The results are (finally) in!!!

tyhifive

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I once was excited for the two packs resulting from this poll. that is no longer the case. Two figures that Toy Biz already made, plus they will no doubt be packaged with a Hulk, an Iron Man, and a Wolverine, as if there is a shortage of those characters. This is just another nail that Hasbro is putting into the ML coffin. All that Hasbro wants to make are MU because they are cheaper to make, and a huge rip off. They have been trying to destroy the legends line since they got the license.....think about it, ending build a figures (the most successfull toy marketing ploy to date), imposssible to find retailer exclusives, and the constant refusal to use more paint apps/articulation points. Talk about a company that doesn't listen to their fans. Until Marvel gets a real company making there action figures, make mine DC.

This was a bad idea from the begining Hasbro and I think you know it. Just make all the new 6 inch figures, we will buy them. Look, this week I bought the Nemeisi wave on ebay $100, the Giganta wave from BBTS $100, Metallo DC Universe $100, and The wonder Twins DC Universe for $75. Hasbro, you want my money? come get it! Those little super hero figures are lame. I want new characters in 6 inch form!!!!!

did anyone notice that Black Widow's body is the same body as the Maria Hill Two pack figure?

what did you expect? hasbro is still in the learning process. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

apparently they learned all we want are female figs(normally last on the pegs) and repeats. somebody call the cops, hasbro is killing a toyline

hasbro is not killing its more like raping...any way lol arent they gonna pick the other 3 from the same choices

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. Ms. Marvel was my first pick. The new Ms. Marvel figure is NOT the same person as the last figure. This one is based on the Dark Reign tie-ins, and is not Carol Danvers at all. It's actually Moonstone of the Thunderbolts in the costume... so it's actually not a multiple character at all. And I'd kill for that figure.

I don't think there is a way that you can be sure that it is meant to be the Moonstone Ms. Marvel or the Carol Danverse one. Unless there was some bio posted by the figure that specifically stated it was Moonstone? I don't remember seeing one. Both characters have worn that costume. If I am missing something that is a dead giveaway that this is the Moonstone one please let me know, but I also see it as another version of the same character.

The reason I said it was Moonstone Ms. Marvel is because of her hair. Moonstone has the long hair like the figure, and when Carol wore the suit she had a vary short bobbed-style haircut. It would be awesome if she got picked if they made both heads so she could be either Carol or Karla. It's a tiny detail, I know, but it's enough to make the difference in my eyes.

It's Moonstone.

I'm not too disappointed with these choices. As a new character, Valkyrie is fine with me. As an update, I really like the Black Widow. I'd rather have this Black Widow on my shelf (replacing the fugly Toy Biz one) than some C-list character. Deadpool does look good, but I was happy with the Toy Biz one, so that I personally could have done without it. Id rather have gotten Madrox. Anyway, the true concern is what these figures will be packed with. I'm gonna cry if it's the Wolverine, Hulk, or Bagman Spider-Man. I REALLY DON'T WANT THOSE.

This was a bad idea from the begining Hasbro and I think you know it. Just make all the new 6 inch figures, we will buy them. Look, this week I bought the Nemeisi wave on ebay $100, the Giganta wave from BBTS $100, Metallo DC Universe $100, and The wonder Twins DC Universe for $75. Hasbro, you want my money? come get it! Those little super hero figures are lame. I want new characters in 6 inch form!!!!!

perfectly stated!

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

They don't release figures, they're killing the line.

They release the figures, they're killing the line.

They show off more figures, they're killing the line.

THEY LET US VOTE FOR WHICH FIGURES WE WOULD LIKE, BUT SOMEHOW THEY'RE STILL KILLING THE LINE.

....[/quote"][/quote[]

Quoted for truth.

They released these images probably a little over a year ago in Toyfare. I'm sure most of you remember the fan poll where we got Sunfire. When will we see those other figures? This could have been another Marvel Legends wave in itself. They show us pics of figures that we will never see. It just urks me...I would really have loved to have that Storm figure, I always dug the Jim Lee outfit that Gambit is sporting. No more build a figures well that really sucks. But if they just put out these figures as wave minus a BAF. I would be happy with it. All the figures they showed us this year at Comic Con, we will more than likely never see the majority of those either. I have heard a lot of complaints about Brother Voodoo, Nuke, and Terror. Personally I would love to have those guys. The new Black Widow I love her. She is a lot better than the old Toy Biz one. The Valkyrie on the other hand is good from the torso up...what is up with those knees? The point being I can't understand why they won't put out all of the figures they've gone to the trouble of designing them. Why not make them? They have shown us roughly images of at least 19 figures that we will never see. If they made them we would buy them. If Hasbro has made any of these figs, and I just don't know about it. Please let me know. Sorry I got off on a rant about it...just makes me mad. It's all just a big tease!

post-24017-1251077857_thumb.jpg

THEY LET US VOTE FOR WHICH FIGURES WE WOULD LIKE, BUT SOMEHOW THEY'RE STILL KILLING THE LINE.

Here, here. We're not all happy about the new selection and it's most likely rigged, but as much as we hate Hasbro, ya gotta look at it from their perspective. They basically lost their ass on the first attempt at ML. True, it was mostly because of inferior quality, but they've pretty much exhausted their full capabilities trying to make it work and failed. They weren't going to continue ML without a major reboot. So now we're getting new product, repeat characters or not, and it's looking better and better, but if we all do basically the same thing we did last time (piss and moan) and not support the line we will never get any more. You gotta recognize part of the reason they brought ML back at all is because they were listening to the fans.

We're not happy Hasbro has the ML license or the Marvel license as a whole, and totally bummed they got an extension on it, but that's more Marvel's fault than Hasbro. Until there are better options it's all we got.

Wooooooo thank you! You speak for the people! Hasbro doesn't do the brightest things or the things that would make sense to us but at least they aren't giving up. Completely.

I myself accept the results of the poll. I just need the Valkyrie to have a tweak with double joint knees to make it more desirable for me. Deadpool would be a welcome addition for my shelf next to my Cable as well as Black Widow. Truthfully, I voted for Havok, Fantomex and Brother Voodoo, but we should keep the line afloat by supporting it. Griping and moaning won't do anything and only sow more discontent at Hasbro and thereby build less support for the Legends line. The new sculpts are a major improvement over the outdated previous releases of these two characters, so I have no objection to these selections. As SDCC showed, they mentioned the line can only survive with our continued support, and they delivered us the prototypes they worked hard to show to keep the line running. Next year will be a crucial year for Legends and the ball is now on our court . . .

They released these images probably a little over a year ago in Toyfare. I'm sure most of you remember the fan poll where we got Sunfire. When will we see those other figures? This could have been another Marvel Legends wave in itself. They show us pics of figures that we will never see. It just urks me...I would really have loved to have that Storm figure, I always dug the Jim Lee outfit that Gambit is sporting. No more build a figures well that really sucks. But if they just put out these figures as wave minus a BAF. I would be happy with it. All the figures they showed us this year at Comic Con, we will more than likely never see the majority of those either. I have heard a lot of complaints about Brother Voodoo, Nuke, and Terror. Personally I would love to have those guys. The new Black Widow I love her. She is a lot better than the old Toy Biz one. The Valkyrie on the other hand is good from the torso up...what is up with those knees? The point being I can't understand why they won't put out all of the figures they've gone to the trouble of designing them. Why not make them? They have shown us roughly images of at least 19 figures that we will never see. If they made them we would buy them. If Hasbro has made any of these figs, and I just don't know about it. Please let me know. Sorry I got off on a rant about it...just makes me mad. It's all just a big tease!

FanPoll.jpg

they canned all those figures because they sucked. It was a good decision on Hasbro's part

Here, here. We're not all happy about the new selection and it's most likely rigged, but as much as we hate Hasbro, ya gotta look at it from their perspective. They basically lost their ass on the first attempt at ML. True, it was mostly because of inferior quality, but they've pretty much exhausted their full capabilities trying to make it work and failed. They weren't going to continue ML without a major reboot. So now we're getting new product, repeat characters or not, and it's looking better and better, but if we all do basically the same thing we did last time (piss and moan) and not support the line we will never get any more. You gotta recognize part of the reason they brought ML back at all is because they were listening to the fans.

We're not happy Hasbro has the ML license or the Marvel license as a whole, and totally bummed they got an extension on it, but that's more Marvel's fault than Hasbro. Until there are better options it's all we got.

You're right, with Hasbro people are taking a damn if they do damn if they don't mentality.

they canned all those figures because they sucked. It was a good decision on Hasbro's part

I don't know, man I think I would have gone for that Magneto. lol

It's been said at least once already, but I'll say it again:

The other three figures Hasbro is picking are coming from the same list. We might get a Hulk and Wolverine (in fact I'd say the Hulk is pretty much an absolute certainty because he's really the only figure that "goes with" Valkyrie), but we won't be getting a "movie Iron Man repaint" with Black Widow, because there are no Iron Man figures on that initial list of 19.

The good news is that Black Widow has crossed over into so many different corners of the Marvel Universe that they could package darn near anyone with her (OK, maybe not Bi-Beast, but still!).

As for people voting for her: She's one of the most prominent female characters in the Marvel Universe, and has gotten more exposure lately due to being in some high-profile books (Captain America) and the publicity for the upcoming Iron Man 2. And her Toy Biz version sucked. Deadpool's Toy Biz version was decent, but scarce. Is it really so mystifying that people might want better versions (or at least available versions) of two popular characters? I didn't vote for Deadpool, but I knew he'd likely win this poll hands down.

Valkyrie has appeal to Hulk fans, Defenders fans, and Thor fans. She's a "classic" Marvel character, and while not one of their most iconic, is still a welcome addition (of course it doesn't hurt that I voted for her). Personally, I'm surprised it wasn't the White Phoenix Jean Grey or even the X-Force Wolverine that won.

I'd have bought everyone in that line-up except Gambit.

Same here man, though like Jmacq1 I'd have skipped Gambit since I already have him in this "proper" costume.

Yeah those are all pretty nice figures but Magneto (especially), Llandra & Aurora all need work. Their knees are sooo bad; that is probably the main reason none of those won that poll. And Mags is way too scrawny.