How about dying with some dignity ?

corto

I actually really like the 45 degree ball jointed hips(long as they are the ball joint or have a knee swivel, if they don't have a swivel in the leg, see Foom wave Sampson Nemesis wave Beast then they suck) they just hold up better then the 90 degree hips even if they get loose over time they will still allow the figure to stand, yeah extra turning and such but they are still better then then the NECA/Mattel hips(specially when they get loose)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am actually 100% anti-dc. i don't like their comics or characters. But their dcuc toys are great. I don't pay enough attention to them to know about their articulation. I bought 1 dcuc toy to repaint but thats about it. As far as sales, dcuc beats marvel legends by default here. We stay out of dcuc, and havnt gotten legends since nemesis, and before that we still had leftovers from ares. They may not be as articulated (i wouldn't know) but they are selling much faster, atleast around here. It makes me wish i could stomach the comics so i could collect them too.

I am actually 100% anti-dc. i don't like their comics or characters. But their dcuc toys are great. I don't pay enough attention to them to know about their articulation. I bought 1 dcuc toy to repaint but thats about it. As far as sales, dcuc beats marvel legends by default here. We stay out of dcuc, and havnt gotten legends since nemesis, and before that we still had leftovers from ares. They may not be as articulated (i wouldn't know) but they are selling much faster, atleast around here. It makes me wish i could stomach the comics so i could collect them too.

Yeah i dont read DC either, all I ever see is Infinaty Something or other?? BatMan in 20 diffrent comics. Yeah Im not willing to dish out $13.80 for one DC Character that looks like every one else with a different head. I just get the Ones I like.

I just want to add that I dont think that DC is doing an amazing job. I saw a Batman figure that looked awesome but the rest looked awfully plain and didnt match well with the others in the set.

I dont care what happens either way, they could die out and I can complete a collection or I can keep buying them. Ill be happy.

Awfully plain??? Seriously?? Yeesh. You must hate Hasbro's ML and MU then.

Yeah i dont read DC either, all I ever see is Infinaty Something or other?? BatMan in 20 diffrent comics. Yeah Im not willing to dish out $13.80 for one DC Character that looks like every one else with a different head. I just get the Ones I like.

Dark Reign.

Batman is in three comics. How many comics is Wolverine in? (the answer is somewhere in the vicinity of 7)

And if you think they all look alike but with different heads, you're nuts. And again, ML re-uses sculpts too.

I just want to add that I dont think that DC is doing an amazing job. I saw a Batman figure that looked awesome but the rest looked awfully plain and didnt match well with the others in the set.

I dont care what happens either way, they could die out and I can complete a collection or I can keep buying them. Ill be happy.

Awfully plain??? Seriously?? Yeesh. You must hate Hasbro's ML and MU then.

Dark Reign.

Batman is in three comics. How many comics is Wolverine in? (the answer is somewhere in the vicinity of 7)

right. it seems to be okay to be part of the xmen, avengers, alpha flight, team x, and weapon x, but its a problem when the bat does it.....tisk, tisk.

Awfully plain??? Seriously?? Yeesh. You must hate Hasbro's ML and MU then.[

If he's talking about Wave 1 of DCUC, he's pretty dead-on. Orion, Red Tornado, The Demon? Not exactly all that dynamic-looking or particularly well-known.

Dark Reign.

And if you think they all look alike but with different heads, you're nuts. And again, ML re-uses sculpts too.

And none of this negates DCUCs flaws, despite your fervent attempts to believe so. Further, DCUC HAS used the exact same body mold across a great many of their figures. Still continuing to use it, too.

right. it seems to be okay to be part of the xmen, avengers, alpha flight, team x, and weapon x, but its a problem when the bat does it.....tisk, tisk.

It isn't as if any side is going to win this argument. DC pimps out Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, and Wonder Woman. Marvel pimps out Spider-Man, Wolverine, Iron Man, and Captain America (and Deadpool).

Last time I checked, it was good business to promote your most popular characters. But hey, I guess capitalism is dead.

The bottom line is DCUC uses a solid strategy to get as many different characters out to the public as possible and utilizes the BAF or C&C concept to get the larger characters into the lineups. They basically stole the BAF from ML and found a better way to use it and maximize profits. Hasbro can easily imitate Mattels business plan and bring back the BAF and be as successful or more. At this point they have several bases, male and female, to use. As Hasbro is all about maximizing profits you think by now they would have caught on and at least tried to pull it off with a couple of test waves. I just don't understand what they could possibly be waiting for.

On the other side I do see it from Hasbro's point of view a bit though. I think sometimes they see it from a damned if you do, damned if you don't standpoint. I personally would love for them to use the Black Panther, Bullseye and FO Punisher bodies as bases to make every damn character they could out of their stable of unmade characters, and I guarantee I would buy every freakin one of them on the spot as soon as I saw them. But based on history it seems that for every ML fan that feels this way, there are at least a handfull the would be outraged that they are reusing the molds so much and it wouldn't be long before people were up in arms b!tchin and moaning about how unoriginal each new character is. The real kicker is that I've not once heard DCUC described as unoriginal.

I'd almost feel sorry for Hasbro if it wasn't common knowledge that the biggest reason they acquired the Marvel license was to cash in on the movie merchandise and they are gonna do it with or without ML.

If ML is ever going to continue it will be essential that Hasbro adopt a similar strategy, and as fans if we want it to continue, there is going to have to be an amount of compromise on our part as well.

I used to collect ML and now collect DCUC and the reason is this: I can actually find DCU in stores.

I know what the next few waves are going to be in DCU. What do we get with ML? Hasbro showed a bunch of incredible looking figures at SDCC and we only get 3 (that we voted on) and 3 that Hasbro will choose. Maybe we'll get more 3 packs at a later date if we're lucky.

But, c'mon for Hasbro to show us figures like: Lady Bullseye, Warpath, The Hood, Brother Voodoo, etc and tell us that we might see them is torturous. Why not just offer them on the Hasbro website? I would buy them.

As a collector I'm frustrated. I would love to able to buy DCU & ML at the same time. Imagine a world where you were able to buy the DCU Chemo wave and a ML Celestial wave at the same time. I know I think about that a lot.

On the other side I do see it from Hasbro's point of view a bit though. I think sometimes they see it from a damned if you do, damned if you don't standpoint. I personally would love for them to use the Black Panther, Bullseye and FO Punisher bodies as bases to make every damn character they could out of their stable of unmade characters, and I guarantee I would buy every freakin one of them on the spot as soon as I saw them. But based on history it seems that for every ML fan that feels this way, there are at least a handfull the would be outraged that they are reusing the molds so much and it wouldn't be long before people were up in arms b!tchin and moaning about how unoriginal each new character is. The real kicker is that I've not once heard DCUC described as unoriginal.

And this is the problem. Hasbro has many body types to choose from. the arguement that they don'rt own the toy Biz molds is garbage.!

If you can re=use Bullseye and the FO Punisher, or the Ml-6 Wolvie, and the various Spidey bodies, you don't need much else ... just ask Mattel.

Ifn fact, one of the best bodies is the FO Cap/ Sentry/ Black Panther body.

at least you get hands that form fists!!!

And the bottom line between DCUC and ML is that simply DCUC is AVAILABLE!!!

Hasbro throws us a few ML bones from time to time.

Just think of Nemesis and the current 2-packs.

I am a Marvel fan, but if a fig is hot, I try and get it, and right now I love the ML 2packs, but DCUC has some hot figs a v a i l ab l e !

Awfully plain??? Seriously?? Yeesh. You must hate Hasbro's ML and MU then.[

If he's talking about Wave 1 of DCUC, he's pretty dead-on. Orion, Red Tornado, The Demon? Not exactly all that dynamic-looking or particularly well-known.

Dark Reign.

And none of this negates DCUCs flaws, despite your fervent attempts to believe so. Further, DCUC HAS used the exact same body mold across a great many of their figures. Still continuing to use it, too.

1) he's judging DCUC on one wave. Fine, then I assume he judged ML on their shittiest wave as well?

2) Arguments about comics have nothing to do with ML or DCUC. Period. That said, his arguments were invalid because he obviously hasn't been reading any comics for the past couple years. Infinite Crisis was like 3 years ago. Plus, everything he said DC was doing were things Marvel is also doing.

Pretty obvious most people would agree they want more ML figs no matter what body type they use(bullseye,Face off punisher ECT..) otherwise customs(that use those same bodies) on ebay wouldn't be going for so much money.There is a void that needs filling here and hasbro just isn't doing it with their lackluster maybe twice a year schedule.

DCUC has a reasonable strategy, but I just can't see 6 inch figures gaining many new folks on the bandwagon. For those of us with large 6 inch collections, it's not totally crazy to spend $13 on a 6 inch figure, but for a noob, I'm sure it's unreasonable. And I think Hasbro has learned from the DCUC strategy--and is applying it in the MU line.

I'm actually a fan of the move to 4 inch scale figures--they can get more characters out quickly; playsets and vehicles are a (still unrealized) possibility, and they are easier to store.

I don't know, part of me wants Mattel to step up their 4 inch lines, and I want to declare deth of teh line on all 6 inch figures...but I know those things won't happen anytime soon. It'll probably be the slow bleed situation like it is now until the six inch figures lose their audience for good.

DCUC has a reasonable strategy, but I just can't see 6 inch figures gaining many new folks on the bandwagon. For those of us with large 6 inch collections, it's not totally crazy to spend $13 on a 6 inch figure, but for a noob, I'm sure it's unreasonable. And I think Hasbro has learned from the DCUC strategy--and is applying it in the MU line.

I'm actually a fan of the move to 4 inch scale figures--they can get more characters out quickly; playsets and vehicles are a (still unrealized) possibility, and they are easier to store.

I don't know, part of me wants Mattel to step up their 4 inch lines, and I want to declare deth of teh line on all 6 inch figures...but I know those things won't happen anytime soon. It'll probably be the slow bleed situation like it is now until the six inch figures lose their audience for good.

They should be able to get several new figs into each MU wave but to this point I think we've only ever gotten maybe 4 new figs in a wave (and more often than not at least one Spidey or IM makes it in as one of the "new" figs), and maybe one revision on previously released figs. The many re-releases never ceases to amaze me. I can't imagine many people are buying them.

I tried to buy MU for a while, just the ones i liked. But after a while as my collection grew it looked unimpressive next to my 6" Collection. So i sold it losing about half of what i spent. At the stores they have also slowed down. my walmart is flooded with them. I am not a fan of 4" figs but my son plays with them, and the GI Joes look better than MU Pluse WAY more Acsseries. so I dont mine spending a little for GI Joes. I might pick up the Iron Man2 Figs, But not the movie ones. The classics that will come with them. If Marvel Selects Scales down their Iron Man 2 Figures like they did the Wolverine Orgins figure for 6" Collecters, I will get them.

As Far as DCUC. The newst figures I have seen is the gothem 5 Pack and that sucks. 2 are superman figs, and 2 face and cat women are weak. The only single card figs are wave 6 and 7, And they will nver sell here. They have been sitting there for about 6 Months.

It isn't as if any side is going to win this argument. DC pimps out Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, and Wonder Woman. Marvel pimps out Spider-Man, Wolverine, Iron Man, and Captain America (and Deadpool).

Last time I checked, it was good business to promote your most popular characters. But hey, I guess capitalism is dead.

No your right it is good business, but most every one her do not own DC, or Marvel. Soooo. you are the consumer pick a side. This is for pooda, you forgot these comics:

1.BatMan

2.BatMan Confidental

3.BatMan Streets of Gotham

4.BatMan The Unseen

5.BatMan Detective Comics

6.BatMan and Robin

7.BatMan Widening Gyre

8.BatMan The Brave and The Bold

9.Blackest Night BatMan

10.SuperMan, BatMan

11.Justice League

12.Secret Six

Im pretty sure Im missing some, but all im saying is i would buy one ongoing series. Then I would become a big fan and have to buy 20 different BatMan Comics.

No your right it is good business, but most every one her do not own DC, or Marvel. Soooo. you are the consumer pick a side. This is for pooda, you forgot these comics:

1.BatMan

2.BatMan Confidental

4.BatMan The Unseen

6.BatMan and Robin

7.BatMan Widening Gyre

9.Blackest Night BatMan

10.SuperMan, BatMan

11.Justice League

12.Secret Six

Im pretty sure Im missing some, but all im saying is i would buy one ongoing series. Then I would become a big fan and have to buy 20 different BatMan Comics.

whats your point?

• Marvel Comics Presents: Wolverine Vol. 1 (Vol. 1 #1-10)
  • Marvel Comics Presents: Wolverine Vol. 2 (Vol. 1 #39-50)
  • Marvel Comics Presents: Wolverine Vol. 3 (Vol. 1 #51-61)
  • Marvel Comics Presents: Wolverine Vol. 4 (Vol. 1 #62-71)
  • Wolverine: Weapon X (Marvel Comics Presents Vol. 1 #72-84)
  • Wolverine: Blood Hungry (Marvel Comics Presents Vol. 1 #85-92)
  • Wolverine (Vol. 1 #1-4)
  • Essential Wolverine Vol. 1 (Vol. 2 #1-23)
  • Essential Wolverine Vol. 2 (Vol. 2 #24-47)
  • Essential Wolverine Vol. 3 (Vol. 2 #48-69)
  • Essential Wolverine Vol. 4 (Vol. 2 #70-90)
  • Essential Wolverine Vol. 5 (Vol. 2 #91-110, Annual '96 & Uncanny X-Men #332)
  • Wolverine Classic Vol. 1 (Vol. 2 #1-5)
  • Wolverine Classic Vol. 2 (Vol. 2 #6-10)
  • Wolverine Classic Vol. 3 (Vol. 2 #11-16)
  • Wolverine Classic Vol. 4 (Vol. 2 #17-23)
  • Wolverine Classic Vol. 5 (Vol. 2 #24-30)
  • Wolverine Legends Vol. 6: Marc Silvestri (Vol. 2 #31-34, 41-42, 48-50)
  • Wolverine: Not Dead Yet (Vol. 2 #119-122)
  • X-Men vs. Apocalypse Vol. 1: The Twelve (Vol. 2 #146-147)
  • X-Men vs. Apocalypse Vol. 2: Ages of Apocalypse (Vol. 2 #148)
  • Wolverine Legends Vol. 3: Law of the Jungle (Vol. 2 #181-186)
  • Wolverine Vol. 1: The Brotherhood (Vol. 3 #1-6)
  • Wolverine Vol. 2: Coyote Crossing (Vol. 3 #7-11)
  • Wolverine Vol. 3: Return of the Native (Vol. 3 #12-19)
  • Wolverine: Enemy of the State Vol. 1 (Vol. 3 #20-25)
  • Wolverine: Enemy of the State Vol. 2 (Vol. 3 #26-32)
  • House of M: World of M Featuring Wolverine (Vol. 3 #33-35)
  • Wolverine: Origins and Endings (Vol. 3 #36-40)
  • Wolverine: Blood and Sorrow (Vol. 3 #41, 49 & Giant-Size Wolverine #1)
  • Wolverine: Civil War (Vol. 3 #42-48)
  • Wolverine: Evolution (Vol. 3 #50-55)
  • Wolverine: The Death of Wolverine (Vol. 3 #56-61)
  • Wolverine: Get Mystique (Vol. 3 #62-65)
  • Wolverine: Origins Vol. 1 - BORN IN BLOOD (Wolverine: Origins #1-5)
  • Wolverine: Origins Vol. 2 - SAVIOR (Wolverine: Origins #6-10)
  • Wolverine: Origins Vol. 3 - SWIFT AND TERRIBLE (Wolverine: Origins #11-15)
  • Wolverine: Origins Vol. 4 - OUR WAR (Wolverine: Origins #16-20, Annual #1)
  • Wolverine: Origins Vol. 5 - DEADPOOL (Wolverine: Origins #21-27)
  • X-men: Original Sin (Wolverine: Origins #28-30, X-men: Original Sin one-shot, & X-Men: Legacy #217-218)
  • Wolverine: Origins Dark Reign (Wolverine: Origins #31-36)
  • Wolverine: First Class - The Rookie (Wolverine: First Class #1-4, Incredible Hulk #181)
  • Wolverine: First Class - To Russia With Love (Wolverine: First Class #5-8)
  • Wolverine: First Class - Wolverine by Night (Wolverine: First Class #9-12)
  • Wolverine Legends Vol. 2: Meltdown (Havok & Wolverine: Meltdown #1-4)

two points:

1) it's easy to quit once you have what you want. after that it seems like you just don't want others to catch up.

2) DC figures are plain. that was the goal in the beginning because it was cheaper and allowed them to get a threshold in the toy industry without having to spend extreme amounts of cash to catch up to marvel. unfortunately the plain character molds from the early waves plus the incredible difficulty most regions have in getting the figures makes the series almost a moot point.

p.s. the proliferation of single characters throughout the comic universe (wolverine, deadpool, batman) is good for spikes in sales but has turned many new and old fans away due to the tired nature of the character and the unbearable expense of trying to keep up. both marvel and DC now view comics as nothing more than advertisements for the characters in their movies.

If you don't believe me you can look it up. it is in NO WAY a secret or hard to find stuff on. marvels view 10 years ago was that spiderman the movie made a billion dollars, which is more than every single spiderman related thing combined since the begininning of the character has made.

1.BatMan

2.BatMan Confidental

4.BatMan The Unseen

6.BatMan and Robin

7.BatMan Widening Gyre

9.Blackest Night BatMan

10.SuperMan, BatMan

11.Justice League

12.Secret Six

whats your point?

• Marvel Comics Presents: Wolverine Vol. 1 (Vol. 1 #1-10)
  • Marvel Comics Presents: Wolverine Vol. 2 (Vol. 1 #39-50)
  • Marvel Comics Presents: Wolverine Vol. 3 (Vol. 1 #51-61)
  • Marvel Comics Presents: Wolverine Vol. 4 (Vol. 1 #62-71)
  • Wolverine: Weapon X (Marvel Comics Presents Vol. 1 #72-84)
  • Wolverine: Blood Hungry (Marvel Comics Presents Vol. 1 #85-92)
  • Wolverine (Vol. 1 #1-4)
  • Essential Wolverine Vol. 1 (Vol. 2 #1-23)
  • Essential Wolverine Vol. 2 (Vol. 2 #24-47)
  • Essential Wolverine Vol. 3 (Vol. 2 #48-69)
  • Essential Wolverine Vol. 4 (Vol. 2 #70-90)
  • Essential Wolverine Vol. 5 (Vol. 2 #91-110, Annual '96 & Uncanny X-Men #332)
  • Wolverine Classic Vol. 1 (Vol. 2 #1-5)
  • Wolverine Classic Vol. 2 (Vol. 2 #6-10)
  • Wolverine Classic Vol. 3 (Vol. 2 #11-16)
  • Wolverine Classic Vol. 4 (Vol. 2 #17-23)
  • Wolverine Classic Vol. 5 (Vol. 2 #24-30)
  • Wolverine Legends Vol. 6: Marc Silvestri (Vol. 2 #31-34, 41-42, 48-50)
  • Wolverine: Not Dead Yet (Vol. 2 #119-122)
  • X-Men vs. Apocalypse Vol. 1: The Twelve (Vol. 2 #146-147)
  • X-Men vs. Apocalypse Vol. 2: Ages of Apocalypse (Vol. 2 #148)
  • Wolverine Legends Vol. 3: Law of the Jungle (Vol. 2 #181-186)
  • Wolverine Vol. 1: The Brotherhood (Vol. 3 #1-6)
  • Wolverine Vol. 2: Coyote Crossing (Vol. 3 #7-11)
  • Wolverine Vol. 3: Return of the Native (Vol. 3 #12-19)
  • Wolverine: Enemy of the State Vol. 1 (Vol. 3 #20-25)
  • Wolverine: Enemy of the State Vol. 2 (Vol. 3 #26-32)
  • House of M: World of M Featuring Wolverine (Vol. 3 #33-35)
  • Wolverine: Origins and Endings (Vol. 3 #36-40)
  • Wolverine: Blood and Sorrow (Vol. 3 #41, 49 & Giant-Size Wolverine #1)
  • Wolverine: Civil War (Vol. 3 #42-48)
  • Wolverine: Evolution (Vol. 3 #50-55)
  • Wolverine: The Death of Wolverine (Vol. 3 #56-61)
  • Wolverine: Get Mystique (Vol. 3 #62-65)
  • Wolverine: Origins Vol. 1 - BORN IN BLOOD (Wolverine: Origins #1-5)
  • Wolverine: Origins Vol. 2 - SAVIOR (Wolverine: Origins #6-10)
  • Wolverine: Origins Vol. 3 - SWIFT AND TERRIBLE (Wolverine: Origins #11-15)
  • Wolverine: Origins Vol. 4 - OUR WAR (Wolverine: Origins #16-20, Annual #1)
  • Wolverine: Origins Vol. 5 - DEADPOOL (Wolverine: Origins #21-27)
  • X-men: Original Sin (Wolverine: Origins #28-30, X-men: Original Sin one-shot, & X-Men: Legacy #217-218)
  • Wolverine: Origins Dark Reign (Wolverine: Origins #31-36)
  • Wolverine: First Class - The Rookie (Wolverine: First Class #1-4, Incredible Hulk #181)
  • Wolverine: First Class - To Russia With Love (Wolverine: First Class #5-8)
  • Wolverine: First Class - Wolverine by Night (Wolverine: First Class #9-12)
  • Wolverine Legends Vol. 2: Meltdown (Havok & Wolverine: Meltdown #1-4)

Where not talking mini series, on going and current as in all those titles i mentiond.

And those wolverines, alot are from one ongoing series. As in monthly, Right Now.

weapon X

Wolverin Orgins

Wolverine First Class

oLd Man Logan

His Books, Not Teams