Marvel Select NOT done

EldestSon

http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/

I can't link the article, but on the front page is a link.

DST & Iron Man 2 Blast Off!

The biggest Super Hero movie of 2010 is fast approaching and will thrill fans with high-tech armor, covert government operations, one supremely angry Russian and, we are excited to announce, Diamond Select Toys! Maryland based Diamond Select Toys & Collectibles, LLC has secured a license from Marvel Entertainment to produce collectible action figures and Minimates based on the summer's surefire blockbuster hit, Marvel’s Iron Man 2!

Diamond Select Toys will bring the Iron Man 2 property to their most successful toy lines, recruiting top industry talent including Gentle Giant for the seven-inch collector-driven Marvel Select action figure line and design-house Art Asylum for the unstoppable Marvel Minimates series of two-inch articulated block figures. Both lines will see releases beginning in March of 2010 and continuing through the summer convention season, including exclusive partnerships with national toy retailer Toys "R" Us and online powerhouse Action Figure Xpress.com.

"After Marvel's Iron Man 2008 feature film increased the global awareness of this powerful brand and our continued success with both the Marvel Select and Marvel Minimates lines, securing the rights to Iron Man 2 toys was a very easy decision for us," commented Diamond Select Toys Director, Chuck Terceira. "We're all huge fans of the first Iron Man film and we're very much looking forward to highlighting both the comic and movie characters from the Iron Man universe over the next year."

Hot on the heels of the $585-million-generating Iron Man film, the action-packed sequel will hit theaters on May 7th of 2010 and catches up with Robert Downey Jr.'s Tony Stark six months after the events of his big-screen debut. Iron Man 2 also stars Mickey Rourke as the devilish Whiplash, Scarlett Johansson as the seductive and deadly Black Widow, Don Cheadle's War Machine debut and Samuel L Jackson, reprising his role as the world's number one spy, Nick Fury.

88793_235488_2.jpg

Iron Man 2 Marvel Select Iron Man

The build-up for next year's sure-fire hit begins here with the only full-size action figure based on the stunning Iron Man 2 designs! Exclusively available in the Marvel Select line, this upgraded Iron Man features top-quality sculpted detail, multiple points of articulation and a bonus Armor Assembly Station base. Perfect for six-to-seven-inch action figure collections, look for the companion War Machine figure in next month's Diamond Previews!

Note: Final sculpt will be revealed in February 2010 at the American International Toy Fair.

Price: $19.99

Preorder Item: We are currently accepting preorders for this item.

Estimated Availability Date: 04/28/10

• 1 month later...

i like it ill get both to be honest i like the base of the select figs i bought the marvel girl just for the gate lol i bought two to make the gate to the manson i have this big idea in my head and collecting here and there to see if i can make it that the only reason i might get the cyclops Sm fig i heard or read there will be x men figs coming out each with a peace to make a part of the danger room thats going to be awesome

Even with these being rather large, they look like they may fit some-what to scale with My Marvel Legends, if not oh well, I'm still picking them up, lol.

I just got Marvel Select Daredevil today, I've got Ultimate Wolverine (pwns Hasbro's so easily), Stealth and Regular Extremis Armor Ironman, Wolverine Origins (fits nicely with Legends and rocks especially with SF Guile's Dog-tags around his neck), Thor (who awesomely fits with Legends) and Bucky Cap, as well as all 3 Marvel Zombie Selects and now I add Daredevil to the fold.

I plan on picking up Hulk and Abomination and the Ironman and Warmachine. I really want to pick up Cloak and Dagger, Mephisto and Ghost Rider, probably end up with the Spiderman that's coming out from the line too.

Marvel Selects rock.

• 1 month later...