Custom Wolverine and Cyclops

NickRapitis

Wasn't completely satisfied with the ones Toybiz/Hasbro made so after blood, sweat, and tears (it really wasnt that bad actually) I came up with these two custom figures...they are highly based off the 90s X-Men Animated Series but still have some tweaks here and there where I decided to throw in my own twists...i still might tweak a few things here and there but for the most part they are done...let me know what you think!

P1010448.jpg

P1010449-1.jpg

P1010253-2.jpg

What Wolverine head did you use? Reminds me of the original 5-inch Tigerstripe Wolvie from the 90's.

Definitely captured the essence of the 90's cartoon with those. How did you do the optic blast or is that a Shop?

The Wolvie head is from the XMC (Marvel Legends) line. Its has been modified a but though as out of the package it had a Jay Leno chin and weird nose. The boots are from that Wolverine as well but have also been modified. I figured by doing that rather than simply repainting the Rulk Wolverine like everyone else does it would give it more of a feel for the Animated Series Wolverine.

The Optic Blast was not photoshopped. Parts if it are plastic I cut and painted so it would fit in his visor. One of them (not sure if i loaded that particular pic in this thread) also has hot molded hot glue at the end to give it the "dispersion effect" for when it hits someone. There are a total of three interchangeable Optic Blasts that can be put in his visor. There is still clear red plastic in there as well for when none of them are being used, but i like to leave the "little flash" one in there just to spice it up.

If you have any other questions regarding these customs or customs in general please feel free to ask :D