Legends 2 packs revealed

electro16

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i KNEW they'd stick us with atleast something we already had just to get something we wanted. Damned hulk. Atleast it looks decent. I'm stoked we are getting that warpath, though. Hopefully they'll release an unmasked deadpool with a classic version of warpath, and a blonde black widow with a bucky cap. I'd love to see a lady sif redone from valkyrie, but i'd prefer not to have another hulk to accompany it. Overall I'm loving the fact that hasbro mixed in some characters we didnt have to make up for the fact that people voted for crap we already had.

I agree, I still don't know why people voted for black widow. Who needs another hulk, an ugly *ss one at that. I'm glad that the 2 that i want , deadpool and warpath are in the same set. Only bad part is that they are TRU exclusives, so those of us outside the US will have to hunt them down. I wish the clowns at hasbro would think about all collectors instead of only the US. Way to be self centered hasbro !!!

Its a GREEN Hulk with FISTS, it'll sell :P (bout damn time for one too) and yeah Widow is cause TB screwed her up so badly, Warpath makes sense to go with Deadpool, but i wonder, X- Warpath but no Wolvy? they probably have some idea where tey can put him also i bet, as for Winter Soldier, thats a choice that came completely out of nowhere, no mocks up of him were ever shown, still neat choice.

I agree, I still don't know why people voted for black widow. Who needs another hulk, an ugly *ss one at that. I'm glad that the 2 that i want , deadpool and warpath are in the same set. Only bad part is that they are TRU exclusives, so those of us outside the US will have to hunt them down. I wish the clowns at hasbro would think about all collectors instead of only the US. Way to be self centered hasbro !!!

Cry yourself a river.

People voted for Black Widow because she's a popular female character whose Toy Biz version looked like a strung out heroin addict. One of the worst figures Toy Biz ever made.

Deadpool you want yourself, so you really don't have any room to complain about people "voting for things we already had."

Valkyrie we didn't already have, so that's a wash.

The rest of the characters are Hasbro picks, so the voters didn't really have any control over that.

l agree. The reason ppl wanted a new black widow since the previous one was awful, the custom (the actual figure hasbro is making looks a lot better imo; a potentional BC custom) shown for the polls was appealing, and BW is going to be in the new IM movie. The same thing goes for Deadpool even if , say, the Toybiz version was easy to find.

There are always goin to be somebody upset with the results of the polll. The polls are done not just for those wants characters that aren't made yet but also those who's previous figs sucked ass or where hard to find.

I, too, have every single Marvel Legend, Mr. Big Stuff, and I am going to complain about the repeat figures. I have an awesome deadpool, hulk, and Black Widow already. I do not want another one. Would you rather have a GOOD version of Black Widow rather than a new character such as Dazzler, Polaris, Odin, Exodus, or any other more popular character (those are my top four). Hasbro has brought disappointment after disappointment. It especially annoys me when they make crappy MU figures of characters that ML fans were begging for(Firestar, Jim Lee Jean Grey, Modern Havok). It is a slap in the face. Thanks for voting for the repeat figures, everyone.*starts crying hysterically*

I havn't bought every single ML(never had the chance) but i did start with TB so i have a few, all things considered though i'd take some redos of existing characters*cough* Emma *cough* over new ones, Deadpool needed a modern version, Widow needed a GOOD version, Hulk needed fists etc etc, sheesh, you're getting 3 redone characters/3 new out of the two packs(well unless you count Winter Soldier as Bucky) stop yer complaining.

As for the customize your own, the same could be said for new characters you might want, go out there and kitbash up some good ones instead of complaining about redos that were VOTED for by collectors.....

guys dont fight. thats what hasbro wants. so they can go and tell that the support wasnt there. everyone has a point here. black widow is way better then what toybiz did. the only girl toybiz did good for my point was rogue and kitty. all the others pass. black widow is now perfect. i mean for once they change black widow, deadpool instead of a spiderman, wolverine and so on. yes i am upset that she took the spot for a new character. just think it a little bit over, if we havent voted for her, she would have been chosen by hasbro just because she is in the new iron man movie. if there is just one to blame then it is hasbro. they should just release them all from that contest and done. the response was realy great on them all. better then anything they ever brought out. i am ok with the 2packs. winter soldier? hello? thats what i wanna see guys. saw the pic of him and wow. hasbro should wake up and do more. not just one wave a year.

You have to be kidding me, the best thing Hasbro could have done is making them Toysrus exclusives since that's the only way for me to buy them and I live outside the US aswell.

I, too, have every single Marvel Legend, Mr. Big Stuff, and I am going to complain about the repeat figures. I have an awesome deadpool, hulk, and Black Widow already. I do not want another one. Would you rather have a GOOD version of Black Widow rather than a new character such as Dazzler, Polaris, Odin, Exodus, or any other more popular character (those are my top four). Hasbro has brought disappointment after disappointment. It especially annoys me when they make crappy MU figures of characters that ML fans were begging for(Firestar, Jim Lee Jean Grey, Modern Havok). It is a slap in the face. Thanks for voting for the repeat figures, everyone.*starts crying hysterically*

Dazzler, Polaris, Odin, and Exodus weren't in the poll, so your argument is irrelevant. But hey, we already have a Havok and a Jean Grey/Phoenix, so I guess you want some "repeat characters" too.

I'd be curious as to where you got your "awesome" Black Widow though, because the Toy Biz version is complete ass. Undoubtedly their worst female figure besides the hideous Scarlet Witch.

Couldn't agree with you more. They finally show us some ML news and people have the nerve to complain. Hey, here's a thought don't like the figure, don't buy it or sell the one with you don't want or customize it into some other character. If you don't want repeats collect MU figs oh wait those are getting repeats too.

Dazzler, Polaris, Odin, and Exodus weren't in the poll, so your argument is irrelevant. But hey, we already have a Havok and a Jean Grey/Phoenix, so I guess you want some "repeat characters" too.

I'd be curious as to where you got your "awesome" Black Widow though, because the Toy Biz version is complete ass. Undoubtedly their worst female figure besides the hideous Scarlet Witch.

Couldn't agree with you more. They finally show us some ML news and people have the nerve to complain. Hey, here's a thought don't like the figure, don't buy it or sell the one with you don't want or customize it into some other character. If you don't want repeats collect MU figs oh wait those are getting repeats too.

lol that was awesome. Im just glad the line is not dead yet i really do not want to collect DCU i just dont like them the army builders have kept me busy but i want new figs and glad we are getting more I just wonder how are the VARIANTS going to look like or will we even get any.

Brother Voodoo, the Hood, modern Luke Cage, Bucky Cap, and a redo of the Scarlet Witch are what I root for. I think some Madrox the Multiple Man, Stepford Cuckoos, Madam Masque, Drax, Constrictor, and the Wrecking Crew would be nice too.

Hell yea, I would be down for all/any of those characters. I appreciate all the remakes that Hasbro has done. Most of them have been better then the originals we saw from early Toybiz. With the product being produced for Marvel Legends at this time, remakes take up valuable spots for newer characters for us to get before Hasbro actually calls it quits on this line. While a few characters need remakes, it saddens me that the only new legends products we will receive this year will be 6 figures, 3 of which have already been made in one form or another instead of 6 all new characters to add to our collections. That is what people need to consider before the next time they cast a vote for a character to be remade.

Arright kiddies - listen up and ol' Mr. G will explain this whole thing from a business standpoint, hopefully settling a few of these arguments.

Hasbro, much like ToyBiz, needs to keep certain characters in each line they launch to guarantee some sales - such as Wolverine, Iron Man, Spider-Man, etc. These characters are familiar to everyone and will probably sell over anything else that is in the line. Marvel Legends are geared to a wider audience than just collectors and the like.

They sell (or used to) in all major retailers - in the TOY section - hoping to draw in mothers and just everyday toy buyers for children as well as the collectors, but you can't base a toy line on collectors alone or you risk not selling through a good portion of your stock. Sometimes retailers demand that certain A-listers are included in lines to ensure sales of at least some of the stock.

Anyhow - the point is - THAT is why you have repeat characters most of the time. It's got little to do with customer/collector demand. It's all business, and Hasbro is a business like any other. The bottom line is the all-mighty greenback. And regardless of what you might think (or argue), a great deal of money comes in on these items from non-collectors. As for Black Widow - she's going to be in Iron Man 2 - and people are going to want a figure of her. Yeah, ToyBiz did one back in the day - but is that accessible to mass markets now? No. So, they've got to put another out there for those new fans. Same with Deadpool. You think Hasbro thought for a second that that figure wouldn't sell a ton?! That one's a guaranteed platinum hit. And Hulk will always sell figures as long as he's big, green, and angry looking. It's business. And the plus side of this business is that Hasbro has stuck in some new characters with these sure-fire sellers.

You should all be thankful that at least 1 character in every 2-pack is something we've never gotten before. Deadpool & Warpath, Black Widow & Winter Soldier, and Hulk & Valkyrie. Who knows what the 2nd part of the series will bring - what variations we might have to look forward to of these characters. We can also be hopeful that some of the characters that didn't make the cut in this line will make it out in future releases. I was hell-bent on having Constrictor and Brother Voodoo. I realize some people don't like these characters and some of the ones that've been chosen for this release as well - SO DON'T BUY THEM. It's really pretty simple. You wanted new characters and you're getting new characters. Warpath? Valkyrie? WINTER SOLDIER?! C'mon - we didn't even see a prototype of him! That's an awesome step for Hasbro - they actually surprised us with something new - absolutely new.

Until any of you run a business and can learn to be successful in it (and like it or not, Hasbro has and is), then you really have little room for complaints. Not every buyer out there is a comic reader, unfortunately and only collectors are going to buy single-pack characters of obscure characters that don't appeal to the mass audience of mindless shoppers out there looking for a quick toy to shut their kid up. And those shoppers aren't going to pay $25 for a 2-pack with one really obscure character and one B-list character (as far as marketability and popularity are concerned).

Be happy with what we're getting or just don't purchase them. Your internet whining sounds childish and really doesn't do anything to change the facts. Don't like the characters that are out? Customize your own. Can't customize? Support those that do. Or just wait and hope for your character to make it into a line-up.

In conclusion - Hasbro is a corporation. A business. A moneymaker. They don't need to cater to a small audience of collectors to make money, but they throw us a bone from time to time, thankfully.

Well, I for one am happy just to know what the other three figs they are packing with the voted for ones are. I really don't need/have room for some of these repeats, but I am getting some new MLs. I'm surprised Hasbro is giving us a Hulk, especially one that's a pretty good scale - that's a lot of plastic for them. And even though he's a repaint of the Red Hulk BAF, now we have two equal scale figures of those two characters. Someone mentioned a variant fig for Valkyrie - Sif - now that really interests me.

Pretty lame when people whine about the fact that a previous version of a toy didn't look good to them. I hate the fact those babies voted to have something redone instead of getting u s anew figure. Way to shaft those of us who have been dedicated to the line since the beginning. If a figure was soooo bad with the sculpt why not just customize one yourself or commssion one? Customizing isn't so hard once you put a little bit of effort into it. At this point they might as well just redo EVERY character from the original ML line, just in case someone didn't get long enough finger nails with their Lady Deathstrike, or a pretty hair do on their Sentry figure. What a crock of sh__ to justiy redos of existing characters. Now I will go have some coffee, so I don't post so bitter again!

I've bought every single figure in the Marvel Legends line that Toy Biz made (and most that Hasbro made), so sorry, you don't get to act like "those of us that have been dedicated to the line since the beginning" are some different class of people that all want the same things. I've been buying them since they first popped up on shelves, and there are probably a good dozen figures I'd like to see better versions of, or costume variations of existing characters I'd prefer over some of the "new characters" that were offered in that poll. We're also not talking about inconsequential cosmetic details, either...the Toy Biz Black Widow was crap from the ground up, not just a "bad headsculpt."

But yes, I'd rather have a GOOD version of Black Widow than ANY version of Brother Voodoo or Bi-Beast or even the Hood. I don't give a hoot about those characters and likely never will, so I don't care about having them in my collection at all.

And you can take your "customize it yourself" argument and shove it. Not everyone has the time, patience, talent, or MONEY to be a prolific customizer (gotta shell out to buy those paints, parts, tools, etc...), much less producing figures that are worth keeping. But hey, if you want me to make action figures for you, I'll be happy to charge you $50 for every simple headswap and crappy-paintjob figure I could come up with.

Face it...you ended up being the minority. Life is hard.

<Long winded bunch of crap snipped to spare everyone's intelligence.>

Sorry you can't handle the fact that there are in fact people "Dedicated to this line since the beginning" that aren't clones of you. Your definition of "Dedication" (only wanting new characters) doesn't show up in the dictionary, I'm afraid.

The only thing people need to "keep in mind when another poll comes up" is WHAT THEY WANT. Not what YOU want or what anyone else wants. For the record, I voted for Black Widow, Valkyrie, and Modern Havok (because I can't stand that classic Havok costume despite him being among my favorite characters).

Whoever you voted for, you apparently lost. Now you try to pretend you're some sort of "superior fan" and act like ALL customizing is as simple as "boil and pop." Which is bullshit (and an insult to truly gifted customizers). But I don't really need your "help" for anything thanks. I got two out of the three figures I wanted, two Hasbro picks that I'll enjoy a great deal (Particularly Winter Soldier), and a third poll-winner that I won't mind having a "modern" version of.

Meanwhile, sounds like all you got is a batch of sour grapes.

Awww poor little guy sounds soo bitter. Not get what you wanted for Valentine's Day? You really do sound like you need my help. Remember these are toys, you shouldn't be so bitter about them. Customizing is really what ever you want to make out of it. It can be fun to make your own versions of characters or make new ones. the more you practice, just like anything, usually the better you get at it. You don't have to be truly gifted to do a boil n pop, for painting you need lots of patience. The truly impressive ones are the people that can take all kind of scraps and make something awesome out of them. I also got 2 of the figures I voted for so big whoopie. I will enjoy trading the Deadpool away and love the new Hulk for customizing that will be released. Black Widow, maybe I will turn her into someone else, not sure yet. All I have heard from you so far are insults and whining. In fact you whine like a 2 year old girl, trying to come off all tough and angry on the internet of all places. Yes you keep trying to flame me to no avail. No where do I have an elitist point of view on ANY figures or on my customizing or hobby of collecting. YOU pointed out how you have been collecting since the beginning. Who cares? I could care less how big or small your collection is. Do you care how big my collection is, because you shouldn't. MY OPINION is that re-dos are a waste. Deal with it. i am not gonna say sorry for the fact that you can't get over that other people see things differently then YOU do. So get the F*CK over yourself, you are not the toy fan choice poll police. Just like in politics, voting can get the rest of us stuck with a crappy candidate.

Ok,Don't take this as such a bad comment,But please,Stop being such a tool. Some people just can't customize. They just can't. A number of reasons are involved. Please don't try and push the option on anybody.Your just rabbling on about BS.

Black Widow looks amazing. I cannot wait to get her.

soooooo i can't read through all the whining and complaining anymore. These figures will RULE! Hulk & Black Widow look the best! That Deadpool is so awesome too! People act like re-making figures that have already been made has never been done before. I am just happy they made more 6 inch figs! Maaaannnn that Hulk is so awesome! I love that we get a BAF in a 2 pack (same sculpt as Red Hulk). Valkyrie is nice; just wish they gave her knees. Warpath rules; i love the Hulkling sculpt. Hope they make a cap variant of Winter Soldier!

Pretty lame when people whine about the fact that a previous version of a toy didn't look good to them. I hate the fact those babies voted to have something redone instead of getting u s anew figure. Way to shaft those of us who have been dedicated to the line since the beginning. If a figure was soooo bad with the sculpt why not just customize one yourself or commssion one? Customizing isn't so hard once you put a little bit of effort into it. At this point they might as well just redo EVERY character from the original ML line, just in case someone didn't get long enough finger nails with their Lady Deathstrike, or a pretty hair do on their Sentry figure. What a crock of sh__ to justiy redos of existing characters. Now I will go have some coffee, so I don't post so bitter again!

I've bought every single figure in the Marvel Legends line that Toy Biz made (and most that Hasbro made), so sorry, you don't get to act like "those of us that have been dedicated to the line since the beginning" are some different class of people that all want the same things. I've been buying them since they first popped up on shelves, and there are probably a good dozen figures I'd like to see better versions of, or costume variations of existing characters I'd prefer over some of the "new characters" that were offered in that poll. We're also not talking about inconsequential cosmetic details, either...the Toy Biz Black Widow was crap from the ground up, not just a "bad headsculpt."

But yes, I'd rather have a GOOD version of Black Widow than ANY version of Brother Voodoo or Bi-Beast or even the Hood. I don't give a hoot about those characters and likely never will, so I don't care about having them in my collection at all.

And you can take your "customize it yourself" argument and shove it. Not everyone has the time, patience, talent, or MONEY to be a prolific customizer (gotta shell out to buy those paints, parts, tools, etc...), much less producing figures that are worth keeping. But hey, if you want me to make action figures for you, I'll be happy to charge you $50 for every simple headswap and crappy-paintjob figure I could come up with.

Face it...you ended up being the minority. Life is hard.

<Long winded bunch of crap snipped to spare everyone's intelligence.>

Sorry you can't handle the fact that there are in fact people "Dedicated to this line since the beginning" that aren't clones of you. Your definition of "Dedication" (only wanting new characters) doesn't show up in the dictionary, I'm afraid.

The only thing people need to "keep in mind when another poll comes up" is WHAT THEY WANT. Not what YOU want or what anyone else wants. For the record, I voted for Black Widow, Valkyrie, and Modern Havok (because I can't stand that classic Havok costume despite him being among my favorite characters).

Whoever you voted for, you apparently lost. Now you try to pretend you're some sort of "superior fan" and act like ALL customizing is as simple as "boil and pop." Which is bullshit (and an insult to truly gifted customizers). But I don't really need your "help" for anything thanks. I got two out of the three figures I wanted, two Hasbro picks that I'll enjoy a great deal (Particularly Winter Soldier), and a third poll-winner that I won't mind having a "modern" version of.

Meanwhile, sounds like all you got is a batch of sour grapes.

Awww poor little guy sounds soo bitter. Not get what you wanted for Valentine's Day? You really do sound like you need my help. Remember these are toys, you shouldn't be so bitter about them. Customizing is really what ever you want to make out of it. It can be fun to make your own versions of characters or make new ones. the more you practice, just like anything, usually the better you get at it. You don't have to be truly gifted to do a boil n pop, for painting you need lots of patience. The truly impressive ones are the people that can take all kind of scraps and make something awesome out of them. I also got 2 of the figures I voted for so big whoopie. I will enjoy trading the Deadpool away and love the new Hulk for customizing that will be released. Black Widow, maybe I will turn her into someone else, not sure yet. All I have heard from you so far are insults and whining. In fact you whine like a 2 year old girl, trying to come off all tough and angry on the internet of all places. Yes you keep trying to flame me to no avail. No where do I have an elitist point of view on ANY figures or on my customizing or hobby of collecting. YOU pointed out how you have been collecting since the beginning. Who cares? I could care less how big or small your collection is. Do you care how big my collection is, because you shouldn't. MY OPINION is that re-dos are a waste. Deal with it. i am not gonna say sorry for the fact that you can't get over that other people see things differently then YOU do. So get the F*CK over yourself, you are not the toy fan choice poll police. Just like in politics, voting can get the rest of us stuck with a crappy candidate.

Do you even read what you're posting? honestly, if anyone here is whining and groaning its obviously you.

As for the figures, i have a feeling they plan to use Widow for Black Cat, they did mention the Spidey line would have new figures in the fall so its fairly easy to figure she may be one since they have a good body to use.

If the 2 packs get a wave 2 more then likely we'll get X-Men colored Deadpool and red/blue Warpath, probably gray Hulk(i don't see em using Red Hulk in the two pack since he was the VAF version of the mold) Valk get repaint as who though? Sif? As for Widow and Soldier probably another take on Widow and more mean/commie long haired Soldier.