Dragon Man

ronnieramone

Okay, so I just got my Dragon Man figure in the mail today from Hong Kong for $45, including shipping. It is not a scam, and I was waiting to post this in the event that it was and I would inadvertently cause someone to lose money.

It's not a trick.

look up eBay item number: 360237179934

They have 6 left as of this writing. Dragon Man may be perhaps the rarest and most expensive Marvel figure ever. It was from the Fantastic Four classic series 2, and typically sells for over $200, if you can find it at all. The greatest part about him is that he was way too small for the Legends scale, but perfect for Marvel Universe 3.75-4 inch scale.

Here's the catch, though: he comes loose with no wings. But don't worry! Annihilus BAF wings pop right in Dragon Man's back as if they were made for him! Aside from the color, they actually look better than the original wings! Paint them grey and you're good to go.

Sculpting this figure yourself, unless you are a true master of the craft, would be nearly impossible. The detail is absolutely incredible. You have to see it to believe it.

If you were fortunate enough to pick this beauty up back when it was hitting stores, please disregard this thread. Otherwise, I would strongly suggest you look up this particular auction and at least consider picking one up before they are gone. It may be the best opportunity you will ever have to own this stunning, articulated sculpture.

It's too dark right now to take decent photos, but I'll upload some pics tomorrow in this thread, so you can see how well the Annihilus BAF wings work. For the rarity, the unlikeliness of him ever being re-released, and the astounding quality of the sculpt, I have to say it was well worth the money. It took about 3 weeks to get here, which is relatively fast from Hong Kong.

I know some are gonna want to get on you for even suggesting that someone ought to spend that kind of cash on a figure, but I appreciate your excitement. Fans excitedly sharing news like this to each other is why I started visiting forums like this one. Thanks for sharing- I'm sure this info will be helpful to an interested collector.

I know some are gonna want to get on you for even suggesting that someone ought to spend that kind of cash on a figure, but I appreciate your excitement. Fans excitedly sharing news like this to each other is why I started visiting forums like this one. Thanks for sharing- I'm sure this info will be helpful to an interested collector.

What's weird is that this was moved from the 3.75 section... Dragon Man in the 6 inch Legends scale isn't even the right size! He's supposed to be over 15 feet tall, so he really fits better with the MU figures than the Legends figures. I guess the moderators of the 3.75 section don't feel the same way.

If no one cares though, I might as well NOT post the pics.

I just figured someone might be interested in this.

What do you guys think, is it worth it? I want one but not for $200.00.

I dont know its a good base then you have to go threw the trouble of finging wings and custom them i did pay a lot for my dragon man i paid 150 but it was worth it for me im looking for an other one but sence i have one i can wait and see my best shot at one so go for it if you want

BAF Annihilus' wings fit perfectly, as though they were made for him. They pop right into the holes on Dragon Man's back, same size. You just have to paint them grey. The only sculpting detail that's even different is the texture/veins are a little more pronounced on the original Dragon Man wings. The Annihilus wings still have texture, though. The position of the wings is also different. Annihilus has his wings stretched out, as if flying. Dragon Man's wings are folded down somewhat, a little closer to his body. It's a pretty subtle difference, really. I actually prefer the BAF's slightly more outstretched wings, myself.

Yes, it is an incomplete figure, but if you want to save yourself two hundred bucks...