My DCUC collection and soon to be ML collection!

kjaer21

I know this is the Marvel Boards, but I had to post my recent DCUC purchases. I love the6-inch line but am just getting into it.

You all probably have all of these if not more than I.

About a month ago, I got into this line. As you can tell, I have been busy and am loving it. I only need 40 more figures to go to be caught up so that I at least 1 of every person through series 10/Imperiex and Public Enemies (Target Exclusive) - Brimstone coming out in about a week. That would be 111 characters total.

I have Lobo, Atom, Batgirl/Barbara Gordon, Bizarro, Steel, Mr. Freeze, Metallo, Supergirl/Kara-El all in the mail to me now. I can't wait to get them.

My growing DCUC/DCSH collection:

DSCN2101.jpg

DSCN2099.jpg

DSCN2076.jpg

DSCN2091.jpg

Here is my ML list of what I am getting soon and will post pics ASAP when they arrive.

Series 1:

Toad

Series 2:

Dr. Doom – Doombot variant

Series 3:

Magneto

Series 5:

Red Skull

Sabretooth

Colossus

Series 6:

Phoenix

Dark Phoenix

Wolverine

Deadpool

Juggernaut

Series 7:

Apocalypse

Series 8:

Iceman

Storm

Galactus Series:

Nightcrawler

Bullseye – Variant

Sentinel Series:

Omega Red

Mystique

Cyclops

Angel – Variant

Mr. Sinister

Legendary Riders Series:

Ultron

Scarlet Witch

Taskmaster

Apocalypse Series:

Bishop – Variant

Sasquatch – Variant

Maestro

Onslaught Series:

Abomination

Lady Deathstrike

Pyro

Loki

Green Goblin

Blackheart

Onslaught

Giant Man Series:

Sabretooth

Kitty Pride

Mojo Series

Longshot

Baron Zemo

Psylocke

Mojo

Twin Packs Series 1:

Leader – Rounded Head

Kingpin – White suit

Twin Packs Series 2:

Sabretooth

X-Men Legends Box Set:

Rogue

Gambit

Magneto

Beast

X-Men Series 1:

Archangel

Hulk Series 1:

Mecha Hulk with Gargoyle

War Hulk

Spider Man Classics v1 Series 1:

Man-Spider

Spider Man Classics v1 Series 2:

Rhino

Spider Man Series 1:

Lizard

Doctor Octopus

Spider Man Series 2 or 3:

Hobgoblin

Spider Man Series 5:

Morbius

Spider Man Series 6:

Kraven

Spider Man Series 7:

Green Goblin

Spider Man Series 8:

Carnage

Spider Man Series 11:

Scorpion

Spider Man Series 12:

Sandman

Spider Man Series 13:

Mysterio

Spider Man Series 14:

Beetle

Spider Man Series 16:

Man Wolf

Spider Man Series 17:

Hobgoblin

Spider Man Series 18:

Mad jack

Shocker

Spider Man vs. the Sinister Six Box Set:

Doctor Octopus

Electro

Black Cat

Venom

Kraven

Spider-Man

Spider Man vs. the Fearsome Foes Box Set:

Vulture

Lizard

Carnage

Rhino

mattel should get the license. have you guys seen what jin did to cyclops and captain america with dcuc body sculpture? realy amazing.

I'm sorry I have to disagree mattel repeats the body sculpts to the point where almost all the characters have the same body, also I hear a lot about bad things about quality control and the paint apps are less than stellar. Granted, Hasbro has it faults but at this point I rather have them carry the license.

mattel should get the license. have you guys seen what jin did to cyclops and captain america with dcuc body sculpture? realy amazing.

I'm sorry I have to disagree mattel repeats the body sculpts to the point where almost all the characters have the same body, also I hear a lot about bad things about quality control and the paint apps are less than stellar. Granted, Hasbro has it faults but at this point I rather have them carry the license.

Are you saying Hasbro has stellar paint apps? Really?

DCUC figs are great. Granted, there have been reports of quality issues. That is a big minus. But the figs themselves are very well done. The do reuse a lot of base sculpts, but so does Hasbro. And I've yet to see Four Horsemen re-use a head sculpt (on a different character that is).

And this is coming from a big time Marvel fan.

DCUC figs are great. Granted, there have been reports of quality issues. That is a big minus. But the figs themselves are very well done. The do reuse a lot of base sculpts, but so does Hasbro. And I've yet to see Four Horsemen re-use a head sculpt (on a different character that is).

I'm not saying that Hasbro has great paint apps but most DCUC look too cartoony for my taste. Hasbro does repeat the same body sculpts but at least they don't make a character look too buff. If mattel had the license most of the characters would look like steroids versions of themselves. Both companies have their faults and we can make a whole thread listing them but for what I've seen in the DC forums Hasbro is the lesser of 2 evils.

if anything hasbro is making the marvel legends look realy tiny :laugh::tongue::laugh::tongue: specialy with all the scale issue's. i would be more then happy if mattel had the license. i just had one problem with the dcuc and that was killermoth. his arm did not move. fixed it. for me

-better paint job

-better character selection

-better sculpts, more clean

-great c&c

-great q&a's every 2 weeks

-company that listens to the fans

-a site who actualy delivers worldwide

for me it would be great if mattel has it. in the end it is always what do you like and what not. like with everything. some would have 100 points of articulations and others just 25. i was looking at jin's custome's. he did some amazing work with the dcuc body type and i love when they are more buff then usual. i would have loved these figs even more then the old toybiz figs. sadly for me, hasbro has the license until 2017. so i am not realy looking to get my hope's high again because i am not thrilled with what hasbro has to offer.

I'm not saying that Hasbro has great paint apps but most DCUC look too cartoony for my taste. Hasbro does repeat the same body sculpts but at least they don't make a character look too buff. If mattel had the license most of the characters would look like steroids versions of themselves. Both companies have their faults and we can make a whole thread listing them but for what I've seen in the DC forums Hasbro is the lesser of 2 evils.

lesser of two evils? even with mattel's piss poor distrubition, most of the dcu figs were, and still are easier to get than most ML waves that TB produced. and the reuse of bodies seems to be the way that every company is going. (gi joe/ml too) youve seen that hasbro has gotten to the point that theyre even using the same heads, and if they could, all MLs would use the adam warlock, or the bullseye body.(seeing that the only new sculpts that hasbro's made usually have one of those bodies) not to mention that hasbro has a problem with getting size correct. add their crappy "fan picks", the time that it takes them to release ONE set of figures, and the new "hasbro" joints.....you call them the lesser...please. (itll be years before i get my new deadpool)

mattels QC wasnt any worse than TBs! i dont know how long youve been visiting the boards, but im sure you remember the thousands of complaints about MLs when TB had it.(before dcu) paint chipping right out of the package, stuck joints, loose joints, figs falling apart, and bad paint aps. i mean, every company has these problems, but people act as if ML has never been through this. ive been collecting before ML, and i must say that ML has had its fair share of QC problems.

When did I mention Toybiz in my argument???? I didn't bring Toybiz into this because please there's no comparison. Even with all their problems they were better than what comes out today. Of course Mattel cranks out more product a year they have bad quality and reuse the same body all over. Personally I prefer DC Direct when it comes to DC since most of the figures of DC characters I want anyway have already being done by DC Direct and I don't have to wait for Mattel to sneak the figure in a wave between the 100th New Gods figure. So yeah Mattel getting the Marvel license not as great as anyone might think.

When did I mention Toybiz in my argument???? I didn't bring Toybiz into this because please there's no comparison. Even with all their problems they were better than what comes out today. Of course Mattel cranks out more product a year they have bad quality and reuse the same body all over. Personally I prefer DC Direct when it comes to DC since most of the figures of DC characters I want anyway have already being done by DC Direct and I don't have to wait for Mattel to sneak the figure in a wave between the 100th New Gods figure. So yeah Mattel getting the Marvel license not as great as anyone might think.

touchy, touchy. i never said that you mentioned toybiz. we are talking ML, arent we?(so TB is a given) and if you want to aderess the fact that mattel uses the same body mold, please address the fact that most of the legends that was shown to be released have reused heads AND bodies. mattel has hsd 10 waves, about 9 2 packs, a five pack, and the only QC issues were waves 4 and 5. the fact is, if mattel had the line, all of the characters that people dream of would be a reality. but, hey!...theres always MU.

touchy, touchy. i never said that you mentioned toybiz. we are talking ML, arent we?(so TB is a given) and if you want to aderess the fact that mattel uses the same body mold, please address the fact that most of the legends that was shown to be released have reused heads AND bodies. mattel has hsd 10 waves, about 9 2 packs, a five pack, and the only QC issues were waves 4 and 5. the fact is, if mattel had the line, all of the characters that people dream of would be a reality. but, hey!...theres always MU.

Im gonna have to side with Belmont, Although Pooda has some very solid points! When I stand my ML Crossbones next to any of my DCU classics, even though its hulkling re-used, it makes me love ML more. Hasbro seems to know when to use the right body for a certain figure. Ofcourse they have screwed up, so has Mattel, but when putting both lines next to each other. Hasbro wins! The four horsemen in my opinion, need to step up their game, they suck for useing the same articulation and sculpt EVERY SINGLE TIME. These guys get praised,,,, They SUCK with the DCUC. Why not put the effort like they did with their past work ,like 7th Kingdom figures which are phenomenal ! IDK,,, it seems as if companies sometimes rush to put figures out to shut everybody up. Especially when they see all the responses on forums like this!

Im gonna have to side with Belmont, Although Pooda has some very solid points! When I stand my ML Crossbones next to any of my DCU classics, even though its hulkling re-used, it makes me love ML more. Hasbro seems to know when to use the right body for a certain figure. Ofcourse they have screwed up, so has Mattel, but when putting both lines next to each other. Hasbro wins! The four horsemen in my opinion, need to step up their game, they suck for useing the same articulation and sculpt EVERY SINGLE TIME. These guys get praised,,,, They SUCK with the DCUC. Why not put the effort like they did with their past work ,like 7th Kingdom figures which are phenomenal ! IDK,,, it seems as if companies sometimes rush to put figures out to shut everybody up. Especially when they see all the responses on forums like this!

its not the horsemen, its mattel.

Duh,,, The 4 Horsemen work for Mattel ! They are the ones making the figures ! Thought you knew this, my bad !

Duh,,, The 4 Horsemen work for Mattel ! They are the ones making the figures ! Thought you knew this, my bad !

4 Horsemen design the figs. At most they produce a handful of prototypes (likely only 1). Mattel then mass-produces them. Mattel is responsible for the finished product and all defects. Thought you knew this, my bad.

4 Horsemen design the figs. At most they produce a handful of prototypes (likely only 1). Mattel then mass-produces them. Mattel is responsible for the finished product and all defects. Thought you knew this, my bad.

EldestSon knows whats up! people have to think, the 4H designed a total of about 4-6 bodies, but its not their fault that mattel said "stop there!" and just keeps on using them.(the bodies) im sure that if given the chance, they could do more detailed designs. its not like they didnt do great work on several MLs, MOTU, ghostbusters, dark knight, and several of their own lines, but seeing that this isnt public knowledge....i wouldnt expect anyone to know any of this. :wink:

EldestSon knows whats up! people have to think, the 4H designed a total of about 4-6 bodies, but its not their fault that mattel said "stop there!" and just keeps on using them.(the bodies) im sure that if given the chance, they could do more detailed designs. its not like they didnt do great work on several MLs, MOTU, ghostbusters, dark knight, and several of their own lines, but seeing that this isnt public knowledge....i wouldnt expect anyone to know any of this. :wink:

I didn't even think of that. Yeah, 4H could probably do unique sculpts for every character, but using a variation of 5 base sculpts is WAY cheaper for Mattel to mass-produce.