wrong with playing with toys to each his own. i rather have good sculpts than all that art and you might say the opposite doesnt make you good or bad. what does are the things you call people personally. i said im sick of panzies not that anyone is a panzy you took it personal therefore the shoe must fit.

by the way someone else said that they were sure i was a nice guy and i assured it try reading and keeping up with the thread. its an open forum i voiced my opinion you dont like it so move on!

I'm as opinionated as anyone else on this forum, but most "nice guys" here can partake in even a heated discussion without whipping out the insults. I voiced my opinion, and included my thoughts about people who resort to calling people names because they can't think of anything clever to say. Panzies....Idiots....wow, both insightful and mature. I must say that I admire the way you put the playground skills you developed during your 11 years of grade school to good use in your ADULT life. Way to take the high road.

So someone said they were sure you're a nice guy. That's good the hear and I'm happy for you. Always good to here someone thinks that about someone else they don't even know. Maybe you should get someone to write you a formal letter so you can just whip it out next time you need to confirm your a nice guy. The places it could be usefull are limitless. Y'know....on a date (heh, sorry had to gather myself for a second), in court, at a job interview. Or better yet, just include it in your resume. Those burger flipping skills don't always just speak for themselves, you know.

The biggest difference here is the I never claimed I was a nice guy. I shoot straight and let my opinion be heard. You can choose to like me or not, and form your own opinion accordingly. The one thing I can say for sure is I hate blog bullies and especially those who want to come off as smart and educated, but in actuality posses such limited communication skills that their argument deteriorates into name calling.

Peace and grow up, I'm done lowering myself to your level. Never liked the way the sewers smelled anyway.

Why not just give us all those figures? Why even bother showing us all of them if we won't get most of them?

It makes no sense. I mean, most of those figures just reuse bodies/heads (seriously, they've used that oddly-proportioned Hulking body 3 times so far), so they can just reuse molds. Not to mention the Valkyrie, BiBeast and Hulk figures were supposed to be part of the Hulk waves....

Second, that's only like 3 waves of complete figures. Not like we really need to narrow it down...and you know that the "Hasbro selections" will probably be Wolverine and Iron Man.

Also, all the distribution problems with ML really boggle my mind. Hasbro has no difficulty getting MU and SHS and all those lines in every store on the same day. But ML takes forever to show up anywhere, then trickles in slowly and disappears quickly. If they would just get us the product, we'd buy it. If nothing else, make ML exclusive to Hasbrotoyshop. I don't care at this point, I just want figures. If that makes it easier for them to get the figures to me, then do it.

What bugs me the most about Hasbro's handling of ML is that they keep telling us what we want, and that the failures of the line are our fault. That's unacceptable. And showing us a bunch of prototypes, then letting us "choose" only 3 of them doesn't cut it. With the loyalty we have shown them, it'd be nice of them to show us some...

And JohnnyRebel...if it wasn't for ToyBiz, I would never have started collecting figures. ToyBiz Marvel Legends were amazing, and since they lost the license, toy collecting hasn't given me the same joy or sense of fun it used to.

i completely agree with this guy

i completely agree with this guy

Honestly, I think this helps them figure out if a figure is worth putting out there. Also probably helps on pairing them up (least pop with most pop).