How about dying with some dignity ?

corto

i just want DISNEY to take it out of hasbro's hands.

2 What other company is out there that could handle Legends anyway? Mattel? Not really, then they would all look like DCUC figures and Marvel would not want their figures to look like the competitions offerings(most legends collectors probably wouldn't want ML to look like DCUC either) and they would likely be $15 a pop if not more for a single card release.

you guys kill me with that 15.00 crap. i have NEVER bought a dcu for 15.00...so where have you been seeing them at that price? not to mention that even if they were 15.00...you still get a BaF. as far MLs go, if they were 15 bucks, ML goers would just b*tch, b*tch, b*tch as they still spend that 15 on MLs!

At Walmart they are 12.99 a pop. Tax in CA is over 9% so after tax I think it's near 14.50. Close enough to 15 to round up anyway.

MLs are in 2 packs for 22 something. After tax that's close to 13 per fig. That's really close to 15, and like you said, NO BAF.

Like I always say tho, if you think it's too much, then don't buy it. If enough people did this, Hasbro and Mattel (not to mention Walmart, Target, TRU, etc) WOULD take notice.

Just look at the Movie GI Joes. No one was really buying them (or at least, not as many as toy co's / stores thought) and now the prices are dropping dramatically - $5.00 even at Walmart now.

u are so right

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 What other company is out there that could handle Legends anyway? Mattel? Not really, then they would all look like DCUC figures and Marvel would not want their figures to look like the competitions offerings(most legends collectors probably wouldn't want ML to look like DCUC either) and they would likely be $15 a pop if not more for a single card release.

you guys kill me with that 15.00 crap. i have NEVER bought a dcu for 15.00...so where have you been seeing them at that price? not to mention that even if they were 15.00...you still get a BaF. as far MLs go, if they were 15 bucks, ML goers would just b*tch, b*tch, b*tch as they still spend that 15 on MLs!

At Walmart they are 12.99 a pop. Tax in CA is over 9% so after tax I think it's near 14.50. Close enough to 15 to round up anyway.

MLs are in 2 packs for 22 something. After tax that's close to 13 per fig. That's really close to 15, and like you said, NO BAF.

Like I always say tho, if you think it's too much, then don't buy it. If enough people did this, Hasbro and Mattel (not to mention Walmart, Target, TRU, etc) WOULD take notice.

Just look at the Movie GI Joes. No one was really buying them (or at least, not as many as toy co's / stores thought) and now the prices are dropping dramatically - $5.00 even at Walmart now.

to be fair....movie joes sold more than ANY fig this year! theyre going on sale because of overstock.(and the movie hype dying) and ML collectors tryed "not buying" figs.....it resulted in hasbro slowing legends to a crawl, and the birth of MU.

to be fair....movie joes sold more than ANY fig this year! theyre going on sale because of overstock.(and the movie hype dying) and ML collectors tryed "not buying" figs.....it resulted in hasbro slowing legends to a crawl, and the birth of MU.

Ah, I wasn't aware of that. In my area the displays looked nearly the same every time I went to the store (each figure still in the same place...not re-stocked).

Ah, I wasn't aware of that. In my area the displays looked nearly the same every time I went to the store (each figure still in the same place...not re-stocked).

here too

of which wave? 1&2 are warmers, but beyond that....they sell very well!

we have movie joes flying off the shelves, only problem is i have about 3 pallets in the back full of nothing but movie joes. No matter how fast they are going i can't get them to go fast enough. I don't think the markdown to 5 bucks has really gertered new interest into the line, as much as it held previous interests. Either way its working. Wish they would drop mu to 5 bucks...

we have movie joes flying off the shelves, only problem is i have about 3 pallets in the back full of nothing but movie joes. No matter how fast they are going i can't get them to go fast enough. I don't think the markdown to 5 bucks has really gertered new interest into the line, as much as it held previous interests. Either way its working. Wish they would drop mu to 5 bucks...

no they dont here

well, most new joe characters are coming out in the movie line. you probally wont see that change until the 2010 Pursuit of Cobra figures are released. so thats why you might see a lot of "movie" figs.

The only one I can't find is the black wolf Snake Eyes.

the paris pursuit SE? youll probably have to find it at a store that didnt sell many of their joes. it was a 1st release that i passed on the few times that i saw it. i bought the second versoin with the white/grey timber instead.

i don't really keep up with joes other than checking out the quality when we get new ones in. whatever happened to the 6 " joes? If I'm not mistaken they were out a few years ago. May just have been a knock off though. Wal mart loves a good knock off.

you mean 8 inch. it was the GI Joe Sigma Six line.

the paris pursuit SE? youll probably have to find it at a store that didnt sell many of their joes. it was a 1st release that i passed on the few times that i saw it. i bought the second versoin with the white/grey timber instead.

i don't really keep up with joes other than checking out the quality when we get new ones in. whatever happened to the 6 " joes? If I'm not mistaken they were out a few years ago. May just have been a knock off though. Wal mart loves a good knock off.

you mean 8 inch. it was the GI Joe Sigma Six line.

Yeah sigma 6 were pertty cool, but pricey. I would only buy one if it was on discount.