New SMC Figures!

pooda

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, that goblin doesn´t beat ML13 Gobby.

Bad paint, short and very limited articulation don´t allow the figure to be posed in a dynamic and natural pose. Hasbro´s GG looks more like a Happy Meal toy with artritic issues.

3.jpg

000_0026.jpg

Nobody said it was better than the ML one , but its a close second. The paint is fine, actually better than alot of hasbro stuff to date. Yeah he is a bit short but big deal, I'll never understand you scale freaks. You don't really need more articulation than that for a fig that goes on a glider, I mean there's only really one pose he's gonna be in; on his glider.

Then Hasbro should glue the damn thing to the glider, or even better, sculpt everything from the waist doen in just one piece.

Give me a non pre-posed glider to put Gobby on and I could strike at least 4 different poses, rather than just a rigid. And scale freaks?? YES! I still have my TB Legends and when I pose one of Hasbro´s Legends next to a TB´s, they look short. Or are you content with Hasbro´s Jugernaut???

C´mon.

Hasbro Jugs is based more on his earlier smaller appearances though so thats kinda why he's smallish.

As for other figures, yes some are small(heck i love the movie Iron Man figures but the Mark 2/3 mold and the Mark 1 are just to small to have a 6 inch scale person inside)

Silver Surfer smallish but at the same time his only real problem is the pin head, height wise he's the same size as a ton of TB figures, same for Daredevil, good body scale but a pin head.

2 Pack Iron Man is kind of the same, it would be possible for a 6 inch scale person to fit inside except maybe for the head and slim torso, but he's closer to being accurate then ML1's oversized mold.

Hasbro's main scale problem seems to be pin head issues(of course to be fair some of TB's are to large) except for the WTF figures like Tarantula, i mean The hell? is the same old freaking mold of QS?YJ howed it get downsized so badly? Kree Soldier turned out fine in comparison, actually all the really smallish figures are SMC related, must be a different team then the ML line or something.

Then Hasbro should glue the damn thing to the glider, or even better, sculpt everything from the waist doen in just one piece.

Give me a non pre-posed glider to put Gobby on and I could strike at least 4 different poses, rather than just a rigid. And scale freaks?? YES! I still have my TB Legends and when I pose one of Hasbro´s Legends next to a TB´s, they look short. Or are you content with Hasbro´s Jugernaut???

C´mon.

I agree you can give him different poses but only the upper part of the body. No matter what pose you give the upper body , the legs will always be at the same place: On the glider !!

As far as scale goes, i don't have the hasbro juggy, the TB one is good enough for me. I personally don't get caught up on small details like scale, but that's me. To me as long as we have the fig(would you rather have a smaller tarantula or not have one at all ?) and that it looks good, that's all that matters !!

Bad paint, short and very limited articulation don´t allow the figure to be posed in a dynamic and natural pose. Hasbro´s GG looks more like a Happy Meal toy with artritic issues.

Nobody said it was better than the ML one , but its a close second. The paint is fine, actually better than alot of hasbro stuff to date. Yeah he is a bit short but big deal, I'll never understand you scale freaks. You don't really need more articulation than that for a fig that goes on a glider, I mean there's only really one pose he's gonna be in; on his glider.

Saying it beats out the SMC goblin isn't saying much. That's like saying a Pinto is better than a Gremlin.

And it's not a "close" second. It's a very, very, very distant second.

C´mon.

I agree you can give him different poses but only the upper part of the body. No matter what pose you give the upper body , the legs will always be at the same place: On the glider !!

As far as scale goes, i don't have the hasbro juggy, the TB one is good enough for me. I personally don't get caught up on small details like scale, but that's me. To me as long as we have the fig(would you rather have a smaller tarantula or not have one at all ?) and that it looks good, that's all that matters !!

Nope, I´m not talking about the upper body, I´m talking about poses Willem DaFoe striked on the movie: crouching, leaning forward, sideways, grabbing the front of the glider, etc. That couldn´t be done with Hasbro´s Goblin. Close second? Maybe in looks, cause Ramos´ and Ross´ Goblin come first.

Saying it beats out the SMC goblin isn't saying much. That's like saying a Pinto is better than a Gremlin.

Naw I think he meant it was a close second to a Happy Meal Toy.

C´mon.

Nope, I´m not talking about the upper body, I´m talking about poses Willem DaFoe striked on the movie: crouching, leaning forward, sideways, grabbing the front of the glider, etc. That couldn´t be done with Hasbro´s Goblin. Close second? Maybe in looks, cause Ramos´ and Ross´ Goblin come first.

Its not really the height of the hasbro figures that bothers me so much. Its the skinny asz anarexic figures they spit out and charge the shyt out of them. if i wanted a small figure i would buy Gi Joes.

What gets me Is hasbro had it right in the first place with Spider man Orgins.

Remember those every one those were awsome! I remember getting Demogoblin, Rhino, Iron Spider man, 2099 spider man. May be they were left over from toy biz and Hasbro bought them out. Those were good scale, good rubber, good paint jobs. that was the first wave of Hasbros spider man orgins. whats up with that?

The smc goblin hadn't even crossed my mind, i meant second between series 13 and the sinister six one.

C´mon.

The goblin from the sinister six box is a big disaster, looks terrible.

This is my ranking.

1-legends series 13

2-Hasbro smc

3-sinister six box

4-TB smc

You know, i still don't actually have a figure of Greeny, only goblins i have are the Hasbro Demogoblin and the good TB Hobgoblin, though if i were to get a Greeny the Hasbro one would not be it, not with a standard t crotch(sides i still need ML13 Goblin for him and the BAF Part heh)

Course i guess why i never got any form of Greeny is cause i just liked Hobby better in the old 90s cartoon, Mark Hamill just usually rocks as anyone he voices :D

You know, i still don't actually have a figure of Greeny, only goblins i have are the Hasbro Demogoblin and the good TB Hobgoblin, though if i were to get a Greeny the Hasbro one would not be it, not with a standard t crotch(sides i still need ML13 Goblin for him and the BAF Part heh)

Course i guess why i never got any form of Greeny is cause i just liked Hobby better in the old 90s cartoon, Mark Hamill just usually rocks as anyone he voices :D

The MU Goblin is really good.

Anyway, you could probably pick up a ML Goblin easy enough.

3.jpg

000_0026.jpg

i agree its my detailed to the new one and i personally like the old glider better

Naw I think he meant it was a close second to a Happy Meal Toy.

haaaaaaaaaaa!