Ares Series

legendslover1701

because he came with the lower torso. figures that come with the torso are usually more expensive on on-line retailers

I don't necessarily agree with you on that. The only two "torso" figures that are "rare" or expensive are Warbird (with Giant Man's lower torso) and Invisible Woman (with Ronan's torso). Other figures such as Bishop, Mystique, Pyro, Nightcrawler, Deathlok, etc. are all readily available on eBay for next to nothing.

Also, the Guardian figure itself is expensive. Loose on eBay it goes for almost $30. And the piece is nowhere to be found.

Back to my original question, why is Guardian so expensive? And why is the BAF piece so rare? Was it a quantity issue? Limited release?

To clarify, Heikks86 is partially correct.

Recently it seems that tosro and head characters are getting more and more increasingly difficult to find. Especially in the last year or so, sometimes with Marvel, but mostly with DC related products.

However, the real reason that you are having a a hard time finding a decent priced MOC Guardian, is the same reason I still can't finish my Fin Fang Foom without wanting to do some custom work: these items are sold as EXCLUSIVES.

For some reason, Wal-Mart exclusives such as Ares and Nemesis are very difficult to find so that gives sellers the reason to raise the prices into the stratosphere.

Now i know FFF was not an exclusive, but it felt like it.

Target seems to do better in the actual availability of their exclsuives.

Wal-Mart makes finding their exclsuives like an Indiana Jones adventure.

I sugesst you not only try ebay, but Amazon, CMDStore.com (they have a section just for loose BAF parts), Tfieds, and other sites to find a Guardian figure that is not so high priced. Also check the trade section on this site as well.

God bless!

To clarify, Heikks86 is partially correct.

Recently it seems that tosro and head characters are getting more and more increasingly difficult to find. Especially in the last year or so, sometimes with Marvel, but mostly with DC related products.

However, the real reason that you are having a a hard time finding a decent priced MOC Guardian, is the same reason I still can't finish my Fin Fang Foom without wanting to do some custom work: these items are sold as EXCLUSIVES.

For some reason, Wal-Mart exclusives such as Ares and Nemesis are very difficult to find so that gives sellers the reason to raise the prices into the stratosphere.

Now i know FFF was not an exclusive, but it felt like it.

Target seems to do better in the actual availability of their exclsuives.

Wal-Mart makes finding their exclsuives like an Indiana Jones adventure.

I sugesst you not only try ebay, but Amazon, CMDStore.com (they have a section just for loose BAF parts), Tfieds, and other sites to find a Guardian figure that is not so high priced. Also check the trade section on this site as well.

God bless!

Thanks. The exclusive figures are, in my opinion, a dumb idea for an entire series. One figure, maybe. But not a whole series. I remember many adventures involving my THREE local Targets to try to find a Union Jack (torso of Rulk, I believe).

Thanks for the advice. I had never thought of Amazon until my girlfreind recently suggested it to me.