New Spiderman Classics figs out

Jin Saotome

I just stumbled across these at KMart today, a new series of 6" Spidey figures. They had a recarded scorpion tailed venom but also the new sculpt of Green Goblin. However poor Goblin had a T-crotch instead of ball hips so I passed on him. A real shame because the new face sculpt looks cool. The black suit Spidey and regular Spidey look great tho, very slender and muscular sculpts. Symbiote Spidey comes with a 'web glider' ala a goblin glider and red/blue Spidey comes with a ridiculous looking jetpack and boots. Standard Hasbro ball-n-cup articulation but lacking wrist swivels and the red/blue Spidey is missing ankle artic. Otherwise nice figures!

post-3868-1260916273_thumb.jpg

Not to put him on a pedastool or anything, but Jin is one of those guys who has earned massive acclaim in the custom community. Thank you for the info Jin, you are one of the few who inspired me to customize.(I placed first in the recent figurerealm Steampunk contest.) I am surprised you didn't buy the Goblin and make him better, man. It's what you do. Happy Holidays all.

I saw green goblin at wally yesterday and it looks like he had a major stroke.the left side of his face is all droopy. maybe if he came with some stem cell pumpkin bombs....

LMAO! I though the same thing, maybe he had a seizure or something... I think they tried to do the 'raised eyebrow' effect on him to give expression but something went terribly awry.

what in the? i checked some pics of these and on fwoosh a dude had a pic of spidey next to tarantula and he is even smaller then tarantula???? is this a joke???? god, i wish that hasbro doesnt do spidey figs anymore. i hope that it is over. i was willing to get those 2 but not like this.

truely... even smaller then tranatula what a shame, doesnt really matter tbh there just repeating the same characters again and again any way.

im just glad they didnt finally put out a tombstone and him be 5 1/4 inches tall with spideys build. They can screw up all the spideys and goblins they want.

tell me about it. i can easly put my old toybiz tombstone right next to it if they shrink them like this. why didnt they go on with the 5 insh line if they are allready so small? it doesnt make any sense at all.

How did you fix them?

Used a Dremel with a dental bit, you can get both at Home Depot. Carefully cut hands off at the wrists. Drill very small holes on both ends, hand and arm. Use a very small screw from some piece of fodder you have lying around and screw it in the wrist on the hand piece. Use super glue to hold the screw into place. Be very careful to clean off any excess because it will show on the black figure. Some might want to cover the screw to make it move more smoothly. Epoxy sculpt works pretty well. Drill a slighly larger hole in the wrist on the arm portion and use the dental bit to hollow out a small cavity to accept the screw. I suggest trying it a few times on old of junk figs before you do it to one of your good ones.

Not a perfect fix by any means but at least you have wrist rotation.