CUSTOM INJURYS

fro02

Ok I was thinking what would be a good read and well i have not seen a post of this so lets see. i know with the lack of legends some of us have turned to customs. during my trial and error got a few cuts and what not tell me about yours lol.

ill start it off i am working on a classic bi-beast figuer and was grinding down some appoxie with my drimel and a pieace of plastic flew in my eye so for two days i was walking aronud with a white dot on my cornea oon the iris the part of the eye where the color is i have brown eyes so it looked funny and hurt like hell i felt it EVER time i blinked my eye EVER time ii took it like a man and cried when i was home. lol tell me yours :profx:

Slipped a screw driver into my thumb. Slipped with an exacto knife and got the most perfect cut on my thumb. BTW Exacto knives can really F U up. They cut deep !!! Super glue splashed in my eye,,,,it was a super tiny drop. My eyeball was going crossed eyed for about a minute! Super glued thumb to lower index. Damn! Im super careful now,,,LMAO

I don't have an ML figures to customize but I used to customize some Star Wars figures a few years ago and once I pretty much split the bottom of my thumb open with an Exacto. I agree with the guys above me, Exactos are deadly.

Safty first bro, you gotta stretch and cut away from your self. wear body armor and chain mail mesh gloves.....

Slipped a screw driver into my thumb. Slipped with an exacto knife and got the most perfect cut on my thumb. BTW Exacto knives can really F U up. They cut deep !!! Super glue splashed in my eye,,,,it was a super tiny drop. My eyeball was going crossed eyed for about a minute! Super glued thumb to lower index. Damn! Im super careful now,,,LMAO

Ditto! The screwdriver thing happened to me alot and I never thought much about it. Then last month my finger got infected and was swollen like a sausage and the pain was incredible. It was my right middle finger at that. So imagine when I held it up to be treated. lol. The doctor at the ER was going to drain it with a needle after numbing it with another needle. He told me that it was either that or take antibiotics with pain medicine and try to force it open myself like a pimple. And maybe it'll be okay. I hate needles so you know which option I took. I wear work gloves every time now with the sharp tools.

But that pain medicinefeels so goood!

I have had numerous cuts and injuries. The one that sticks out in my mind was when I was sculpting with a tool that has a needle like tip on one end and a curved scoop end on the other (about the length of a pencil). It slipped out of my hand and as an instinctual move when something is dropped in my lap I quickly bring my legs together to attempt to catch the dropped article in question. Well the tool fell perfectly horizontal and stabbed about half an inch into my inner thigh. I knew I had pulled a dumb move when a blood spot appeared on my pants. I now am extra careful...P.S. always wear your safety goggles gents!

• 1 year later...

Wow, this is an old topic. I wanted to add my pain though, so I'm noting mine. My hand has two exacto scars now, one on my thumb, and one in my palm. Anthony Bourdain once said that half the pain that comes from cutting one's self is the realization of, "I'm a moron." Also in that vein, I once got super-glue in my mouth. NOT good.

• 7 months later...

Just cut the heck out of my finger the other day with the exacto knife. I was only 4 feet from the kitchen sink, but it must have hit an artery because the kitchen was covered in blood in the time it took me to quickly rush to the sink. It was all over the sink, the floor, the counter-top, but missed my glass of water and all of my figures that were on the counter by just a few inches. I had to squeeze the dang thing for about an hour before it would stop long enough to wrap it!

And yes, the worst part was that "dang, that was so freaking stupid!" realization. It's amazing how feeling like an idiot can be worse than feeling like you're losing a quart of blood through an inch long cut in your finger.lol When it finally stopped and I got a glimpse inside I couldn't believe how deep it was. It's kind of at an angle so it went deeper than it is long yet without going to the bone. really weird. I'm lucky I didn't go back "up" with it and completely remove that section of flesh.

• 2 months later...

So this was more than twenty five years ago:

Grandparents have a farm in Indiana, was there with my GI Joes and didn't have a screwdriver, so I was using a pair of sewing scissors to catch the thigh screw on a shockwave figure.

Was going pretty good, but was over-zealous in trying to tighten the leg all the way and the scissors slipped and went into the web part between the thumb and the index finger. They were so sharp they went straight through my hand and came out the other side into my palm.

The scars don't line up at first, but when I put my hand into the claw position like I had it when I was holding onto the toy it make a perfect entrance and exit wound.

The thing I remember most about getting that wound was how it didn't really hurt, but it felt freezing cold... and since we were on the farm the attitude was put peroxide on it and go do some work.