dont want to sound naive but....

shortysben

Okay, so I missed the marvel legends bus...but am interested in picking up some of these, it seems to me that ebayers just want too much for some of these. The completed auctions suggest that around 60-70% never even sell. So what gives? Why do people charge soo much and rarely sell? Is there a better way to pick up loose Singles of these?

I've built my legends collection through ebay over the past year. You need to look for figures in lots to get the best prices. If a seller is charging $30-$40 dollars for a single figure (usually Hawkeye, Crossbones, Face-off Captain America), it's because he/she is trying to find one person who needs that one figure and will pay the price. Look for people who are getting rid of their collection and selling figures with low start prices. Buying loose is also a lot cheaper than in the package.

You might want to check out your local comic shops in your area as they will sometimes sell various figures. Also, conventions are a pretty good way to find some good figures. Anywhere there are various booths and dealers.

Okay, so I missed the marvel legends bus...but am interested in picking up some of these, it seems to me that ebayers just want too much for some of these. The completed auctions suggest that around 60-70% never even sell. So what gives? Why do people charge soo much and rarely sell? Is there a better way to pick up loose Singles of these?

Most of the ones you see on ebay are figs that were made in mass amounts and collectors already have. What ever is on ebay are ones noone wants anymore thats why you see ones very cheap and other expensive. The expensive ones are the rare ones but even thow they are rare most of us already have them and if you have one you really cant wait for a great price to buy an other. and single figs the best way to get them cheap. is to buy them in a lot or from the same seller.for exmple you might shove out 50 for like 20 figs yeah thats a lot but beats buying one fig for 3-5 bucks plus what 5 for shipping. and to buy mib buy the whole set from a seller and keep buying from the same seller so he knows you and gives discounts with the more business you do together. buying the series together saves on shipping to i think the biggest part of ebay people dont take a lot at the shipping cost. whoa that was a lot gonna go put my fingers in ice water.

shipping can be costly too. If you buy multiple figures from the same seller, you can usually get combined shipping rates that will save you money.

Buy loose, look for lots, and buy from the same seller. That's gonna be the best way to go on ebay. Be patient and you'll find some good deals.

Pretty much this.

3 years ago I had about 5 ML type figs. I mostly used ebay to get all my MLs. Buy in lots for sure. Just be patient and look for lots which have mostly figs you don't have.

Check out flea markets, antique "malls" and the like. You might find the occasional loose ML.

No, guys, I am not a newborn here, I know what is rare and what is lame, its just I see only high priced singles, and it makes no sense, you would think these sellers by now, have realized Juggernaut doesn't get 80-90 anymore, and that loose figs shouldn't be that much. Also, my comic shop only has last wave (I think), but no wwhulk. Haha, I am just looking for insight, thanks for tips though.

Yes, people majorly overchange on eBay for ML figures and the majority of the figures go unsold, especially the more "rare" ones that are priced for $80. The only figure I've seen sell every time is the X-Men Classics Bobby Drake figure. Otherwise, they don't sell and just keep relisting them. I think a lot of the eBayers may be retarded, because I've seen figures on there for six months without selling, yet stay at the same price.

I too started collecting ML late and had to build most of my collection via eBay and my local comic shop. Luckily, I found a collector in my area who was selling his entire collection (as singles) for cheap prices because he wanted them to move quickly. I bought a ton off him and without shipping, too!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Marvel-Legends-JUGGERN...=item563e204380

Loose Juggs - 10 bids - currently at $50.00.

Now, I've never seen a MOC Juggs go for $80, but I haven't searched for him in over a year. It's possible he is worth that now...tho looking around ebay shows MOCs to be going for around $60 plus ship.

I got Juggs, Deadpool, green Phoenix, Cable, and two others I can't remember - all MOC - for around $200. That was in late 08, early 09 I think. And at that time, Juggs was going for around $60, Deadpool at over $80, and green Phoenix around $30.

I got all of the Giant Man wave for about $220 shipped. Including all variants. All MOC.

So, again, I would look for lots.