New SMC Figures!

pooda

They could have at least used mattel hips on that goblin instead of making him a normal old school t crotch, then while not being as good as say ML13 Goblin he'd still be a pretty nice figure.

Im betting Mattel has a patton or whatever on their articulation.

Anyway, it looks like they are really aiming these at kids moreso collectors (even more than they were before).

Again, the Spiderman figs look like 6" versions of 3.75" figs.

Naw I have new Gears of war NECA figs and they have mattel hips, and they look even better because of the sculpt and paint jobs.

Those aren't exactly the same as mattel hips...and they may have pattoned theirs too.

?? not the same? they do the exact same thing and they are not the same bacause they are 2 different action figs. they do the splits, they swivel left to right, the only diff. is the peg that holds the leg is visibale on the neca fig.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if people would be interested in poorly articulated and slightly small 6" figs that arent remakes? even ones with t crotches.

people will buy any thing new. if not they start collecting other figs. Thats why I like Neca, Mattel. gives me other options. I would get the spider-man figs but i cant get my self to dish out $11 bucks for those, maybe if they were $5 I would consider it.

Hi, been lurking for awhile never had a reason to post until this thread.

I read all the hate for this line in this thread and based on the pics posted I thought the figures weren't nearly as bad as people were stating.

Anyway I was at wal-mart and finally saw these in person and I was blown away by the Green Goblin! This thing is awesome the head sculpt is the best one I've seen to date.

Check it out

gobby1.jpg

gobby2.jpg

gobby2.jpg

gobby3.jpg

gobby4.jpg

I'm not sure what some of you consider great figures but that Gobby is crazy lookin. Yes, I too would've preferred more articulation but the sculpt on this figure is awesome! I think some of you just have blind hatred for all things Hasbro which is reallytoo bad because you miss out on some great stuff. My new favorite Goblin.

The Spider-mans were good too I just thought the hands were pretty weak, especially the web shooting one.

I did actually come across the Black Spidey recently. I didn't see one the first time I saw the figures on the pegs. The sculpt is quite alright but damn I wish Hasbro would come to use and appreciate how the more natural looking bicep joint works compared to the multi-swivel elbow joint. Posing your figs with this joint just looks painful. And how hard is it to make that toggle ankle joint that made all TB's ML stand on solid footing?

The GG sculpt (and paint app) actually looks pretty good as well, but the poseability issues are even worse. I mean how can you have a guy that rides a glider without effin' ankle joints. Garbage compared to TB version.

Whatever, I'll buy up every piece of junk made with Hasbro's articulation as long as you give me something freakin new. We're still looking for Prowler, Black Cat, Silver Sable, a better Shocker, Kraven, Vermin, Tombstone, the list goes on and on.

ML and the box set goblins are better. That ones eyes are lopsided.

I pretty sure it's meant to be that way. It gives him that crazy unstable look.

The only thing I prefer about the ML one over this one is the articulation and the glider.

I do like the Sinister 6 Goblin also but I still prefer the sculpt on this one. I'm just not a big fan of the Alex Ross look but too each his own.

Whatever, I'll buy up every piece of junk made with Hasbro's articulation as long as you give me something freakin new. We're still looking for Prowler, Black Cat, Silver Sable, a better Shocker, Kraven, Vermin, Tombstone, the list goes on and on.

I agree. Where are decent versions of the above characters, and why not give us Silver mane already?

It is a simple formula, to help push a hero line, give collectors various villains!!!

Someone at Hasbro is truly sleeping on the job.

I agree. Where are decent versions of the above characters, and why not give us Silver mane already?

It is a simple formula, to help push a hero line, give collectors various villains!!!

Someone at Hasbro is truly sleeping on the job.

Im cool with that i just want some new figs someone who has not been made i know heros are cool and all butwhats the point of having heros if we dont have villains to fight with come on now give me VILLAINS

besides his arms, whats wrong with shocker? kraven was pretty good too!

i was so happy with this shocker. thank god that toybiz did him before hasbro took over. think of the massacre? i so hate it when they dont give spidey a fist for the black costume. he doesnt shoot his webs like this. other then this he looks ok. green goblin is not bad but he isnt good either. if you missed the wonderfull ml goblin, then this is ok to get.

HIS ARMS! The rest of the sculpt was awesome but the entire figure was ruined by his arms. Same situation with Hydro Man.

I guess the Kraven was OK but he was just a little hard to find and now he just seems kinda....dated. I only ever saw him in one box set in my area and the Vulture's head was broken. Never saw him as a single card. They could improve it a bit and re-release or hell they can even just re-release the exact same one. Just make him more available.

I read all the hate for this line in this thread and based on the pics posted I thought the figures weren't nearly as bad as people were stating.

Anyway I was at wal-mart and finally saw these in person and I was blown away by the Green Goblin! This thing is awesome the head sculpt is the best one I've seen to date.

Check it out

gobby1.jpg

gobby2.jpg

gobby2.jpg

gobby3.jpg

gobby4.jpg

I'm not sure what some of you consider great figures but that Gobby is crazy lookin. Yes, I too would've preferred more articulation but the sculpt on this figure is awesome! I think some of you just have blind hatred for all things Hasbro which is reallytoo bad because you miss out on some great stuff. My new favorite Goblin.

The Spider-mans were good too I just thought the hands were pretty weak, especially the web shooting one.

I'm no Hasbro hater but this figure does not look good to me at all. This Goblin looks like he's on crack. To me the ML version that was released with un-masked variant was perfect to me. They didn't ever have to make another after that. :biggrin:

I bought the black costume Spiderman and it is a nice basic sculpt with articulation at the head, shoulders, elbows, mid-waist, hips, knees, and ankles. Basic but decent. I love the paint and I especially love the head...but then no wrist articulation so the left hand is left in a terrible position that doesn't look right ever, no matter what!

Don't buy it...the arms make it a terrible figure.

• 3 weeks later...

Check it out

gobby1.jpg

gobby2.jpg

gobby2.jpg

gobby3.jpg

gobby4.jpg

Very well said. I mean look at the poses in the pics, absolutely amazing, you don't need more articulation than that!!

ML and the box set goblins are better. That ones eyes are lopsided.

There not lopsided, his right eyebrow is raised for that psychotic look.

HIS ARMS! The rest of the sculpt was awesome but the entire figure was ruined by his arms. Same situation with Hydro Man.

I guess the Kraven was OK but he was just a little hard to find and now he just seems kinda....dated. I only ever saw him in one box set in my area and the Vulture's head was broken. Never saw him as a single card. They could improve it a bit and re-release or hell they can even just re-release the exact same one. Just make him more available.

More available? Here there was pegs of nothing but Kraven. First time I ever heard of Kraven being hard to find.

The GG sculpt (and paint app) actually looks pretty good as well, but the poseability issues are even worse. I mean how can you have a guy that rides a glider without effin' ankle joints.

Simple, look at the pics! Is he not very nicely atop his glider? He doesn't need ankle joints, ankle joints are what make figs impossible to stand as they get loose. My black widow's ankle joints are so loose she can't stand, I have to put here on a figure stand to keep her standing.

• 4 weeks later...