The results are (finally) in!!!

tyhifive

As reported by Wpnx0110 in the August 7th thread...the fan's choice top 3 results are in! Only two weeks after they said they would have them! I won't talk about them yet cuz I don't want to spoil it for anyone before they get to see them but I will just say I am happy with/voted for 2 of the 3. Check it out!

http://www.hasbro.com/marvel/en_US/discover/poll.cfm

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!

Two of my picks made it! (#2 and #3)

The other one I voted for was Havok. #1 is no surprise at all, I figured he'd probably win in a landslide so didn't even bother to vote for him. I'm more surprised that the X-Characters didn't dominate.

I believe Hasbro said the mock-ups would not perfectly reflect the final product, and that some retooling would be done, so #2 might look a little better in final form.

Now the Hasbro Picks will probably be:

X-Force Wolverine to go with Deadpool. Havok, Warpath, Fantomex, White Phoenix, or Madrox if we're lucky (Wolverine's more likely, though...)

Incredible Hulk (Green) with Valkyrie (He's about the only character in the bunch that has any connection to her)

??? and Black Widow (Really not sure here. Few of the characters here have much in the way of ties to Black Widow. If I had to guess, I'd say Ms. Marvel, Lady Bullseye, or Nuke are the best bets. Does anyone know if the Constrictor ever fought the Black Widow? That might make him a possibility, too). Of course, by the time these hit, Black Widow will probably be considered a "Core Character" herself due to Iron Man 2.

I haven't posted here for ages but I'd like to make a special effort to say thanks for nothing to everyone who voted for 2 repeat characters. We hardly ever get new ML and now that we are the wave will probably only have one new character in it. Great work, "fans."

The wave is probably going to be:

Deadpool/Wolverine

Black Widow/New Cap

Valkyrie/current costume Thor or another crappy Hulk

Don't assume that just because they showed all those new sculpts at SDCC that they'll use them for their picks. I'm sure they'll round the wave out with main characters in order to sell the line to idiot retailers who still think kids are the primary market for these figures.

Count me in on the Deadpool and Black Widow. I already have the Toybiz Deadpool, but this one looks better, I jst hope Hasbro does a good job with the paint.

This Deadpool looks like something I can display with the 2 pack Cable, so I'm in. Black Widow is cool, but I wish she would be packed with another Iron Man character. I am referring to a Balck Widow - - CRIMSON DYNAMO 2 Pack! How about that??

I LIKE THE NEW WIDOW FIG (ONE OF MY CHOICES)

NOT TOTALLY HAPPY ABOUT DEADPOOL. HE LOOKS LIKE HE IS A BIT TOP HEAVY. FROM THE WAIST DOWN HE GETS THINNER. LOOKS LIKE IT WILL TOPPLE OVER IF YOU POSE HIM STANDING.

DEADPOOL HAS A NEW FLIC COMEING OUT. THEY COULD HAVE JUST WAITED FOR THAT TO LAUNCH IT. (WASTED CHOICE).

I DO AGREE WITH THE NEW CHARACTERS NEEDING TO BE MADE.

MY VOTE WAS FOR :

NUKE

BLACK WIDOW

BROTHER VOODOO

I haven't posted here for ages but I'd like to make a special effort to say thanks for nothing to everyone who voted for 2 repeat characters. We hardly ever get new ML and now that we are the wave will probably only have one new character in it. Great work, "fans."

The wave is probably going to be:

Deadpool/Wolverine

Black Widow/New Cap

Valkyrie/current costume Thor or another crappy Hulk

Don't assume that just because they showed all those new sculpts at SDCC that they'll use them for their picks. I'm sure they'll round the wave out with main characters in order to sell the line to idiot retailers who still think kids are the primary market for these figures.

Thanks soooo much for the special effort!! No one else has ever been on here complaining about figures that have already been made and then get made into a better looking one! Your post was an asset to this community.

Glad to contribute! :tongue:

Seriously, though. People really wasted their votes here. Deadpool would probably have been made no matter what because Hasbro knows how popular he is and he just had a media tie-in with Wolverine Origins. And Black Widow was probably a 100% lock anyway because this wave will likely be released about the same time IM2 hits.

All the people who voted for those two characters just helped ensure we'd get stuck with another Wolverine and Hulk instead of new characters and didn't do themselves any favors because they'd likely have gotten their picks anyway.

Thank god we got some new characters. Oh wait, we already have a perfectly adequate Deadpool and Black Widow. Toy Biz already made these figures and they are great. Why would people vote to make figures that they already have? I am really dissappointed with the results. I am glad that they are making at least one new figure with the two packs, but Valkyrie doesn't really fit anywhere in my display. Do you know who would fit? Any other character on the list. Dammit all. Gladiator. Stryfe. Cassandra Nova. I need more X-Men and more X-Men villians, not characters I already have. I still want MLs. I guess I'll have to turn to those custom figures on eBay that cost $150 a figure.

Also, does anyone have the original list that we voted on? I would like to see it in its entirety.

Im not surprised Deadpool is no1. He was going to be in the top three anyway. Neither am I surprised that Valkyrie is in there. but im really surprise bout Black Widow. It looks way better and stuff but not exactly what I was expecting.

My vote where

Constrictor

Nuke

Brother Voodoo.

My guess for the second figure for each are.

Deadpool and Fantomex -- Weapon X victims

Black Widow and Constrictor (I Hope)

Valkyrie and Hulk / Bi-Beast.

Thank god we got some new characters. Oh wait, we already have a perfectly adequate Deadpool and Black Widow. Toy Biz already made these figures and they are great. Why would people vote to make figures that they already have? I am really dissappointed with the results. I am glad that they are making at least one new figure with the two packs, but Valkyrie doesn't really fit anywhere in my display. Do you know who would fit? Any other character on the list. Dammit all. Gladiator. Stryfe. Cassandra Nova. I need more X-Men and more X-Men villians, not characters I already have. I still want MLs. I guess I'll have to turn to those custom figures on eBay that cost $150 a figure.

Also, does anyone have the original list that we voted on? I would like to see it in its entirety.

You do know not everyone got Toybiz's Deadpool right? He was rather rare when he came out and can go for over $50 MISB on ebay, so I don't know what you going on about.

Seriously people are we going to have this conversation alllll over again that we had a month ago? WE KNOW toybiz already made Deadpool & Black Widow. I've owned both of them and I've sold both of them. But it's like I said. TOYBIZ made them; And they were great (except for Black Widow's MAN FACE!). But Hasbro has never made these figures. Deadpool & BW came out like 5 years ago! An update is ok. Especially when they actually look great! And it's easier for new collectors to get these (even though BW doesn't go for that much). Back in the 90's Toybiz made the same characters over & over & over again. It's more than ok to have 2 Deadpools & 2 (well 3 counting the variant) Black Widow's. There are tons of Wolverines, Ironmans (Ironmen?), Spideys, Hulks & Caps. All this being said I love new and updated things. Why would you want to listen to your favorite bands first CD over & over again when you could go buy their new release? That Black Widow will look soooo great with the new Shield Agents and y'all know it. The people voted. This is what we get. We get what the majority of the FANS wanted. Just like with our current President. We are stuck with them. Enjoy!

With all the people that stated they voted for Constrictor here... and he didn't make the cut?! Seriously?! And yeah, horay for all you who get two redone figs we already have. As if still not getting many core characters and villians, after close to a decade of MLs, isn't reason enough for all 'new', never made, character figures. Funny, MU is getting all those characters we have wanted for years. Maybe Hasbro has figured out too many ML fans will take whatever they give them. Who's money is it to spend again?

With all the people that stated they voted for Constrictor here... and he didn't make the cut?! Seriously?! And yeah, horay for all you who get two redone figs we already have. As if still not getting many core characters and villians, after close to a decade of MLs, isn't reason enough for all 'new', never made, character figures. Funny, MU is getting all those characters we have wanted for years. Maybe Hasbro has figured out too many ML fans will take whatever they give them. Who's money is it to spend again?

They aren't redone. They are remade. As in NEW molds. It's not like they gave us another Wolvie using the same mold. Well. Not yet. Get over yourselves people. You aren't the only people who buy Marvel Legends. You aren't the only people Hasbro is targeting. They think about you the same way you think about the results. Why think about the people who already have these figures when we can make these new ones that THEY VOTED FOR and bring in new buyers! It's business. Simple as that. I guess you all prefer for them to never have released the results. Cool.

Here's an idea! Sell your Deadpool & Black Widow now and make $100 and then have money to buy these new BETTER ones. I SAID IT! Haaaaaa deal with it. Have fun with it. Go on with your day; it's Friday for cryin out loud!

Well, I'm very pleased we're getting Valkyrie. I voted for that one but didn't expect it to make it. I'm disappointed that Havok and White Phoenix might not be made though.

I still feel Hasbro played with the votes. It was more rigged than the 2000 presidential election.

I voted for Deadpool & Black Widow. Not Valk though. Those knees gosh! Suck! If they fix them this will be a great figure. Don't be too worried about Havok & Phoenix (even though everyone else will be b/c we already have those Characters oh my gosh!!! such a travesty!!!) b/c Havok is the Bullseye body & Phoenix is the new Black Widow body. They will be very easy to make.