How about dying with some dignity ?

corto

I know some won´t like this. I´ve tried to bring up original topics myself such as Cancelled or Rare figures or whatever. It´s sort of funny how I keep seeing topics on "what figures you´d like to see" and so on.

Let´s face it. It´s pretty sad for most of us. But ML are a dying breed and there´s not much we can do to bring it back.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if this thread turns to crap, everyone involved will be banned....thats all im sayin'.

All I´m just saying is that I´m quite dissapointed to see that Hasbro is not releasing Marvel Legends anymore and I have completed my collection. So then there´s nowhere else to go for me. Let alone the fact that Hasbro is releasing on MU almost ALL the figures we always wanted to have on 6" scale. And it sort of hurts to see fans expecting new figures while all we get from Hasbro are their "exclusive" sustoms and repaints (such as the ones shown on SDCC).

However, I´m seeing that a lot of people are starting their ML collection and that´s really encouraging to read.

But I can´t understand why you are threatening to ban everyone on the thread.

if this thread turns to crap, everyone involved will be banned....thats all im sayin'.

All I´m just saying is that I´m quite dissapointed to see that Hasbro is not releasing Marvel Legends anymore and I have completed my collection. So then there´s nowhere else to go for me. Let alone the fact that Hasbro is releasing on MU almost ALL the figures we always wanted to have on 6" scale. And it sort of hurts to see fans expecting new figures while all we get from Hasbro are their "exclusive" sustoms and repaints (such as the ones shown on SDCC).

However, I´m seeing that a lot of people are starting their ML collection and that´s really encouraging to read.

all im saying is that most of these threads turn into one big fight. if that happens...its over.

all im saying is that most of these threads turn into one big fight. if that happens...its over.

Then close it now and that would be it. I wouldn´t like to be banned. I´ve started the two most visited threads on the forums right now and I´d like to keep on posting.

Then close it now and that would be it. I wouldn´t like to be banned. I´ve started the two most visited threads on the forums right now and I´d like to keep on posting.

youre not understanding what im saying. im talking about the guys that come along and ruin a good thread. you could never get in any trouble for starting a topic like this, its just the idiots that love to start crap.

You asked for us (at least in this thread) that we should let let ML die with Dignity.

Well, until Hasbro stops producing the 6 inchers, we will ask for more.

No, we are not getting them at the speed we like, but if they tell us that we can expect at least more 2 packs, why cant we ask for them?

will it eventually die, with this economy, probably so.

but until then, viva la legends!!

:hulk:

youre not understanding what im saying. im talking about the guys that come along and ruin a good thread. you could never get in any trouble for starting a topic like this, its just the idiots that love to start crap.

Pooda's right. In fact, I'm shocked it hasn't devolved once MU was mentioned (in post 3) into a MU vs ML war.

Why let it die out? They are still making two packs here and there, and some exclusives that can fit in with ML(Gigantic Battles) Two packs Wave 2 and 2.5 should show em that ML is still a very viable line for them since wave 2 seems to sell pretty well, heck they let people vote for 3 characters to put in some two packs.

ML is just a slow continuation these days, still better off then say MOTU, heck, at the rate mattel's going ML might be better off then DCUC before its said and done.

• 2 weeks later...

Pooda's right. In fact, I'm shocked it hasn't devolved once MU was mentioned (in post 3) into a MU vs ML war.

Actually, I would like to see a long standing discussion on this subject. It usually seems to turn to "crap" when some hardnose MU fan crashes in and starts a fight, and let's face it, we all have a pretty good idea who most of those people are.

As far as the future of ML is I'm pretty cool with it. A few two packs a year are good (and easier on the pocket) as long as they're figs people actually want, but that "vote" they had at Hasbro.com was about as legit as Pamela Anderson's cans. The one thing I will miss is the BAF because that was pretty much the only way we were gonna see the bigger figs like Stature, Atlas, Goliath, Strong Guy, Etc.

Whether you like em or not, MU is still being released on a regular basis for most of us needing to ger our fix, and as they do so many revisions you can be more selective with the figs you buy and they are actually quite a bit easier to chase down than ML used to be. I'll never collect them as faithfully as I did ML, but to be honest, I would have probably collected them even if ML was still going strong.

Apparently you haven't seen or noticed what DC Universe is doing with 6" figures. Even some of the more obscure DC characters have made it into plastic form and have done well. It just goes to show what a little marketing, solid buy in from retailers, and the ever popular, LISTENING TO YOUR DAMN FAN BASE can do for a figure line. Lets face it, Marvel Legends isn't dead, Hasbro is just trying to kill it. To bad they are full of a bunch of idiots that just don't seem to "get it". Why couldn't Marvel have looked past competitive differences to get their product handled right by Mattel is beyond me.

Any questions?

Apparently you haven't seen or noticed what DC Universe is doing with 6" figures. Even some of the more obscure DC characters have made it into plastic form and have done well. It just goes to show what a little marketing, solid buy in from retailers, and the ever popular, LISTENING TO YOUR DAMN FAN BASE can do for a figure line. Lets face it, Marvel Legends isn't dead, Hasbro is just trying to kill it. To bad they are full of a bunch of idiots that just don't seem to "get it". Why couldn't Marvel have looked past competitive differences to get their product handled right by Mattel is beyond me.

Any questions?

Oh i know what DCUC is all about, shoddy QC, impossible to find figures, high prices, articulation on par/below that of even Hasbro MLs and I LIKE DCUC.

Any questions?

Oh, I see it alright. As a matter of fact I'm all about the DCUC right now. The 4 awesome waves, with C&C's, we've seen this year alone only depresses me more about the demise of ML. I'm a huge fan of Mattel's practice of using basically 4 or 5 molds (very good molds), vinyl parts and definitive paint jobs to create as many fan friendly waves as possible. For a company that, during the early stages of DCUC, insisted on having at least 1 Supes or Bats in every wave, they've certainly come around to the understanding that fans drive the industry. If a company like Mattel can make that change after decades of a Barbie-type marketing strategy, a diverse company like Hasbro should be able to do it as well. They already do it with MU, but will never translate it over to ML because focus at this point is to make maximum profits using as little material as possible. That's what it comes down to because they certainly have the capacity, but as long as they stay profittable doing what they are doing, they'll never have the motivation.

Any questions?

Oh, I see it alright. As a matter of fact I'm all about the DCUC right now. The 4 awesome waves, with C&C's, we've seen this year alone only depresses me more about the demise of ML. I'm a huge fan of Mattel's practice of using basically 4 or 5 molds (very good molds), vinyl parts and definitive paint jobs to create as many fan friendly waves as possible. For a company that, during the early stages of DCUC, insisted on having at least 1 Supes or Bats in every wave, they've certainly come around to the understanding that fans drive the industry. If a company like Mattel can make that change after decades of a Barbie-type marketing strategy, a diverse company like Hasbro should be able to do it as well. They already do it with MU, but will never translate it over to ML because focus at this point is to make maximum profits using as little material as possible. That's what it comes down to because they certainly have the capacity, but as long as they stay profittable doing what they are doing, they'll never have the motivation.

not even that. most DC collectors buy any figures that are DC related with no problem.(a,b,c,or d listers) when hasbro ventured out and started making anyother figures besides a&b listers...they warmed pegs. plus, marvel has more of a child following, than adult.(thats why sooo many marvel products have gimmicks, action features, etc...) DC is more of an adult following(outside of bats/supes) it wasnt until hasbro started starving collectors of MLs, that sells picked up. if youve noticed, the little bit of product being released sells better that flooding the pegs with stuff that stores cant give away. the 1st wave of 2packs went from 20.00 to 5.00. brood, blob, foom, rulk, and ares waves all seen the clearence isle. the way hasbro's playing it is a far better business move on their part.

Yes I actually enjoy the 2 packs. And I don't mind the slow releases. I don't have the same amount of disposable income that I had when I was in college so it's nice having long breaks in between releases. Also the quality and appearance of the figures along with all the extra pack ins like alt. heads & hands make these more enjoyable to me. Now I didn't open my figures for the most part b/c i liked to hang them on my wall. I can't do that with these so it makes it easier for me to open and enjoy them!

Any questions?

not even that. most DC collectors buy any figures that are DC related with no problem.(a,b,c,or d listers) when hasbro ventured out and started making anyother figures besides a&b listers...they warmed pegs. plus, marvel has more of a child following, than adult.(thats why sooo many marvel products have gimmicks, action features, etc...) DC is more of an adult following(outside of bats/supes) it wasnt until hasbro started starving collectors of MLs, that sells picked up. if youve noticed, the little bit of product being released sells better that flooding the pegs with stuff that stores cant give away. the 1st wave of 2packs went from 20.00 to 5.00. brood, blob, foom, rulk, and ares waves all seen the clearence isle. the way hasbro's playing it is a far better business move on their part.

If DCU was more of an adult line, you wouldn't find it in your more common toy aisles. It would be online just like the Masters of the Universe Figures are. I see McFarlane with his sports stuff in Toysrus but it just warms pegs and that is stuff for adults. The DCUC stuff hadn't been warming pegs even now with some exceptions of series 6 in some markets. With that being said, DCUC gives you better selection, listens to fans which Hasbro still has yet to do with the exception of one previous bad poll and the current ridiculous one. If Hasbro really wants to bring this line up, which they don't because sculpts, painting, and figure choices prove that, then they should hold an open poll with FILL IN spots for the top 3-5 characters fans would want. Then compile the data and produce figures based upon the top 5-20 characters from the polls. Chances are you would see figures again like Deadpoll but reality is you would also get figures like Classic Ultron, Gladiator, Enchantress, etc just to name a few. Also why not release the results of HOW MANY actually voted for the AoA crappy Sunfire. I am curious just to find out how many people actually wanted this item. It would give a decent idea of how many people are in the market for new ML figures. Until Hasbro wakes up, which is never I will stick to customizing to get what I want.

Any questions?

Oh i know what DCUC is all about, shoddy QC, impossible to find figures, high prices, articulation on par/below that of even Hasbro MLs and I LIKE DCUC.

Please don't ever use excuses like prices of DC cuz ML Foom series was way outta line to start with and as far as availability goes, Hasbro has given us terrible product or did you already forget Nemesis wave? Hasbro can't paint or shade anything and their articulation is so shoddy you should be ashamed of even mentioning DCUC in the same category. Need another refresher? How bout Target series Black Spiderman. What kind of spidey can't freaking move his hands to shoot webs? Overall I would have to say DCUC has taken all of the stumbling blocks of Hasbro and perfected on their ideas from Toybiz concepts. The only complaint I have with them is I would prefer more hand variations. DCUC and Hasbro are in 2 different leagues, hasbro happens to be in the minors waiting to be called up to play.