What do you guys think about the Marvel Legends 2 packs

TrevSter881

I have to ask this question for you guys that keep complaining about the lack of ML stuff, where are you guys when it comes time to actually buy these things. Every TRU I go to is loaded with the last batch of ML 2-packs that never seem to sell and just sit there collecting dust. The ML's that got released before that ended up at discount chains like Ross stores sold on clearance. Even before Hasbro took over, those last few TB waves took forever to clear out.

You guys want to blame everyone from the manufacturers to the retailers for the state of this line, and you try and find as many venues as you can to complain about it, but when its time to actually put your money up, the evidence really does show a lack of interest in these things.

I hear things like it cost me as much to buy a MU figure as it used to buy a ML figure, course to buy a ML now days it cost twice as much as it used to. Its like saying I used to buy a comic book for .25 even though now its like a couple dollars.

Some of you try and blame MU for there being no ML which is ridiculous. The one has no baring on the other and yet some of you will try and find any and every reason to cast blame on the state of this line except the one that is most glaring. When it comes down to is maybe there just isn't nearly as much interest in these figures anymore as you seem to think???

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ML are on the shelfs because we all have 6 of each. how many shield agents and skrulls do we need? I cant buy any more spidermans,wolverines and iron men. ML has cused all its fans to flee due to poor products. hasbro does not care about collectors. the want moms to buy a spiderman or ironman after each movie. when they cut off MU to make more movie toys and crap you will know where we are coming from.

well who is to blame??? thats a good one. maybe hasbro or walmart doesnt make a buck because these figs go on clearence a month after they come out. everyone knows that. they dont even wait a year or two before they clearence them out. sorry but as a costumer or a human beeing i want the lowest price i can get. thats nature. hasbro doesnt deliver worldwide and thats why i pick my figs carefully. when i found them everywhere around here i buyed the 10 spidermans or the ten ironmans but now with shipping and every thing, forget it. every figure is exclusive from hasbro, every figure. on ebay it is considered a rare item all the time. i just need the ones who havent come out yet. i cannot afford all the ironmans or spiderman. sorry but if people have to wait 2 damn years to get any news on a line then the interest is very fast gone for some fans. hardcore fans stay forever but you loose the interest of the simple dude. then there is this toying around from hasbro, yes we work on it, we work on it, we work on it. when marvel legends gets relaunched it must be the best there was in the history of the world i tell ya. 2-3 years working on a project. then all i see from hasbro are repaints of figures. repaints repaints repaints. no new weapons or something no. just repaints. if the figures would even look better as the first release no, they look worse. nothing special just like simple plastic figs. toybiz did a good paintjob on the figs and that counted a lot. believe me. toybiz came up with b-list characters and hasbro barely knows what that is. (but for universe it seems to work) i dont believe that the universe line has something to do with anything. fans are more pissed at the universe line because hasbro promised a lot and nothing came along. a lot of long demanded fan favorites were in the universe line allready and yet we have nothing. we saw great figs but yet nothing. everyone was so happy to see what they had on sdcc for the voting. a lot of people wanted them all. including me. crimson dynamo? titanium man? i want them. where are they?? where is that puma they talked about? no, we get black spidermans and green goblins all over and repainted spidey villains who look terrible except demogoblin(who has nothing new on him). wow great job there. i am waiting for the new 2packs because they look great. i have most of them. for me a figure has to look better then the previous one or i am not on board. i dont mind buying black widow again because she looks amazing. all in all they are self to blame for the mess. the fans are not to blame. it works for dc and mattel and those are repainting the heck of the line but the figs always look as new. some complain about them but minor complaints. not as big as what marvel and hasbro does. the hasbro q&a's even seem that they are mocking the fans all around. sorry thats how i feel about it.

well who is to blame??? thats a good one. maybe hasbro or walmart doesnt make a buck because these figs go on clearence a month after they come out. everyone knows that. they dont even wait a year or two before they clearence them out. sorry but as a costumer or a human beeing i want the lowest price i can get. thats nature. hasbro doesnt deliver worldwide and thats why i pick my figs carefully. when i found them everywhere around here i buyed the 10 spidermans or the ten ironmans but now with shipping and every thing, forget it. every figure is exclusive from hasbro, every figure. on ebay it is considered a rare item all the time. i just need the ones who havent come out yet. i cannot afford all the ironmans or spiderman. sorry but if people have to wait 2 damn years to get any news on a line then the interest is very fast gone for some fans. hardcore fans stay forever but you loose the interest of the simple dude. then there is this toying around from hasbro, yes we work on it, we work on it, we work on it. when marvel legends gets relaunched it must be the best there was in the history of the world i tell ya. 2-3 years working on a project. then all i see from hasbro are repaints of figures. repaints repaints repaints. no new weapons or something no. just repaints. if the figures would even look better as the first release no, they look worse. nothing special just like simple plastic figs. toybiz did a good paintjob on the figs and that counted a lot. believe me. toybiz came up with b-list characters and hasbro barely knows what that is. (but for universe it seems to work) i dont believe that the universe line has something to do with anything. fans are more pissed at the universe line because hasbro promised a lot and nothing came along. a lot of long demanded fan favorites were in the universe line allready and yet we have nothing. we saw great figs but yet nothing. everyone was so happy to see what they had on sdcc for the voting. a lot of people wanted them all. including me. crimson dynamo? titanium man? i want them. where are they?? where is that puma they talked about? no, we get black spidermans and green goblins all over and repainted spidey villains who look terrible except demogoblin(who has nothing new on him). wow great job there. i am waiting for the new 2packs because they look great. i have most of them. for me a figure has to look better then the previous one or i am not on board. i dont mind buying black widow again because she looks amazing. all in all they are self to blame for the mess. the fans are not to blame. it works for dc and mattel and those are repainting the heck of the line but the figs always look as new. some complain about them but minor complaints. not as big as what marvel and hasbro does. the hasbro q&a's even seem that they are mocking the fans all around. sorry thats how i feel about it.

It's ok shocker let it out let it out i feel your pain. Hasblow sucks why cant they just release figs i know i would buy them up if they well to release them is all im saying but NOOOOOOOOOOO. makes me want to kick them in the balls

I have to ask this question for you guys that keep complaining about the lack of ML stuff, where are you guys when it comes time to actually buy these things. Every TRU I go to is loaded with the last batch of ML 2-packs that never seem to sell and just sit there collecting dust. The ML's that got released before that ended up at discount chains like Ross stores sold on clearance. Even before Hasbro took over, those last few TB waves took forever to clear out.

You guys want to blame everyone from the manufacturers to the retailers for the state of this line, and you try and find as many venues as you can to complain about it, but when its time to actually put your money up, the evidence really does show a lack of interest in these things.

I hear things like it cost me as much to buy a MU figure as it used to buy a ML figure, course to buy a ML now days it cost twice as much as it used to. Its like saying I used to buy a comic book for .25 even though now its like a couple dollars.

Some of you try and blame MU for there being no ML which is ridiculous. The one has no baring on the other and yet some of you will try and find any and every reason to cast blame on the state of this line except the one that is most glaring. When it comes down to is maybe there just isn't nearly as much interest in these figures anymore as you seem to think???

from my experience, the first cases of ML 2 packs that came to my local store flew off the shelves. then hasbro sent another wave of cases...and they sat. hasbro blew it. at some point they should realize that the ml buyers are collectors.

It's ok shocker let it out let it out i feel your pain. Hasblow sucks why cant they just release figs i know i would buy them up if they well to release them is all im saying but NOOOOOOOOOOO. makes me want to kick them in the balls

i know i know it is hard for everone :tongue::tongue:

Well said, Shocker, Well Said I completely agree.

Why do we blame MU figures? Do you really need to even ask that question? This has been talked about for years, and I for one will voice my opinion on the subject whether you like it or not. The Marvel Universe figures are the reason there are no more Marvel Legends figures. Hasbro can make MU figures for 1/10th the production cost and because of this can make way more profit off of these even if they don't sell nearly as many. From a business standpoint this is why they would much rather produce Marvel Universe figures.

Everyone knows that Marvel Universe figures are far inferior to Marvel Legends. They have less articulation, less detail, no bases, no BAFs, and of course don't use nearly as much plastic. I will tell you this, if the Marvel Legends figures never came out, I would have never started collecting action figures again as an adult. Marvel Legends are works of art, Marvel Universe figures are like GI Joes there just simply isn't much to them and they are definitely overpriced. If you collect MU figures and have a different opinion then by all means do your thing, but don't ever try to act like MU figures are even in the same ballpark as Marvel Legends figures. MU figures are quite simply over-priced McDonald's toys.

I buy every 2 pack of Marvel Legends Figures that have been released to support the line. Don't make ignorant accusations.

Why do we blame Hasbro or the toy retailers? The reason why is because they are selling inferior products for inflated prices. People get mad at scalpers all the time so I would imagine you have the intellectual maturity to understand exactly how we feel, instead of coming here and acting like it is a mystery to you.

The one has no bearing on the other - Are you seriously stating that you believe if Hasbro decides they want to make all 3 and 3/4 action figures that it has no relation or bearing on the other toy lines they are producing for the same characters? I don't think this question requires a high level answer. Please don't pretend to be ignorant.

There is no interest in these figures? DUDE, HAVE YOU BEEN ON YOUTUBE? HAVE YOU SEEN THE MARVEL LEGENDS COMMUNITY? Please do a Youtube search for Marvel Legends.

I hope I did my best to answer your questions and gave you insight into why we don't like Marvel Universe figures.

Thank you for asking.

Once a retailer orders MU Hasbo makes their money. So when wal-mart buys a NEW wave of MU Hasbro sells it at a high price, but when hasbro offers wal-mart a deal (sucker them in) for older waves wal-mart buys them to sell to parents and kids. So every body is making money. So the high prices were to sucker retailers to keep buying their product at a steady pace. That is why when you see your local wal-mart restock MU they are old WAVE 1 and 2. Nothing New only Toys R us and very little at that. Hasbro stops spending money on new sculpts and retooling. Also wal-mart takes the deal because track record on theses MU are so so in the long run they always have to clearence them out. Due to high prices.

You know why they sit there.... because any collector in the know will go online and get their figures before they even appeare on store shelves. we wait for soooo long for a new figure that we will pay crazy prices just to get our hands on something new. some(a lot) hardcore buy them from china on ebay, cutting any local store profit their for over orderd and sit their.

Why do we blame MU figures? Do you really need to even ask that question? This has been talked about for years, and I for one will voice my opinion on the subject whether you like it or not. The Marvel Universe figures are the reason there are no more Marvel Legends figures. Hasbro can make MU figures for 1/10th the production cost and because of this can make way more profit off of these even if they don't sell nearly as many. From a business standpoint this is why they would much rather produce Marvel Universe figures.

Everyone knows that Marvel Universe figures are far inferior to Marvel Legends. They have less articulation, less detail, no bases, no BAFs, and of course don't use nearly as much plastic. I will tell you this, if the Marvel Legends figures never came out, I would have never started collecting action figures again as an adult. Marvel Legends are works of art, Marvel Universe figures are like GI Joes there just simply isn't much to them and they are definitely overpriced. If you collect MU figures and have a different opinion then by all means do your thing, but don't ever try to act like MU figures are even in the same ballpark as Marvel Legends figures. MU figures are quite simply over-priced McDonald's toys.

Wow, sounds like you really hated the MU line..I don't know the situation of the ML line there in the US because i lived in singapore.

Here, I see that the ML double packs aren't doing as well as the MU.. Retail Stores are selling MU figs for around US$15 and Hobby Shops are selling those new ones for US$19.00 and they sell well.

People here still buy the MU figs even though it has less plastic and less details.

I for one have been a fan of Marvel for 8 years now and never liked the ML line but when i saw the MU figs for the first time, i decided to collect them in an instant.

Call them over-priced mcdonalds happy meal toys, but here in singapore it is selling very well.

but i also hope that MU figs are not going to replace the ML line as i might want to collect them too in the future.

MU around here don't really sell. The pegs are full of rows and rows of stuff, tru, walmart, kmart, target, miejirs, they could not give them away lol.

This forum barley clings to life. What's really sad is to see that the "hauls" thread is full of dc, transformers, ben 10 pics with every once a year a pic of some new ml or ml sect stuff.

The 2 packs sell fast when they are new but then mostly sit there after a 4 or so months, i mean you really don't need 4 months to sell only 3 sets. in 2 months everyone who collects ml would be able to get especially when there are only 3 news sets. it's not like before were there was 7-8 plus variants to try to find.

This is obviously a collectors' line. I mean, the last wave of two packs had few fan favorites or recognizable heroes. Kids don't want Nick Fury, Hand Ninjas, Shield Agents, female characters, or aliens. Kids want main characters.

It's obvious this is a collectors' line because the two-packs have been sold in the collectors' isle.

I think the problem is that there aren't enough new figures.

Me, I have bought my entire Marvel Legends collection since early 2009 starting with the Nemesis wave and now I have most of the Toy Biz and Hasbro series. I am still missing a few figures, but I am buying them second hand.

Hasbro gets my money with Star Wars, G.I.Joe, Marvel Universe and Marvel film lines. I wish Hasbro would throw me a bone and give me new Marvel Legends.

I also wish people would respond if they knew answers to questions in this forum.

i just bought the iron man/maria hill 2 pack.

from my local comic shop.

i look at TRU all the time but all they had was the stealth version with sharon carter? meh.

(before that i bought the skrullectra variant though, and i have both F4 packs!)

i still buy ML when i can (money not tight and situation presents itself = brick+mortar)

and i wish to have singles again. two packs are nice but its like you pay way more and get a figure you want, plus one you *kinda* want. i would buy the skrull if not for the kree dude.

i really like ML's AND MU. wish they could co-exsist happily.

Well said, Shocker, Well Said I completely agree.

i completely agree too. Shocker i will march with you on this subject, Marvel legends really needs a voice and you can be it. i just wanted to add that it is also Hasblows fault because of how huge it is. let me explain Hasbro has gi-joe, star wars, transformers, even board games plus countless other childrens toys. i mean have you been on their website? it looks like it can be an international corporation. Hasbro just has way to much to deal with and cant give enough attention to marvel legends :( Remember the toybiz logo? it looked pretty Fun...look at hasbro's and it looks so pompous and bland. toybiz just had marvel and wrestlers and a few other stuff and they made ML's their golden line of toys. hasbro simply has no taste everything they produce has no character and its true MU does look like McDonalds toys and i'd even go as far and say that the star wars and gi-joe stuff isn't too far from crap although i have a deep respect for the franchise existing for the longest time even though i don't like star wars itself. all i'm saying is that MU will never ever be as good as the Legends. it really makes me sick and the scalpers rejoice

Back when ML first started, it wasn't just a collector line. Kids or more specifically parents would buy them for kids as well. What's changed since those days????

1. Figures are much more expensive to make. A figure that cost $7-$8 back then cost like $15-$20 now. Those prices scare away a lot of parents and collectors to boot.

2. All the main characters have been made. Back in the day there were tons of characters that were well known by hardcore collectors/fans as well as more general consumers. Today all that's left is the obscure characters that maybe hardcore fans want, but not the general public, again especially at the higher prices.

3. Recession. This country has been going through one of the worst recessions its seen in a very long time. Peoples cash flows aren't what they used to be. When it comes down to paying your bills or putting food on the table or going out buying toys, which do you think is going to go first?

Yeah ML without a doubt has become nothing but a collector line and that is a big part of the problem because that translates to a very small number of people wanting to buy them. It's Hasbro's or the major retailers fault they don't want to invest time money and energy into a line that won't sell much???? Are you guys really going to sit there and try and argue that a company should do something that will not be profitable because a small group of you want it??? Some of you say things like I hope Toy Biz takes back over.... Um THERE IS NO TOY BIZ anymore.

Some of you say things like they should take a note from Mattel. Well if you want to pay $20+ shipping a figure and have to go through the monthly hassle MOTUC fans have to go through buying stuff on Mattel's site, more power to you, but its not a method I would want to see used. DCUC which are in their prime are figures you can hardly find at retail and again causes a lot of frustration felt from people who collect those figures.

Will affordable nice 6" figures ever return? I don't know but right now the market isn't there for them and as long as that's the case then I don't expect to see some glorious return of ML from Hasbro or any other company. It's not because someone is trying to screw you, its just the reality of today's world. Sorry!

to be honest, I am not so much mad at the state of Marvel Legends but disappointed at the "string along" effect.

There is a want for these figures.

I don't expect Hasbro to cater to me directly but if you KNOW that people bought the Iron Man 1 figures because they want villains and different versions of the armor, then don't make figures for movie #2 with the best stuff only for the 4 -inch line.

Don't tell me you want to show us about 20 different figures at SDCC and then throw out 6 figures per year in 3 sets of 2. That is what annoys me!!

to be honest, I am not so much mad at the state of Marvel Legends but disappointed at the "string along" effect.

There is a want for these figures.

I don't expect Hasbro to cater to me directly but if you KNOW that people bought the Iron Man 1 figures because they want villains and different versions of the armor, then don't make figures for movie #2 with the best stuff only for the 4 -inch line.

Don't tell me you want to show us about 20 different figures at SDCC and then throw out 6 figures per year in 3 sets of 2. That is what annoys me!!

Well I agree to some extent about the string-along, and perhaps they should be more upfront, but on the flip side of that, I think they are trying to get some stuff out to collectors to TRY and make them happy but often times in this business things don't work out or they fall through, or change or get delayed. So whats the alternative? They could NOT SAY anything, but then people get mad because there is no new ML news.

They could say screw it and lets not even try to put ANY ML/6" out at all.

Instead of people saying stuff like, well at least they are trying to get us some stuff, most the comments you see online are things like FU Hasbro, like they aren't getting these things out cause they just decided the wanted to screw with you instead.

The truth is there are those out there who don't care why something does or doesn't happen. All they know is they aren't getting what they want and so they are going to #$#@# about it, hoping if they are loud enough and obnoxious enough someone will give them what they want, and that type of behavior isn't just exclusive to ML or toy collecting. It happens all the time all over the Internet, and there isn't anything I or anyone is going to say to change that unfortunately.

come on dude, a long time has passed and no news. who even says that they are trying anymore. yeah times have changed but hasbro did not, thats the problem. if mattel or marvel select can come up with figs that cost 15 to 20 usd and they still sell out?? what does that mean?? fans are willing to pay the price for a great figure. a realy great figure. a figure they look upon every knight. ms knows it, mattel knows it(motuc,dark knight,ghostbusters) but if the only thing you get are repaints and by all means repainted faces then you reached the low point to me. no one blames hasbro for trying. everyone is happy that they try but lets be honest, with the words of a little green friend of mine: you do, or you do not. there is no try. lol. ok some peolple over react with words sometimes. thats the way it is. the f... and s... words are in everyone culture right now. it is like saying hello to someone. doesnt bother me to be honest. lol. hasbro has to deliver and people will buy, no matter what. complaints will always be but we buy them anyway... sitting around and saying nothing doesnt do anything. we scream at mattel and the listen and try to do it better. most site's dont even care to put up some marvel q&a's because they know that it is pointless. toynewsi included.

come on dude, a long time has passed and no news. who even says that they are trying anymore. yeah times have changed but hasbro did not, thats the problem. if mattel or marvel select can come up with figs that cost 15 to 20 usd and they still sell out?? what does that mean?? fans are willing to pay the price for a great figure. a realy great figure. a figure they look upon every knight. ms knows it, mattel knows it(motuc,dark knight,ghostbusters) but if the only thing you get are repaints and by all means repainted faces then you reached the low point to me. no one blames hasbro for trying. everyone is happy that they try but lets be honest, with the words of a little green friend of mine: you do, or you do not. there is no try. lol. ok some peolple over react with words sometimes. thats the way it is. the f... and s... words are in everyone culture right now. it is like saying hello to someone. doesnt bother me to be honest. lol. hasbro has to deliver and people will buy, no matter what. complaints will always be but we buy them anyway... sitting around and saying nothing doesnt do anything. we scream at mattel and the listen and try to do it better. most site's dont even care to put up some marvel q&a's because they know that it is pointless. toynewsi included.

First I'm sure we will get some kind of update next week at SDCC on whats going on with ML.

Second, Marvel Select is only sold through the specialty market, and consists mostly of reissues of characters that were already made for ML and have less articulation. The MS figures are also sold in much less smaller numbers than a mass retailer line like ML is. That means MS makes alot less money for a company which might work for a smaller company like DST but not so much for a bigger one. So in essence your comparing apples to oranges, they aren't the same thing.

There are plenty of high end high costing Marvel products out there. If money is no object to you I highly recommend the stuff Hot Toys puts out. Talk about attention to detail.

Third, Mattel was unsuccessful getting MOTU out to retail so they opted to try and test the waters with the direct to consumer route which means you get high prices and terrible customer service. You essentially have to now subscribe and buy all the figures to ensure you get the ones you want and you have no real say over what you actually end up getting in the mail. If you get a figure with bad paint apps, oh well. Its a terrible system and my guess is Mattel is only bidding time till a MOTU movie is made so they can then get MOTU back at retail, cause I can tell you right now, I don't beliebe for one second Mattel makes anywhere near the money selling them on their site that they would if those figures were sold at mass retail, and I don't blame Hasbro for choosing not to go that route. And even if they did, you all would still rip them apart and not be happy just like people rip Mattel apart.

Oh and one more point. For those saying look at MS. Say for a second ML was being produced in full force and you had both lines going. How many of you would be out there spending money on both lines??? I'm willing most of you at most would maybe pick and choose a figure here and there that appealed to you an pass on the others.

So now your taking whats already a small demographic and making it even smaller as people pick and choose between the two lines, which basically translates that both companies loose cause they are both competing for the same consumers. The same argument could also be made for DCUC. How many of you would really have the money to buy all the figures in a ML line and a DCUC line at $15-$20 a pop??????????

ML had its run, all the major characters and many of the minor ones were made. DCUC is only been going for a a few years and still has many of the "Major" characters to be put out and even still Mattel struggles to get that line in retail in any large numbers. That's were the markets at and its a tough one.