The results are (finally) in!!!

tyhifive

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. Ms. Marvel was my first pick. The new Ms. Marvel figure is NOT the same person as the last figure. This one is based on the Dark Reign tie-ins, and is not Carol Danvers at all. It's actually Moonstone of the Thunderbolts in the costume... so it's actually not a multiple character at all. And I'd kill for that figure.

I don't think there is a way that you can be sure that it is meant to be the Moonstone Ms. Marvel or the Carol Danverse one. Unless there was some bio posted by the figure that specifically stated it was Moonstone? I don't remember seeing one. Both characters have worn that costume. If I am missing something that is a dead giveaway that this is the Moonstone one please let me know, but I also see it as another version of the same character.

080__scaled_600.jpg

This is Moonstone Marvel:

marvels-dark-reign-in-may-2009-20090216023845221.jpg

This is 70s Ms Marvel (Carol Danvers):

MsMarvel70s1.jpg

Just by the hair, I'd say that ML Ms Marvel is Moonstone. Compare the hair on the classic Ms Marvel MU fig. It's the same as the classic Carol Danvers Ms Marvel.

Anyway, here's hoping we eventually get all of those figs.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda think that the list is bullcrap because of Valkyrie.

We know that Hasbro already made tooling for her, meaning they have already spent money on her. All those other figures they showed were customs, not ready for production.

So it's hard for me to believe that Valkyrie really made it, especially since she kinda sucks (those kneeeeees!!!!)

As for the others, they are okay choices. Not the best maybe, but ok. Lots of people still need a DP figure. And that Black Widow was simply the best figure they showed

I'm not totally happy with the selection, but it could have been much worse. Bagman really wasn't meant to be a serious consideration was it?

Though the winners aren't total stinkers, there is no way in hell you can convince me these are the legit results. By all accounts Constrictor should have been a lock as well as Multiple Man.

Look, these are all figures that were, most likely, already in the works. Both Deadpool and Black Widow were already in production because of their upcoming movies. Hell, Valkyrie molds are already made, don't expect them to be doing too much "retooling" on it.

They probably put the true results in their back pocket with plans to produce them only if these first 2 packs turn out to be a success. They're not gonna go out of their way to produce all new sculpts and molds unless they can be sure they'll make sh!t tons of money off them.

Whatever, I'm glad to have something (anything) and I'll be buying if only to support the continuation of the line. And for those thinking Hulk is going to make it into one of the 2 packs, don't count on it. Way to much plastic to even be considered in Hasbro's budget. It never had a chance. They only put it in the line up to fluff it up and give us the perception that there were more choices.

I'll be there, hope the rest of you are too. ML lives (maybe).

Geeze Louise lots of whiners today eh? Y'all keep whining about & stating the same exact things. I guess it's cool?

Funny, you keep complaining about people 'whining'. It's a board for this stuff, if people are interested in this type of thing they can keep 'whining' as much as they want. Who cares if you don't agree, obviously none of us do. So just keep whining about people whining... ooooh, watch him write a really loooong response about me now!!! Oh no!!! Go ahead, waste your day on me, I won't be spending any more time on you :)

Yeah, his definition of whining is anyone's opinion that doesn't agree with his.

It's obvious the figures he wanted were "chosen" in the poll, and he has a problem with anyone who isn't as thrilled about it as he is. But just wait until this time next year when these still haven't been released yet... he'll be the first one doing some "whining" of his own.

with all the spidey fans out there? valkyre won over baghead? what a joke. deadpool was kind of a given. since he is the cool guy to have right now. happy with black widow also. i didnt voted for her but she will look awesome next to my shield agents.

hope for phoenix in a way. mine broke a way back so i need a new one. why arent hasbro releasing them all? i mean all got positiv reactions. i dont get it.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. Ms. Marvel was my first pick. The new Ms. Marvel figure is NOT the same person as the last figure. This one is based on the Dark Reign tie-ins, and is not Carol Danvers at all. It's actually Moonstone of the Thunderbolts in the costume... so it's actually not a multiple character at all. And I'd kill for that figure.

I don't think there is a way that you can be sure that it is meant to be the Moonstone Ms. Marvel or the Carol Danverse one. Unless there was some bio posted by the figure that specifically stated it was Moonstone? I don't remember seeing one. Both characters have worn that costume. If I am missing something that is a dead giveaway that this is the Moonstone one please let me know, but I also see it as another version of the same character.

The reason I said it was Moonstone Ms. Marvel is because of her hair. Moonstone has the long hair like the figure, and when Carol wore the suit she had a vary short bobbed-style haircut. It would be awesome if she got picked if they made both heads so she could be either Carol or Karla. It's a tiny detail, I know, but it's enough to make the difference in my eyes.

They probably will release all (or most) of them. Just not all in summer of 2010.

Some folks need to face facts: Some people would rather have improved versions of older characters (God forbid I want a Black Widow that doesn't look like a man-faced heroin addict), than some of the options that were available for "new" characters.

Hasbro has also already specifically stated that the other figures that are coming in the two packs were coming from the SAME LIST OF 18. So we're all-but-guaranteed at least one more "new" characters, because the only real "core" characters left in the bunch are Hulk and Wolverine (who we'll probably get with Valkyrie and Deadpool, respectively), and then someone to come with Black Widow (and it ain't gonna be Bag-Head Spidey).

this group sucks was expecting figures not made. i hate scalpers but since hasbro blows im going to gobble up every deadpool and black widow i see since my are gets all the ml and im going to sell them on ebay :tongue: and ive talked to friends in other states who are disapointed and they are doing the same damn wasted votes!

this was a scam. deadpool was a given, valkyre was already basicly made but put off, and the widow is in the upcoming IM movie, plus its a very simple repaint.....man i want that constrictor!

Looks like they did a remold of Widow's head and hair at least.

Anyway, yeah, I agree. I said as much when they didn't release the results. Pretty obvious the results didn't quite match their expectations. I'm guessing they just wanted to use this to help determine the pairings. Most popular with least popular and try to group like characters.

I think Moonstone's hair is still longer than the figure's. IMO the hair length is more comprable to the Ms. Marvel on this cover, which is Carol:

0.931177001205771836image_small.jpg

Not that its all that important, but I just don't think anyone can definitely say its Moonstone, but its all in the eye of the beholder.

Pretty sure she didn't look like that in the actual comic. Covers can be...misleading...

this was a scam. deadpool was a given, valkyre was already basicly made but put off, and the widow is in the upcoming IM movie, plus its a very simple repaint.....man i want that constrictor!

Hope they at least consider giving her proper double knee and elbow joints.

Geeze Louise lots of whiners today eh? Y'all keep whining about & stating the same exact things. I guess it's cool?

Funny, you keep complaining about people 'whining'. It's a board for this stuff, if people are interested in this type of thing they can keep 'whining' as much as they want. Who cares if you don't agree, obviously none of us do. So just keep whining about people whining... ooooh, watch him write a really loooong response about me now!!! Oh no!!! Go ahead, waste your day on me, I won't be spending any more time on you :)

Yeah, his definition of whining is anyone's opinion that doesn't agree with his.

It's obvious the figures he wanted were "chosen" in the poll, and he has a problem with anyone who isn't as thrilled about it as he is. But just wait until this time next year when these still haven't been released yet... he'll be the first one doing some "whining" of his own.

Amen

Well color me disappointed. Not surprised though, for many of the reasons already brought up. I hoped we'd get figures of new characters. With so many of the figures showing great detail and originality of design not seen in some time, not to mention selecting so many obscure characters I had hoped we could avoid as many "core" characters as possible. I voted for Brother Voodoo, Constrictor and the Hood.

Yeah it's hilarious!

Yeah it's still another figure named Ms. Marvel. And she looked awesome. If they made a Dark X-Men Wolverine most of you would still hate it even though it's Daken.

Im not surprised Deadpool is no1. He was going to be in the top three anyway. Neither am I surprised that Valkyrie is in there. but im really surprise bout Black Widow. It looks way better and stuff but not exactly what I was expecting.

My vote where

Constrictor

Nuke

Brother Voodoo.

My guess for the second figure for each are.

Deadpool and Fantomex -- Weapon X victims

Black Widow and Constrictor (I Hope)

Valkyrie and Hulk / Bi-Beast.

I think I voted the same way. I voted differently at home and office to try and get some rare characters. I don't know that BiBeast gets made. They had one out last year in the HULK line.

You guys know me so well i love it! it's like we hang out everyday!

Complaining is fine. The results aren't the most awesome thing ever. Everyone keeps saying the same thing though. I guess I suck for pointing that out. But just so you know...i get it. We all get it. They are, after all, just toys.

Voted for DP and BW so its a win win for me! can't remember who my third vote was for heh, Valk winning is ok with me though.

Valk could possibly been a fixed vote but i'm certain DP and BW won fair and square, they are just that good of redos, i mean come on, TB's BW is horrid, and while their DP is great the new one uses the better base body.

WOW those results are lame. Color me not impressed, 2 re-makes of figures already available REGARDLESS of if their sculpts were good or bad. This was a chance for people to vote for something new & exciting and instead people chose remakes? Everyone & their mom makes a freakin custom Deadpool nowadays. Well here goes sacrificing chickens and wishing on stars to hope some of the other figures make it into the 2 pks. Besides we already know that Hasbro screws up every single female figure they do anyways. Oh, lol you forgot about that part when you voted didn't you?