The future for Marvel Legends

TrevSter881

Hey everyone!

I was just wondering what you guys think the future will hold for Marvel Legends. With the announcement of the new two packs it looks like they aren't dead for good yet. Do you guys think that Marvel Legends will continue on after these two packs or do you think this is it? I mean we really are not getting many new 6 inch Marvel figures this year it appears. What do you guys think is going to happen to the line?

Today on Ebay I did a plain search for Marvel Legends and there were almost 10,000 listings. While Marvel Universe only had 3,000. I also noticed that it seems the price overall on Ebay for Marvel Legends loose figures appears to be going down and a lot of people seem to be selling their collections and moving on.

Now I know you guys are like me and don't collect to make money or to sell your figures but do you guys think that the value of Marvel Legends will increase? MOC collections value seem to have steadily increased every year, but do you guys think they will continue to increase in value, or steadily decline as the 3.3/4 inch figures take over? Do you think that the Marvel Legends loose figures will continue to decline in value?

Any predictions?

Let's discuss!

I don't think there are as many MU listing because A) there are more ML figs and B) MUs are less "collectible" (mostly because they re-release figs) than ML and therefore sellers can't make as much on them and C) they are still too new to have gone up in value.

As for what is next with ML, I'm thinking if the 2 packs sell well, then we will get more 2 packs.

MLs will likely continue to increase in value. In part because of inflation, time, etc and in part because less are being made.

First off MU will not be worth much as far as serious collectors go. They are not as good looking as Marvel Legends, and five to ten years down the line they will still look good as far as action figures go. Selects are also getting a little better looking, but not as much articulation. any way ML still look awsome in my display. as far as worth, my statue collection is worth ten time as much.

First off MU will not be worth much as far as serious collectors go. They are not as good looking as Marvel Legends, and five to ten years down the line they will still look good as far as action figures go. Selects are also getting a little better looking, but not as much articulation. any way ML still look awsome in my display. as far as worth, my statue collection is worth ten time as much.

Statues also cost 10x as much when released. And before you say MU don't look that good, take a look at the new MU Extremis Iron Man, Luke Cage, and Thor. These are brilliant figures.

Statues also cost 10x as much when released. And before you say MU don't look that good, take a look at the new MU Extremis Iron Man, Luke Cage, and Thor. These are brilliant figures.

yeah thats true about the statues, but in the long run they will be worth more. I dont like the Faces on MU Im not impressed, and they dont disply as Nice as Mid or larger figures. Im not hating, I buy some because they are toys and my 6 year old son plays with toys.

yeah thats true about the statues, but in the long run they will be worth more. I dont like the Faces on MU Im not impressed, and they dont disply as Nice as Mid or larger figures. Im not hating, I buy some because they are toys and my 6 year old son plays with toys.

thats what i think too. the faces are realy bad. specialy thor. he looks like tarantino. i buy some too. the latest war machine is great but have you seen the legs on this extremis iron man? i am so affraid to move them because i have a feeling that they come off.

i dont know what the future holds because hasbro clearly doesnt wanna do 6 insh figs. they prefer crappy non articulated stuff then great 6insh figures. the next 2-packs are amazing but mostly redoos. been there done that figs. i am not complaining because this black widow, deadpool, hulk figures look realy good but i would be more happy with a bagspidey then those redoos.

They've already put a lot of work in to several 6 inchers that they might as well release them too

If you are talking about the ones shown at SDCC, it was explained that most of those were inhouse one of a kind customs. That's why the ones they are releasing this year in the 2 packs look different.

True, however, they could still frankenstien parts together like with those customs and still make some characters people havn't got yet which would in turn make more people happy.

i think we'll be extremely lucky to see more legends after these 2 packs. had the last ones not been army builders they wouldnt have sold so well. To get anywhere near the sales they got (from collectors anyways) they will have to offer some sort of variant for each pack. They probably won't, though. and then shut the line down for lack of interest/sales.

what bothers me the most is how Hasbro treats ML, not the MU.

That is good for business. But business should also say that if the fan want it, then supply it!

But why do they make figures for MU that they do not make for ML???

Especially when the fans claim great interest in them.

The Enchantress, Pile Driver, Thunderball, Bull Dozer, a decent Ultron, and Maverick, all for the 4" inch scale and not one for ML!!!

And the killer otme is the new Crimson Dynamo. He looks NICE!!!

But they want to release a set of ^-inch IM 2 figs that are all re-hashes. SMH!!!!!!

who needs realy new figs as long as we get new hulks, ironmans, spidermans? damn i can even fit green goblin to it. he was in every spiderman wave from hasbro. :tongue: i always hoped that hasbro would give themself a push after the success of the dcuc. just seeing what kind of characters are coming with this line, i am amazed by the dcuc. even the z-listers look good. there are even figs dc fans dont even know for crying out loud and yet they look good.

who needs realy new figs as long as we get new hulks, ironmans, spidermans? damn i can even fit green goblin to it. he was in every spiderman wave from hasbro. :tongue: i always hoped that hasbro would give themself a push after the success of the dcuc. just seeing what kind of characters are coming with this line, i am amazed by the dcuc. even the z-listers look good. there are even figs dc fans dont even know for crying out loud and yet they look good.

Im with you on that if they were to make a line with figs noone knows of or would not even think of making i bet they would sell out collectors would like them and kids just because its a new toy and diffrent would want it. make it with a nice BAF and bam instant sell out. i would throw money at it the price dont bother me anymore as long as i get new figs. i still have not crossed the line to dcuc i dont read dc comics and looking at the figs im like eh but they do have lots of figs.