Figures That Would Make Me Buy Legends Again

SheriffofCoffeeTown

With the release of new figures slowing to a crawl and the spectacular Marvel Universe line hitting its stride, I've all but abandoned Marvel Legends, two-packs or otherwise. But I'm not so cold-hearted as to deny that there's a very simple way for Hasbro to get more of my money.

My own wish list? Dark Avengers two-packs.

Assuming we're still sticking to a three two-pack wave, this is how I'd break it down:

The Dark Avengers are Norman Osborn/Iron Patriot, Moonstone as Ms. Marvel, Venom as Spider-Man, Bullseye as Hawkeye, Daken as Wolverine, Marvel Boy as Captain Marvel, Ares, and the Sentry.

Well, strike Ares and Sentry from the list; they've been produced in their current forms before.

Now, assume that we divided the characters into two groups: A-list and B-list. A-listers are popular characters that are sure to sell. B-listers are those that aren't as inherently popular, and are tougher sellers from Hasbro's point of view.

A-listers: Iron Patriot, Spider-Man, Wolverine

B-listers: Ms. Marvel, Capt. Marvel, Hawkeye

Pair each A-lister with a B-lister for maximum marketing effect.

I propose: Iron Patriot/Hawkeye, Spider-Man/Ms. Marvel, and Captain Marvel/Wolverine.

Iron Patriot would include the obligatory Norman Osborn swappable head, and that's really all he needs. Hawkeye would include a swappable unmasked Bullseye head, a bow, and multiple arrows. Essentially, Hawkeye's heavy accessory requirement "steals" potential accessories from Iron Patriot, but that's okay, because IP doesn't need many; just the head is fine.

Ms. Marvel comes with nothing. She really doesn't need anything to start with, although I suppose a short-haired Carol Devners head wouldn't hurt. Spider-Man, on the other hand, requires not one but two swappable heads: Gargan, and Venom. He also needs swappable hands, going from normal human hands to more monstrous symbiote claws. It's worth noting that this Spider-Man body should be bulkier than the regular Peter Parker-sized body, but less bulky than a traditional Venom body. When he's Spider-Man, Gargan is ripped, but not monstrous. And, heck, let's throw in one of those generic stick-to-the-wall webs, cast in black.

Captain Marvel only requires one of his fancy Kree gun-type weapons. Wolverine would need the swappable heads between Wolverine and Daken, and the swappable hands, between clawed and non-clawed.

Hasbro, my wallet is right here. You want a bigger piece of it? There ya' go.

With the release of new figures slowing to a crawl and the spectacular Marvel Universe line hitting its stride, I've all but abandoned Marvel Legends, two-packs or otherwise. But I'm not so cold-hearted as to deny that there's a very simple way for Hasbro to get more of my money.

My own wish list? Dark Avengers two-packs.

Assuming we're still sticking to a three two-pack wave, this is how I'd break it down:

The Dark Avengers are Norman Osborn/Iron Patriot, Moonstone as Ms. Marvel, Venom as Spider-Man, Bullseye as Hawkeye, Daken as Wolverine, Marvel Boy as Captain Marvel, Ares, and the Sentry.

Well, strike Ares and Sentry from the list; they've been produced in their current forms before.

Now, assume that we divided the characters into two groups: A-list and B-list. A-listers are popular characters that are sure to sell. B-listers are those that aren't as inherently popular, and are tougher sellers from Hasbro's point of view.

A-listers: Iron Patriot, Spider-Man, Wolverine

B-listers: Ms. Marvel, Capt. Marvel, Hawkeye

Pair each A-lister with a B-lister for maximum marketing effect.

I propose: Iron Patriot/Hawkeye, Spider-Man/Ms. Marvel, and Captain Marvel/Wolverine.

Iron Patriot would include the obligatory Norman Osborn swappable head, and that's really all he needs. Hawkeye would include a swappable unmasked Bullseye head, a bow, and multiple arrows. Essentially, Hawkeye's heavy accessory requirement "steals" potential accessories from Iron Patriot, but that's okay, because IP doesn't need many; just the head is fine.

Ms. Marvel comes with nothing. She really doesn't need anything to start with, although I suppose a short-haired Carol Devners head wouldn't hurt. Spider-Man, on the other hand, requires not one but two swappable heads: Gargan, and Venom. He also needs swappable hands, going from normal human hands to more monstrous symbiote claws. It's worth noting that this Spider-Man body should be bulkier than the regular Peter Parker-sized body, but less bulky than a traditional Venom body. When he's Spider-Man, Gargan is ripped, but not monstrous. And, heck, let's throw in one of those generic stick-to-the-wall webs, cast in black.

Captain Marvel only requires one of his fancy Kree gun-type weapons. Wolverine would need the swappable heads between Wolverine and Daken, and the swappable hands, between clawed and non-clawed.

Hasbro, my wallet is right here. You want a bigger piece of it? There ya' go.

Sounds good to me. I used to spend most of my disposable income on ML. In ML's absence, it still gets spent, just elsewhere. Might as well have my money too Hasbro.

As far as your accessories concerns go I don't see it as much of a problem. Based on the recent 2-Packs, with the elimination of the large BAF parts Hasbro's been actually pretty generous with the inclusion of multiple weapons, heads, hands, etc. (Pretty shocking, I know)

The Dark Avengers 2 packs are a fantastic idea. I would definately buy that!

I am still waiting on:

Marvel Legends scale Jim Lee Jean Grey, FA Storm, Northstar and Aurora, Gladiator, Polaris, and X-man (Revolution X-man, and AOA versions).

I know I am not alone on many of these choices. Some of these requests been around for YEARS!

There are definetly a few figures I would love to see out. We need a ML maverick hes always been one of my favorite characters and its something different from wolverine,iron man,and spiderman. Id love to see a weapon x box set with some of the other weapon x characters. Also maybe some kind of cosmic set get some new figures out there gladiator,darkhawk,updated havok,vulcan,drax, and even quasar. I also wouldnt mind seeing an updated Iceman i was thourghly dissapointed in my toybiz one.

Start the 6" line anew. Reboot the line and call it Marvel Ultimate Alliance or Legends II. The newer sculpts are more slender and I like Cap, Thor, X-Men, Deadpool done in this updated fashion. Rework the sculpts of the flagship characters like they did for Daredevil , Johnny Storm , Classic Iron Man, Dr. Doom and proceed from there.

Annihilator has a great idea. Mattel is doing things like that with the release of the new Superman/ Batman animated film.

a six inch line based on the Ultimate Alliance 2 video game would rock.

Then fans could get figures that we never see such as: Nighthawk, Darkhawk, Hellcat, Atlas, Radioactive Man, Grey Gargoyle, Songbird, Moonstone, and the such.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Modern Luke Cage, Blink, the Wrecking Crew, Moonstone, Stingray, Grey Gargoyle, and Terrax would make me real happy if they were released.

or simply bring back the Face-Offs line with line-ups such as:

Classic Red Jacket Wonder Man vs Ultron

Firelord vs Terrax

Namor/ Stingray vs Tigershark

Spidey vs Tombstone/ Silvermane

Thing vs Blastarr

Modern Thor vs Ulik/ or Grey Gargoyle/ the Wrecker (take your pick, they all sound good!!!)

• 2 weeks later...
Start the 6" line anew. Reboot the line and call it Marvel Ultimate Alliance or Legends II. The newer sculpts are more slender and I like Cap, Thor, X-Men, Deadpool done in this updated fashion. Rework the sculpts of the flagship characters like they did for Daredevil , Johnny Storm , Classic Iron Man, Dr. Doom and proceed from there.

I like this idea... kinda.