who is the "Holy Grail?"

MrDizzle

Of the Marvel Legends series I mean. Including the sub lines such as XMen Classics, FF Classics, SMC, etc. Hasbro, Toy Biz, everything. Aside from the obvious rarities like the blue Wasp, silver Luke Cage & black outfit Psylocke of course.

I have now 10 single carded toy biz figures (variant included) to go before I'm finished and then I'll pick up the odds and ends from other lines that I want along w/ the Ares wave. Along the way I've had a hell of a tough time getting some figures (phasing GR, stealth Iron Man) and others that I thought would be expensive but really weren't at all (Toad, Avalanche).

My Dragon Man arrives MOC tomorrow so as he becomes my center piece, I'm just curious who else you guys rank up there. Personally, I say (in no particular order):

Dragon Man (considering the 6 other figs I got from the seller, it ran me approx $33 MOC)

Stealth Iron Man (still don't have it)

Deadpool (kept from retail)

Absorbing Man from Hulk Classics (don't have it either)

Bobby Drake variant (cost me $23 in a loose lot w/ series 3 Thor & a loose movie Jean Grey & Doop)

MAYBE Juggernaut (averaged $17 in a MOC lot of series 6)

brown variant Cable (got it for $50 shipped via BIN)

and for me, the Ares wave in general has just been a pain to find for a reasonable cost. I managed the Giant Man wave this past summer for $155 w/ all but one Sentry variant but Ares wave just goes for crazy money now. What do you guys consider the "IT" figures out there?

My top 5 Holy Grail figures (that I personally own) are.

1. Absorbing Man (ToyBiz Hulk Classics). I paid about $65.00 for him.

2. Dragon Man (ToyBiz FF Classics). I paid around $75.00 or $80.00 for this one, which is actually a pretty good deal.

3. McFarlane/Campbell Spider-Man (SM Classics 12). I got mine at retail, but he usually goes for about $50.00 plus on Ebay.

4. Juggernaut (ML-6). Got this one at retail as well. One of my all-time favorite Legends.

5. Crossbones (Hasbro Ares Wave). Got lucky and found him on the pegs at Wal-Mart. I only bought one, but I could have snagged 2 or 3 of them, and wish I would have considering how much they go for now.

My want-list of Legends that I will probably never own are...

1. Fin-Fang-Foom (BAF)

2. Giant-Man (BAF)

3. Bobby Drake (X-Men Classics)

4. Deadpool (ML-6)

5. Ghost Rider phasing variant (ML-7)

I'm just not willing to lay out the cash I would have to for any of these. Luckily I'm not a completist.

1.DragonMan-Never cared for him

2.Spider-man-never wanted to pay

3.Boby Drake-dont really like the figure enough to spend that much, cool costume though.

I had got a lot of about 45 figures a couple years ago and I scored a lot of my wants in that one lot. each figure averaged about $2 each, deadpool was included. Phasing ghost rider is not that bad you could find one on ebay right now for about $25-30. I got a Fin Fang Foom Retail when the series went on clearence for $5 a figure. I bought every crossbones I saw at retail because I thought It was the only cool looking figure out of the whole ares series.

I think as far as Marvel Legends goes you guys have it pretty much right.

1. Dragon Man (ebay 150-250 MOC)

2. Stealth Armor Iron Man Series 1 (ebay 80-100 MOC)

3. Gold Armor Iron Man Series 1 (ebay 50-70 MOC)

4. Series 6 Deadpool (ebay 70-100 MOC)

5. Juggy (ebay 50-80 MOC)

6. Brown Variant Cable (ebay 50-90 MOC)

7. Phoenix Variant Dark (ebay 60-100 MOC)

8. Absorbing Man Hulk Classics (ebay 100-200 MOC)

and then of course there are the super rare ones like the prototypes and silver luke cage, black costume psylocke and the blue wasp variant.

For me the Holy Grail was the Series 1 Stealth Armor Iron Man. I paid 100 for him MOC and I don't regret it. He is to me for some reason the holy grail.

Well Mine has been The End Hulk from the Fin Fang Foom series, just to get his wing and arm. I finally buckled and it is on its way from Australia for 80.00 bucks!

I'd love a Dragon Man, but not too stressed about it.

I also need the right leg for Red Hulk. I had one but lost it in moving process. Grrrr..

Ok this is a good topic let me put my 2 cents in because i see some figs from all over the place not only marvel legends here is my run at it

Raritys that i want or have and how much i paid

Wants.

1. Luke Cage silver ML

2. Blue Wasp ML

3. Flying annihilus Fantastic 4 Movie series

4. Pheonix X-MEN classics

5. Doombot Fantastic 4 Movie series

Have. CHeck the list yes i do have all these and hope you one day you do Solid I know you have these Bro

1. Stealth and Gold Iron Man Series 1 $200 for the whole series

2. Ares series retail price

3. Absorbing man and Abomination $150

4. Dragon Man $125

5. Bobby Drake, Ultimate ice man rogue variants X-Men classics $45

And my "Holy Grail"

Black Psylocke Variant $600 Big Ones

If you're going to include the Fantastic Four Dragon Man, don't forget the Fantastic Four Annihilus too. He's much rarer.

but they made another annihilus.

there was only one dragon man fig made. no variants, re-releases, repaints, new figs of him, nada.

doombot is another good one, but he's probably less important than dragon man so again, i give the nod to dm.

I remember when I was first starting MLs and my LCS got a huge box of loose figures. I spent about $200 and ended up with at least 50 figures, Deadpool included. I still kick myself for not buying the whole box. I remember some good ones I left, figuring I would find them later. My favorite figure is XMC Ultimate Nightcrawler only because he is what started my collecting. I can't decide what my Holy Grail would be though. I customize and am getting pretty damn good at it, so now I can make any figure I want. Great topic.