Planet Hulk direct to video ML tie-in

m.arndt

With the Planet Hulk direct-to-video animated movie coming out in Feb. 2010, I would love to see Hasbro do something similar to what Mattel did with releasing their Target exclusive Public Enemies wave of DC figures to tie-in with the Superman/Batman: Public Enemies direct-to-video animated movie.

I think it would be a perfect chance to release the Red King prototype that was canceled from the FFF wave, and a Hulk figure (for me it would preferably be the green McGuinness Hulk from the SDCC poll, but I'll take any Hulk figure really) in the form of a 2 pack as a retail exclusive to tie-in to the Planet Hulk movie. It could have special Planet Hulk packaging, or whatever to coincide with the movie. With the size to those 2 figures, the price point would more than likely be higher than the current 2 packs, but that wouldn't stop me from buying. Too bad there's probably no chance of it ever happening though.

What do you guys think? Good idea or not?

hasbro can barely bring a simple legends line out. so i realy dont think that hasbro has the guts or lets say enough brains to bring a sideline out. hasbro is a lame company when it comes to marvel products. they dont even know how to bring out some hero squads that had been shown and yet never has been released. some freaking hero squads. sorry buddy but i think this is all a wishfull thinking for every marvel legends fan out there.

This is a great idea.

Hasbro could have really milked this for what it is worth.

Yet, it won't happen because Hasbro is very short sighted when it comes to Marvel products.

Others have posted similar comments, but if they wanted to, Hasbro could get a limited edition of figures produced from now to January for a special edition to go along with the video, but $$$$$ and ideas for this coming holiday (and whatever Marvel themselves were thinking), are not on the same page.

Man if they don't want to spend time on figuring out what figs to come up with let us do it you know put up a forum where customizers can send in there work and if they like it they make that fig and all they do is put whoever made the fig there face on the package you know what i mean i bet some would go for it i know i would I'm just saying I just want my LEGENDS lol what you think

fro02, that would be a great idea, but I doubt that will ever happen.

I would love to have a custom Terrax, Grey Gargoyle, Snowbird, or Stingray.

Hasbro coudl do it EASILY, but money is the name of the game.

However, if they did this, like a contest through Toyfare, this could really give some of those customizers serious work and a job in the toy industry.

You know guys, I really sympathize with the whole ML plight , but if you think Hasbro isn't making any money on the Marvel front your all delusional. Just because we're not getting the line we want doesn't mean that no one is buying all the Marvel related stuff that they put out. I would bet right now that Hasbro makes more on Marvel product then Toy Biz/Marvel Toys did. When TB had the License you could go to Walmart and see ML (if they had any in stock, Gee how things don't change) and a Spidey line. Now you have IM, Spidey, MU, Handful of Heroes, Superhero Squad, Wolverine (two line, Movie and animated), Marvel TF's. Sure in the 90's TB hayday they were producing alot, but towards the end it was just ML, Spidey and whatever movie they were pimping out that year.

You know guys, I really sympathize with the whole ML plight , but if you think Hasbro isn't making any money on the Marvel front your all delusional. Just because we're not getting the line we want doesn't mean that no one is buying all the Marvel related stuff that they put out. I would bet right now that Hasbro makes more on Marvel product then Toy Biz/Marvel Toys did. When TB had the License you could go to Walmart and see ML (if they had any in stock, Gee how things don't change) and a Spidey line. Now you have IM, Spidey, MU, Handful of Heroes, Superhero Squad, Wolverine (two line, Movie and animated), Marvel TF's. Sure in the 90's TB hayday they were producing alot, but towards the end it was just ML, Spidey and whatever movie they were pimping out that year.

It looks like Hasbro is selling a lot but they are just sending out the minimum it can on the ML line that is our big fust. When toybiz had the line it was BETTER QUALITY and QUANTITY. Thats our big fust and the legends line had all kinds of figs from spider man to hulk. the Hasbro spider man line well um sucks say what yes I'm a big spider man fan and I'm saying the spider man line sucks right now the toybiz classic spider man line which by the way was out during ml was awesome they almost created all of his villains the origins line came out to at the same time. look we just ml collectors would like to continue to collect figures that are 6" not 3"75 figs but when we get it every day buy 3.75 figs and all of Hasbro's responses are 3.75 figs we get tired and want to kick an employee of Hasbro in the nads lol.

Hey Hasbro, how about making some 6" figures based on the new Planet Hulk Direct to DVD movie that's about to come out?

Hasbro: Wow, that's a great idea. We are definitely going to look into making a 3.75" line based on that movie. Thanks again for the idea!

Er...No. I asked about the 6" figures.

Hasbro: Right, 3.75".

Um...wha? No, 6". Marvel Legends scale.

Hasbro: Yes, exactly, Marvel Universe scale.

Hey Hasbro, how about making some 6" figures based on the new Planet Hulk Direct to DVD movie that's about to come out?

Hasbro: Wow, that's a great idea. We are definitely going to look into making a 3.75" line based on that movie. Thanks again for the idea!

Er...No. I asked about the 6" figures.

Hasbro: Right, 3.75".

Um...wha? No, 6". Marvel Legends scale.

Hasbro: Yes, exactly, Marvel Universe scale.

LMAO dude you're so right.

• 2 weeks later...
With the Planet Hulk direct-to-video animated movie coming out in Feb. 2010, I would love to see Hasbro do something similar to what Mattel did with releasing their Target exclusive Public Enemies wave of DC figures to tie-in with the Superman/Batman: Public Enemies direct-to-video animated movie.

I think it would be a perfect chance to release the Red King prototype that was canceled from the FFF wave, and a Hulk figure (for me it would preferably be the green McGuinness Hulk from the SDCC poll, but I'll take any Hulk figure really) in the form of a 2 pack as a retail exclusive to tie-in to the Planet Hulk movie. It could have special Planet Hulk packaging, or whatever to coincide with the movie. With the size to those 2 figures, the price point would more than likely be higher than the current 2 packs, but that wouldn't stop me from buying. Too bad there's probably no chance of it ever happening though.

What do you guys think? Good idea or not?

they wont