Marvel Select needs to step up!

tyhifive

At first I wasn't sold on these guys. I thought they were just nice looking semi articulated statues for extreme collectors. After noticing some customs with the ultimate Thor I looked closer but stillwasn't convinced. But I read your reviews on Sabretooth, looked at one in the store close up and went with it. When I opened it up and carefully posed it ,(heard abput the broken arm someone on here got)I was hooked. Well worth the $20 bucks. To each his own but don't knock this line until you try it. It is separate to its ownand shouldn't be classed with ML though some figs can work with them. I wouldn't mind seeing an Iceman or a Storm next. I am in agreement on Wolverine though. He is taking over almost every respectable line. I still like the guy but you can only take so much. I will continue to support bot ML and MS. I only buy the figs I like anyway.

Let's be honest here. Most of the Marvel Select stuff just rots away on pegs. I can walk into my local comic store and find every single one on the shelf,hell I can walk in and take a picture and load it up for proof even. I could also walk into a local place, called Suncoast Video (now FYE) and find them peg warming there until they decided to clearance them for half off. I find it hard to believe that many of you TOTALLY support MS in all of the toys that they do. My guess is that most of you bought the Thanos, Watcher, Cloak & Dagger, Brood/Skrull. Red Hulk, Thor, all the ones needed to fill in your ML scale figures. Few of you may have bought the Thor product &/or the Ironman product, but as a whole buying MS is probably a lot more selective to purchase since we all that ALL of us usually take the scale into account when purchasing. I would wager that none of you buy everything that MS releases the way MOST of us do for ML products.

well, when MS started, ML was still going....so im pretty sure that people cherry picked through the selection. but if there was no ML, would MS be so "irrelevent"? and a correct statement would be..."lets be honest here, MS figs just rotts away on pegs in YOUR area. ofcourse MS is dragging because of ML.(no brainer) but MS is its own line. no different than any other. but its crazy to say that MS cant have a shot at producing a character just because "legends" has one. i keep telling everyone that this is one of the ONLY group of collectors(marvel) that has trouble accepting multiple companies making multiple products for fig lines. if DCUC line dies, DC collectors arent going to say "DC direct should only make figs that mattel hasnt done. indie comic collectors dont do it either...just mavel. the bad: hasbro is not going to give you what you want....sorry. the good: we have a chance at another marvel line that might go all the way.(like mattel's doing with DC) it seems as if MS is working on their articulation, so i dont see a problem besides a few collectors that dont want to trade up....nothing lasts forever.

I can only speak for myself here, but I have a lot of time and SPACE committed to 6" scale. I'm just not interested in things that don't fit. I tried 3.75" and I have a bunch of those (Joes and MUs), but I just don't care for them enough to devote more money and space (big concern for me atm) to another line.

This goes for MS figs that just don't fit with my 6"ers.

If Hasbro was still putting out MLs like TB was I don't think anyone would be complaining about the 3.75" or MS scale figs. Just like people don't who collect DCUC. I collect DCUC and don't complain about the other DC lines in part because I get plenty of DCUC. So, I don't think it's a marvel/hasbro/dc/mattel thing, but just a "we don't get MLs like we used to and it really sux" thing.

I love marvel select. I buy pretty much everything that they make. i think they are doing a great job. i do wish they would make the larger guys and such, but i have no problem with them making toys that are already made. because they seem to make them better and cooler. with no ml's being made really anyways i think ms is filling the void good enough.

Let's be honest here. Most of the Marvel Select stuff just rots away on pegs. I can walk into my local comic store and find every single one on the shelf,hell I can walk in and take a picture and load it up for proof even. I could also walk into a local place, called Suncoast Video (now FYE) and find them peg warming there until they decided to clearance them for half off. I find it hard to believe that many of you TOTALLY support MS in all of the toys that they do. My guess is that most of you bought the Thanos, Watcher, Cloak & Dagger, Brood/Skrull. Red Hulk, Thor, all the ones needed to fill in your ML scale figures. Few of you may have bought the Thor product &/or the Ironman product, but as a whole buying MS is probably a lot more selective to purchase since we all that ALL of us usually take the scale into account when purchasing. I would wager that none of you buy everything that MS releases the way MOST of us do for ML products.

well, when MS started, ML was still going....so im pretty sure that people cherry picked through the selection. but if there was no ML, would MS be so "irrelevent"? and a correct statement would be..."lets be honest here, MS figs just rotts away on pegs in YOUR area. ofcourse MS is dragging because of ML.(no brainer) but MS is its own line. no different than any other. but its crazy to say that MS cant have a shot at producing a character just because "legends" has one. i keep telling everyone that this is one of the ONLY group of collectors(marvel) that has trouble accepting multiple companies making multiple products for fig lines. if DCUC line dies, DC collectors arent going to say "DC direct should only make figs that mattel hasnt done. indie comic collectors dont do it either...just mavel. the bad: hasbro is not going to give you what you want....sorry. the good: we have a chance at another marvel line that might go all the way.(like mattel's doing with DC) it seems as if MS is working on their articulation, so i dont see a problem besides a few collectors that dont want to trade up....nothing lasts forever.

I can only speak for myself here, but I have a lot of time and SPACE committed to 6" scale. I'm just not interested in things that don't fit. I tried 3.75" and I have a bunch of those (Joes and MUs), but I just don't care for them enough to devote more money and space (big concern for me atm) to another line.

If Hasbro was still putting out MLs like TB was I don't think anyone would be complaining about the 3.75" or MS scale figs. Just like people don't who collect DCUC. I collect DCUC and don't complain about the other DC lines in part because I get plenty of DCUC. So, I don't think it's a marvel/hasbro/dc/mattel thing, but just a "we don't get MLs like we used to and it really sux" thing.

i like figures. if it doesnt fit with 6 inch...so what? im not letting the scale of a certain line, or whatever keep me from buying great figures. as far as joes go...ill take'em!

i like figures. if it doesnt fit with 6 inch...so what? im not letting the scale of a certain line, or whatever keep me from buying great figures. as far as joes go...ill take'em!

If you have money and space, more power to you. Unfortunately, some of us don't. Myself, I'm running out of space...QUICKLY!!! My DC shelves are going to be getting VERY cramped when I receive 11.

Same here. I mean my old vintage X-Men and Spider-Man stuff look really out of place next to my MS Wolverine and Sabretooth but I'm not gonna throw out my older figures just because of that nor will it stop me from picking up some ML figure simply because the scales don't match up. If I like the figure, I'm gonna buy it. Just my 2 cents.

Same here. I mean my old vintage X-Men and Spider-Man stuff look really out of place next to my MS Wolverine and Sabretooth but I'm not gonna throw out my older figures just because of that nor will it stop me from picking up some ML figure simply because the scales don't match up. If I like the figure, I'm gonna buy it. Just my 2 cents.

Same here. I'f i like a figure i'll buy it without question. my figures go from like 2 inches to 15. theres a huge gap there and i love having a large selection in toys.

If you have money and space, more power to you. Unfortunately, some of us don't. Myself, I'm running out of space...QUICKLY!!! My DC shelves are going to be getting VERY cramped when I receive 11.

its not a matter of room, its how you handle them. my DC stuff is growing O.C., but i dont display EVERY figure i have. my most prized and like go on display, the rest are in labeled boxes. thats what i o for every line.

its not a matter of room, its how you handle them. my DC stuff is growing O.C., but i dont display EVERY figure i have. my most prized and like go on display, the rest are in labeled boxes. thats what i o for every line.

I do display all open figs. For me, there's no reason to collect if I'm not going to display them (since I don't do a lot else with them). Space is a big concern for me. Hopefully next year I'll move into a larger house where I can have my own office and that will provide a lot more space.

Tho I DREAD moving all those figures and then setting them up again (yes, fun, but what a chore).