if you could only save one figure in a fire..

spang2005

I had this morbid thought tonight that if my apartment were on fire, which one figure would I want to save. I guess it's a way of choosing a favorite figure, but just more dramatic.

I figured (no pun intended) that I would have to choose giant man not only because of value but just because it's an awesome piece of plastic.

Now I realize the scenario isn't likely as figures would not really be a top priority, and even if they were you'd be able to grab a handful as easily as one. That aside and for the sake of conversation, what is the one figure you grab while everything is going to hell and why?

OHHHHHH MAN this is everyones nightmare i think we have all had this in the back of our minds i know i had some bad nights dreaming of this what figure would i take with me i dont know i know i would pick one now but at the moment i know i would choose an other i would brake the window in my room and start throwing figs out the window until they are out then jump out the window lol dam this is messed up lol now im thinking #$@# is my collection ok at home alone lol dam. this is going to be a bigconversation peace lol how do we get figuers insured????

First off, let me say thanks to Sprang for an original topic.

And yeah, it would be hard to choose just one figure.

While I do love my legends set, I just love my life a whole lot more.

God forbid i died over some plastic.

What in the world do I tell Jesus at the time of Judgement???

2ndly, I am with Tarot. I would NOT start over. Heck i have been trying to quit.

(Darn you Hasbro. Nova, Tigra, Black Bolt, and those 2-packs keep on dragging me back!!!)

Too much money, time, and energy spent on these figs. Once it is over, it is OVER!!!

Thanks for the props BigBear. I thought we could use some freshness around here.

So, to everyone who is saying they would save their skin, I say "duh." Just humor me! Of course I wouldn't expect anyone to put themselves in danger. So Shokker, get your mind right! Can no one make the tough decisions?

I too thought that I might be more tempted to take my customs first, since they have a lot of time and sentimental value, but when its go-time I just don't think I like them as much.

I know there are ways to get comics collections insured, and that kind of falls in this same category. Has anyone ever heard of action figure insurance before? I think I stumbled across it before in the pages of ToyFare, but I just found this with a simple google search. This is actually pretty interesting:

http://actionfigures.about.com/od/maintain...a/Insurance.htm

yea, good call on the deadpool. I still don't have one, and I refuse to pay the outlandish prices online for it. I'm hoping Hasbro will make one just as good or better so I don't have to sulk around thinking about how much I wish I had an ML deadpool. I guess if i did, it would probably trump giant man, but not by much.

Also, the more I think about it the more I'm inclined to say I'd go for my face-off cap. Not only is this a tough figure to find, I think I improved it by doing a head swap with a series 8 ultimate cap and super-gluing the wings of an extra series 1 cap on it, thus creating what I think of as "the perfect ML Captain America." Its a pretty awesome figure.

I wish I could save em all, but it could actually be a blessing in disguise. Maybe if my collection was destroyed it would be that last little bit of incentive to just leave it all behind instead of hanging on and constantly waiting for Hasbro to come to it's senses and bring ML back to it's one-time glory.