Contest - Win Holocaust BAF

monron999

So it looks like the "Flash in the Pan" that was the release of the Nemesis wave is over, at least in my area and any information regarding possible restocks seem to be a solid negative at this point. It is Hasbro though, they could surprise us.

Anyway, I have a 2nd set, but not intentionally. I ran into a cousin at a family reunion and was surprised to find out he was an ML fan. He had not been able to find Nemesis wave and asked me to track one set down for him and he would pay me for it. I rounded up most of the set between two stores and ended up chasing that damn Tigra for about 2 weeks. I finally found the thing for twice the price at a local comic shop, but after being to every effin store in my city and even some in the surrounding areas I notice that it seems like not a damn one the "Big Three" Ares wave figs had been bought. I had been fortunate enough to spot a Kang (I think) and bought a Crossbones, though.

Long story short, my cousin mooched on the deal and I have a second set. Now, after seeing an ocean's worth of Iron Man Reborn, Scarlet Spider and Ultimate War Machine's for over 2 weeks my curiousity has gotten the better of me. I am willing to put up (give) my extra Holocaust BAF to anyone who can provide me with proof that they bought any of the three figures I listed above at full price. It would have to be a picture or copy of a receipt dated before 08/18/09 from Walmart, cases don't count. Similarly, I know enough people working at comic and collectible stores that can easily fabricate me a phony receipt, so they don't count.

This could turn out to fun or maybe no one cares, but until the Hasbro poll results finally get released, there's basically nothing else going on in this forum.

Oh, and boxing and postage are on me as well.

There is a bit of a loop hole there assuming someone can find a receipt from when they purchased the Ares wave during it's original run over 6 months ago. I though about limiting the time frame to start just as the Nemesis wave just came out but decided it would be more interesting to see if anyone keeps a receipt that long, then actally be able to find it. I doknow about the rest of you but my receipts go in the trash as soon as I determine if the product is defective or not. They're pretty much worthless anyway once it's respective wave has run it's course.

So horrid, I want Nemesis soooooo badly, all I could find was camo Punisher.

I paid full price for those 3 figures when they were first released. I managed to pop into a Wal Mart right after they had put out the Ares wave so I got all of them at the same time. Thus paying full price for said figures, but I have no friggin' clue where my receipt is. I wish you would have been willing to sell Nemesis, I'd pay a pretty penny for him. I suppose it's eBay shopping for me.

From now on I'm keeping all my damn receipts.

Crud...crud crud crud..i guess i should start keeping my receipts....I bought HR IM a week or two ago cause i didn't have him yet and figured full price wasn't to bad, saw the whole ares wave a lil while after it came out but they went quick so i wasn't able to get him then.

And i don't have any dated pics either cause well...my digi cam sucks.

If forum posts counted i'd be good, but those can be edited so they don't count either heh.

Being anal about receipts may have finally worked in my favor . . .

post-14698-1250744479_thumb.jpg

. . . of course I needed the loophole.

Loophole or no loophole, you are the man. PM me your address and I'll get it in the mail as soon as possible.

Congrats!

Please enjoy the preview of the fruits of your labors.

hahaha! when the Ares wave first came out, I paid $14.99 for them each at Target! then they lowered the price a few weeks later! GRRRRRrrr if only I kept that receipt LOL!

Not to be one of those "correct you" guys, but I think you probably mean the Red Hulk wave. Don't think Ares ever made it to Target.

ah what the hell.. I just got home to see this! I have the receipt from my original purchase sitting in a box right next to my computer (I keep all my receipts!)

How is it that some guy with TWO posts manages to see this thread before me?

BAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I saw that and thought about it but it at least shows me he's reading, if not actively participating. I left that loophole for a reason thinking it would be too hard to find someone who had bought one only since the start of Nemesis wave and I was totally intent on giving it away.

For those of you who missed out, Keep an eye on the forum. I think I might be able to get my hands on one more. If I do I will post a scavenger hunt type contest where everyone should have a fair shot at winning. This one didn't quite last as long as I expected but it got me totally pumped to do it again.

ah what the hell.. I just got home to see this! I have the receipt from my original purchase sitting in a box right next to my computer (I keep all my receipts!)

How is it that some guy with TWO posts manages to see this thread before me?

BAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Crazy, huh? I usually just read and lurk. I was up late preparing for a meeting at work and figured I'd check in on the forums. Man, did I luck out!

Man that sucks...I was actually fixing to buy a few of those from Wal-Mart....We just know started getting some of the Ares and Nemesis waves about 2 weeks ago believe it or not. They are still full price. We have a bunch of Ultimate War Machine, Spidey, Heroes Reborn Iron Man, and a ton of the Camo Punisher Variants. We haven't had any legends in forever around here....very sad times...it makes me angry how Hasbro is taking a sh** on the legend fans :hulk: