Marvel Select or Marvel Legends

nyklas78

I recently started a 6-7 inch scale line of Marvel characters. I orginally started with Marvel Legends (I got the Iron Man (Hulkbuster, thorbuster and Captian america Armor from the movie) and Beta Ray Bill Thor. Hasbro is making Mevel Select not as well as toybiz ones and the line had been around for so long, I can spend forever trying to buy all those figures. So I went with the Marvel Select becasue they do look better and have dioramas, I was a big fan to of the Star Wars Unleashed line and the Marvel Select are similar in the sence that they are like mini-Statues (Oh yeah and I aslo Spiderman 2099 and Civil war Spidey from the Orgins Line) I just wanted to know everyones opinon on which line you think is better, Marvel Select or Marvel Legends. I know I rambled on this post.

i like the marvel legend figs but i also collect all 6" scale figs like spiderman classics hulk classics and x-men classics. but the figs that select has are nice and sence ml did not make a thanos anti-venom and so on and might i say bigger then ml they go great next to legends so i think it a matter of witch figures you want

I'm confused by your post, but Hasbro does not produce Marvel Select. MS is produced by Diamond. All their figs are 7" scale (I think that means if the character is 6' tall, the fig will be 7"; whereas ML is 6" scale...so a 6' character should be 6").

Anyway, I collect all 6" and any 7" scale figs where the character is so large in the books that he can fit in. Like the MS Sabertooth could fit with the 6" figs because from time to time Saber is really large. Thanos is another example of a large character that fits with the 6" scale. But the MS Spidey and Iron Man are just too large.

eldestson hit the nail on the head, if it fits in with the line like thanos or watcher from the selectline get it. I'd check ebay for older ones,but the more recent ones,maybe go to FYE or hot topic cause sometimes they got 'em on clearence. as for legends... tuesday morning,tjmax, and other discount stores carry 'em, or with so many people loseing interest in MLs because of slow production type "marvel legends lot" in ebay

A list of MS figures that fits in the Marvel Legends scale may be:

Thanos

Hulk

The Watcher

Mephisto

Cloak & Dagger (Dagger's head looks a tad big, but the body is OK, HML Emma Frost had a tiny head and nobody seems to care).

Thor

And maybe the upcoming Thing, I always thought the Thing should be larger than the rest of the FF, although maybe not this large, will reserve judgmente until it gets released.

But MS sculpts are amazing since Moon Knight, I recommend you to collect them, they're more expensive, but there's also less figures to collect.

Thanos

Hulk

The Watcher

Mephisto

Cloak & Dagger (Dagger's head looks a tad big, but the body is OK, HML Emma Frost had a tiny head and nobody seems to care).

Thor

And maybe the upcoming Thing, I always thought the Thing should be larger than the rest of the FF, although maybe not this large, will reserve judgmente until it gets released.

But MS sculpts are amazing since Moon Knight, I recommend you to collect them, they're more expensive, but there's also less figures to collect.

Plus Anti-Venom, Skrulls, Brood (Skrull/Brood 2 pack), Sabertooth, Red Hulk, Zombie Hulk and the upcoming Abomination.

I also use the MS Elektra, but only with FO DD (since he's big enough to stand next to her when she has the split legs on and look normal).

Sorry for some of the confusion at the begining of this post. Thanks guys for your feedback. I'm going to stick with Marvel Select for now. MS Sculpts are amazing and would look cool on the shelf. And I dont have to buy a hundred plus figures to catch up with the collection (I am completist that way), PLus they have Doom with his throne and Thanos with the guantlet. By the way what did you mean that MS would be done after the certain realeses I think we would all want more info on this

Marvel Select is done after the Abomination and Thing come out early next year.

That's what I heard. MS was a joint effort between Toybiz and Diamond. When Hasbro bought the Marvel rights the rights to Toybiz's half of the MS deal came with it. It took some time to hammer out the details of the last few characters that were already under contract, but those are the ones that are being released right now. It doesn't look like Hasbro ever came to a future agreement with Diamond, presumably because they are the root of all evil and want to be the sole profiteer of all things Marvel in the toy universe. Given Hasbro's lack of support to ML it would seem that Hasbro has no intention of continuing MS or a similar type line.

That being said. Hasbro is Hasbro and they are notorious for their secresy and you never know what they might do next. They've surprised us in the past.

That's what I heard. MS was a joint effort between Toybiz and Diamond. When Hasbro bought the Marvel rights the rights to Toybiz's half of the MS deal came with it. It took some time to hammer out the details of the last few characters that were already under contract, but those are the ones that are being released right now. It doesn't look like Hasbro ever came to a future agreement with Diamond, presumably because they are the root of all evil and want to be the sole profiteer of all things Marvel in the toy universe. Given Hasbro's lack of support to ML it would seem that Hasbro has no intention of continuing MS or a similar type line.

That being said. Hasbro is Hasbro and they are notorious for their secresy and you never know what they might do next. They've surprised us in the past.

That may be not very accurate, here a piece of a recent Art Asylum Q&A:

Brent Blough

Recently heard about the Marvel/Disney deal. Will this have any affect on your licensing deal with Marvel? Or is to early to tell? Thanks

DSTChuck: I’d have to say of course its to early to tell, but we’d like to think there will be no change. The big issue when Hasbro came in was , would DST be allowed to continue and with some compromise, everyone has found a way to get along. With the new Disney deal, we’d still be taking a license to make Marvel products so that would not change. While to date DST has never taken a direct license from Disney, we’ve had many conversations and they seem like great folks and I’m sure we’ll be talking about this soon.

Don´t really think if it´s a matter of one or the other. I rather believe that they are pretty different lines and some particular figures go well together. MS are more sculpture oriented while ML have more action figure features. They used to be pretty well sculpted and painted in the past but it´s been long since that.

Anyway, that depends on what you´re expecting from each line. If you are trying to get as more Marvel characters as possible, then forget about MS because they are just a buch and the cooler ones go for really high prices. But then again, if you´re going sort of for more iconic Marvel characters, then I believe that you would make a good choice.

Also... you will have a really hard time trying to get TB ML figures from the first series. It looks like quite a tough collection to put together.

That may be not very accurate, here a piece of a recent Art Asylum Q&A:

Brent Blough

Recently heard about the Marvel/Disney deal. Will this have any affect on your licensing deal with Marvel? Or is to early to tell? Thanks

DSTChuck: I'd have to say of course its to early to tell, but we'd like to think there will be no change. The big issue when Hasbro came in was , would DST be allowed to continue and with some compromise, everyone has found a way to get along. With the new Disney deal, we'd still be taking a license to make Marvel products so that would not change. While to date DST has never taken a direct license from Disney, we've had many conversations and they seem like great folks and I'm sure we'll be talking about this soon.

Yeah, I don't have any solid info or inside knowledge or anything or even researched at all so I wasn't trying to mislead. A friend of mine, the owner of a collectors / comic store just said something to that affect when I asked why the next wave of MS was taking so long to come out. It's quite possible all is well in MS land.

Thanos

Hulk

The Watcher

Mephisto

Thor

Plus Anti-Venom, Skrulls, Brood (Skrull/Brood 2 pack), Sabertooth, Red Hulk, Zombie Hulk and the upcoming Abomination.

I also use the MS Elektra, but only with FO DD (since he's big enough to stand next to her when she has the split legs on and look normal).

I also use Green Goblin on his glider,(not holding That huge Battle Damaged Spider Man), She hulk looks good: No Fugly Face like the ML She Hulks, and the moon Night: I modified mine a bit with the ML moon Night Head, Boots and Cape.

hey guys? what marvel legends? there are just 3 2-packs for next year. thats barely a wave if you ask me. i just hope that ms stays with the bigger figures and everyone can say that ms did something to make the ml end in a good way. sure ms should do some big names. everyone needs to win. they said that deadpool is also a go for them. the future of ml is in the ms hands.

-stegron

-odin

-doppelganger (why not, he can be bigger and i want one)

-juggernaut

there are so manny. i hope that they stay forever.

hey guys? what marvel legends? there are just 3 2-packs for next year. thats barely a wave if you ask me. i just hope that ms stays with the bigger figures and everyone can say that ms did something to make the ml end in a good way. sure ms should do some big names. everyone needs to win. they said that deadpool is also a go for them. the future of ml is in the ms hands.

-stegron

-odin

-doppelganger (why not, he can be bigger and i want one)

-juggernaut

there are so manny. i hope that they stay forever.

You can still get the old MLs on ebay.

Hello, Everyone. After a long debate and preordering and cancelling orders on BBTS I have decided to go with Marvel Legedns (I found a Spiderman first apperance and Spidy from pre-ML line of Spiderman calssics from BBTS at cheep), anyways the ML line fits in so well with my DC Universe Classics and Masters of the UNiverse Classics Figures, (oh yeah a bout a Green HUlk repaint of the savage gray hulk from the ML hasbro series of Hulk figures) Marvel Select does look really cool but I am not that big of a marvel fan to buy those. I am a big fan of certain chatacters and figure lines. My main collection consist of 12inch figures anyways, I am a huge fan of Star Wars, Batman and Tranformers those are the bulk of my collection, I also collect al DC Universe Classics and Masters of the Universe Classics and now Marvel Legends. On another note I have 12inch RAH Magneto and Venom (I buy 12inch High End Figures of my Favertirw Charaters) I plan on getting the RAH Spidy, Spidy in black, Wolverine and carnage and the Hot Toys Iron Man Mark III. I sure wish Sideshow would do a 12inch Marvel Line that would be great. But enough of rambling on I just want to say that it was great getting everybodies feedback here, it felt good to talk with other collectors this was my first blogin and I plan to do it again thanks,