The Disney press conference

Skywaarp

So I was reading that new article on the front page. It was a few hours ago, but I think the gist was that Disney wants to expand their marvel lines on a whole. So Hasbro should have more money to play with.

I don't know what this might add to the 3&3/4 line other than maybe vehicles or playsets....boxsets. However the line with the greatest room for growth is ML and I think Disney might put the lean on Hasbro to create a full 6 inch line again, waves and all of that, rather than just two packs. Perhaps a year from now this could begin, or maybe even less time considering they have about thirty-forty prototypes ready to go. What do you think?

what a low point for every collector. we even have to put our hopes into disney for crying out loud. the guys that work at hasbro marvel devision realy must wear pinocchio nose's at sdcc. with all the lying and fake promisings they do about marvel legends stuff. it is amazing. i made fun a year ago that we wont see any legends before end 2011 and look where we stand??? still nothing on the horizon. please donald duck help us. where is the mickey mouse club when you need them. isnt there a brave prince who would fight for the 6insh people of desperate haven? fight the jesse dragon please.

Yeah, Marvel Legends had some awesome figures but these 6" Iron Man repaints leave a lot to be desired. Hoping the Deadpool & McGuiness Hulk figures deliver.

The new 6 inch Iron Man figs aren't repaints. Except for the Toys R Us ones. The actual Iron Man 2 figs (Mark V, VI and War Machine) are all new scultps. If not new then retooled. They look way better than the first movie ones. Your 4 inch Iron Man 2 repaints leave about 2 inches to be desired. (i know not all of them are repaints but the line is made up primarily of repainted mark 3, 4, 5 & 6 figures...among other comic versions)

Why do the Marvel Universe collectors always come to our side of the fence claiming they have the best collection?? The funny thing is you go to their forums and is like every other they have a lot of whining about X figure not getting released or not having X outfit. Hasbro was doing great things with the 4" Iron Man, hell I even got some of them but now they're just repaints of the same figures and bad repaints at that. Of course Hasbro is going to prefer the 4" that's their specialty GI Joe and Star Wars is evidence of that. Plus that scale means less plastic and more earnings for them. Take for example the upcoming Iron Patriot they took the Extremis IM figure repaint it and then turn around and sell them earning money, plus they took the wrong mold if you ask me the Iron Patriot armor looks more like the movie armor than the Extremis. For me I prefer the 6 inch they offer better quality and detail for example the movie War Machine looks great in 4" but the 6" looks way better, more detailed. And for the record it wasn't Hasbro lack of quality that killed the ML line people were still buying them and people were willing to buy them it's the fact that we're in the half of the year and we only have three 2 packs to look forward to and we're getting them almost at year's end. Don't get me wrong I want those figures but some other ones now would have been good. But hasbro was too busy preparing a 4" Ghost Rider without a bike, a Woverine repaint in a Team X outfit and not to mention a Multiple Man with an outfit no one recognizes and everyone complains about. Yeah real great line you're having over there in the MU.

belmont13, the first insult was thrown my way, actually. I didn't come here to debate. When my line got dissed, I defended the collection as a good one. Relax.

Hasbro was doing great things with the 4" Iron Man, hell I even got some of them but now they're just repaints of the same figures and bad repaints at that.

Huh? The most reason wave I just bought was:

- Titanium Man - All new. GREAT figure.

- Guardsman - All new. Pretty good likeness (of, IMO, an undeserving character).

- Hulkbuster Iron Man - All new mold, new figure. Great design, just a bit too tiny.

- 1990's Iron Man - Whole new chest/head, new shoulder pad-type articulation.

- "Horn Face" Iron Man - Best face and coloring of any "horn face" that has been released. True, rest is retooled.

If you mean the 100's of Iron Man Mark 1/2/3/4/5/whatever movie versions that are cluttering the pegs...can't argue. I skipped them all and stayed with the comic versions.

Comic War Machine is just a perfect, flawless figure. Crimson Dynamo rocks. "1st Appearance" Iron Man is pretty decent.

I also see your complaints about some of the upcoming figures and agree, re: Team X Wolverine, Iron Patriot, and Multiple Man. BUT, there are so many figures being released (nearly 160 so far) and so quickly that we can look past it, really. The Archangel that was just released blows any Archangel toy ever made away. Same with Colossus. It seems for every 3-4 "amazing" MU figures, we do get 1 stinker and 1 "coulda been better" version...

Marvel Legends series 5 Colossus is one of the best figures ever made. Just like 6 inch Iron Man Mark VI is one of the best Iron Man action figures ever made. With that I draw this thread back to what it's actually about. 6 inch action figures.

Longshot; it's totally ok to like 4 inch figures. You just don't have (m)any friends that agree with you here.

Hey, Longshot I don't want to debate either, I didn't want to target you specifically it's just that people in the past has gotten to me with the whole MU is better argument. I too got the Iron Man comic wave and I'm loving it. Anyway let's get back on topic here. We need more Marvel legends specially when Mattel gets something like 4 waves out a year.

Solution: Everyone stop buying 4-inch and/or melt-down every 4-inch toy you see.

I'm good. I just started collectin MU & I'm liking the line. I'd prefer to have the 6" figures, but they take up too much room & I'm not paying $50 for a Thor or Cap. Also, if they decided to restart doing characters you'd guys would #$#@# "But there's already a good Cable, there's already 10 good Wolverines".

So, MU it is. The only problem I have with the line is the re-use of bodies & the crappy human face sculpts.

I wouldn't be pissed if they "started over!" I sold all my Marvel Legends before I got married so I would love to start fresh! Sure we would get lots of already made figures but the opportunity for new characters is there. We would get lots more wolverine, spider-man & ironman figures regardless (whether or not the line ever ended)!