Worst experience buying figures online?

thor333us

It can be anything from price to condition, anything.

My worst packing job, I got 2 figures in a box about 10 by 10 inches no padding at all both figures rolled into a ball with limbs twisted and heads backwards luckily in good shape after bouncing around like that.

Another listed as good condition I got it it was covered in a brown film that washed off.

It can be anything from price to condition, anything.

My worst packing job, I got 2 figures in a box about 10 by 10 inches no padding at all both figures rolled into a ball with limbs twisted and heads backwards luckily in good shape after bouncing around like that.

Another listed as good condition I got it it was covered in a brown film that washed off.

the seller must have had a sense of humer Since they were rolled up in little balls to roll around in the shipped box..... Oh sorry about the brown film I ran out of toilet Paper....My fault, My fault.

Oh this is an easy one. About a year ago, I found a guy who was literally selling every wave of Legends, MOC w/ all variants for each wave. In addition, he had custom cardbacks for existing figures and would include them. For example, he put a Red/Blue Antman from the boxset in the Goliath packaging and had that as part of wave 7 since Goliath was also a chase for that series and another is the white storm in series 8 Storm packaging along w/ the rest of series 8 and storm variant. ANYWAY.....dude had pretty solid prices for his buy it now. One example, the entire Giant Man wave w/ all 4 Sentry variants and the Wolverine variant for $200. So I contacted him and we worked out a deal. I won 3 auctions which totalled around 450. Guy had flawless feedback and he agreed to let me pay it out over two months. I told him to hold everything until I finished paying so he could ship all at once. Well, communication is great, payments made as promised, I send the last $100 adn the guy falls off the face of the earth. No email, no figures, NOTHING. Well then a few days go buy, other people start leaving him negative feedback for the same reason. Unfortunately for me, I can't leave negative because the timeframe had already passed. I try to get a refund through Paypal and they basically say I'm SOL. Somehow and for whatever reason, some 3 months later the guy ends up refunding me around $225. Still no figures, nothing and I'm still out $200+. Months more pass and I see something very odd on eBay. Same seller, different name, same "custom" card figures that I had already won but never received! I knew it was him based on the auction style, free shipping and low prices being offered. PLus, how often do you just happen to see the same person selling the exact same custom carded figures? I used buy it now on every single auction he had and I told him his gig was up. He tried to play it off and said I was crazy but after a few more obvious comparisons, he finally stopped responding, the ebay username was dropped and I magically get $50 refunded back. As a whole experience it sucked. I spent 4 years buyin G1 figures back in the late 90s/early 00s and never had anything like this happen. I've since gotten the figs through other outlets but yeah.....that hands down is the worst experience I've ever had in collecting.

My worst one was i bought a Giant Man fig for 70 Bucks and waited my two weeks then nothing i e-mail the guys nothing almost time for the complain i called up e-bay they try and get incontact they call me back others were in the same boat then his user name is gone they call me back they refunded me my money so i got lucky

Damn I feel sorry for you Mr. Dizzle that is one of the worst I have ever heard. I have had a couple of bad experiences buying from ebay. What I do now is once it gets to about 40 days after purchase I file a paypal case right away. If the item comes, great I will cancel the case but this has saved me some cash a few times. I once bought off of a guy about $200 worth of loose ML figures in a lot. I ended up getting the figures for a good deal in auction and so the guy I guess decided he just wouldn't send them. A few months later stupid me bid on a bunch of other loose figures and it turned out it was the same seller. Yet again he didn't send the figures. If I didn't file a case I would have been ripped off for both of those. A total of about $500

I was actually the seller in my case. I sell a lot of about 40 ML loose figures this #$&! wins for about $175 I noticed his address is from canada. So I get a priced shipping for $33. so the guy pays. about 6 days later I get a call from Fedex saying the guy refuses to pay his country's tax and dutys upon delevery, and they tried a second time the next day. I email the guy I Tried to call. and about 5 days pass. Fedex is also calling me every day to see what I want to do with the package. I finelly tell them to ship it back to me they tell me it will cost another $40! so a case is filled and paypal refunds the transaction to the guy. I relist the figures to pay pay pal mind you im already out $40. The figures sell for only $140 so Im out again and have to pay paypal out of my pocket. Then about 2 weeks later he sends me an email playing it off " have you sent the package?" are you serious did he want a Guilty free conciouse for wasting my Time and Money. As a result I will never deal with Canada EVER again.

Just b4 easter I won an auction for some legends figs - woke up at 3:30a.m. to do it. Auction was not labeled well (Marvel legends Lot). Well, it contained Juggernaut, Red Skull, Man thing, and Silver Surfer, all MOC. I bid with about 3 seconds left, and won the auction for $82 (shipping was $16). I paypal the money immediately, and begin the wait. According to his timeline, I should have the figs within 10-14 days. I wait till the 14th day, still no communication, nothing. I send an e-mail (should receive response w/in 2 days), get response on the second day: "Oh, I'm so sorry, we had the holiday and I totally forgot to send the figs, I'll get them out by Wednesday". I respond Thanks, It's okay, no harm done. Please send me a tracking number when you ship them. Friday comes, no email. I send another, "Hey, how about that tracking number"? 2 DAYS later I get the response: "Oh my gosh, I'm sorry, but there's a problem. MY DOG ATE THE JUGGERNAUT FIGURE. (Really, he used the my dog ate it line from 3rd grade). He goes on to say he can send the other figs, and include Omega Red instead of Juggy, or refund my money. At this point, I'm more pissed that he thinks I'm a fool than I am that he is trying to weasel out of the deal. I tell him no way, give me my cash. FOUR DAYS go by with no response. I send another email telling him I'm opening a case if money is not in paypal by Friday (three full days). Friday comes, no money, no email from him, so I open the case and send a scathing feedback. Saturday night my money is in paypal, and he sends a message acting like I'm overreacting. I sent a follow up feedback stating I was refunded, but seller has poor follow through, but nice enough guy.

I followed this seller for about 2 months, and he sold a vintage WW2 diving knife to someone for $375, and he stiffed them. Soon after, he dissappeared off ebay. If your reading this dude, your a total turd and may an angry goat mount you in your sleep.

Moral of the story: I still don't have Juggy, but I was happy with the escalation through ebay and paypal. Also, never let your goat go to bed angry......

back when i was building up my collection, I won an ebay listing for Black Widow, Black Cat, and 2 others I didn't have (that I can't remember now) for like $20 shipped (all loose). I was ecstatic considering BC and BW can go for $20 by themselves.

I immediately paid via paypal. then waited...and waited...and waited...on the 5th day, I messaged the seller asking when the items would be shipped. no response...2 days later, messaged again. no response. after a couple weeks of this I sent a message to paypal/ebay asking them to look into it.

while I got my money back, i never got the figs from the seller. :(

i have since gotten those figs, but it obviously cost me more than $20.

the worst for me was at toyglobe. they have everything on stock but as soon when you order things then you get an email that they dont have it. of course you get the message after you paid for everything. i ordered smc hobgoblin and hydroman and the set of fantastic four where dragon man and kang were in it. they had some sort of assortment. so they sended me an email that some figs arent in stock but they will arrive in a few days. 2 weeks later still nothing but the figs were in stock on the net. sure i emailed them and asked why is this possible? no response. after a few angry mails, i get a mail if i would trade a figure because one was missing. so i took painted invisible woman. 3 weeks later the package arrived. hobgoblin was broken, invisible woman was clear, hydroman wasnt in the box and kang either. nice i was so happy with them. i mailed a few times and they said to place a new order to correct the error and i said the hell i will. send me the missing figs and done. i got another package weeks later , got my hydroman but kang was still missing. i found him later on so i let it be. they lost me as costumer for sure and i am not talking good about them anywhere. never had any problem with ebay do.

The biggest problem I've ever had on Ebay was recently as a seller, not a buyer. I sold a "super poseable" Goku action figure that I listed as not new because it had been opened, but the figure was in 100% perfect condition and was still in the original package. I started the auction low and it sold for a reasonable price. I think around $12 or so. The person who won the auction only had (1) feedback. (It was positive but it wasn't exactly glowing). However, I was paid quickly (yay). I then carefully packed the figure in bubble wrap and shipped it, still in it's original packaging. I sent an e-mail to buyer, and they responded with a "thank you" and stated that their 8-year old son was waiting anxiously for the figure. (This should have been my first warning of trouble to come). A few days went by and I get an e-mail from them saying that they received the package, but when they opened it, the figure just mysteriously "fell apart". Ooookay.

Long story short - I sent them an e-mail back saying that I found that extremely hard to believe since the figure I sent them was completely undamaged, un-played with and 100% fine when it left my hands. I suggested that perhaps their adorable little moppet may have broken it.

They sent me an indignant response saying that they had bought similar figures from other buyers and they never had a problem, and they basically wanted me to refund their money.

Well, this was obviously a lie since they had only ONE feedback and it wasn't that good. I felt like I was definitely being scammed and I so much as said so in my next e-mail. However, I told them I would refund their money if they returned the "broken" figure to me. Well of course they shot back with a very defensive response basically saying "How dare you accuse us of such a thing! We will not return the figure. We are reporting you to Ebay, blah, blah, blah."

At this point I figured I couldn't win, because I couldn't prove that the figure was not broken when I shipped it. Also, they could easily just send me back a broken figure of the same kind. So, I just sucked it up and returned their money. And sent them an e-mail stating that because of them I would NEVER accept bids from anyone with less than (10) positive feedbacks again.

Well the story doesn't end there. I few days after that I get a message from Ebay saying they filed a case against me for the reason that they "never received their item". Wha??!! I quickly called Ebay and stated my side. Including how they claimed the item they "never received" was damaged when the "received it" and that I had already refunded their money. The guy I spoke to asked if I got my merchandise back and I told him no I didn't. He said that Ebay would appreciate it if sellers would NOT refund money without getting their items back because it encourages buyer fraud.

So, in the end I lost my figure and my money and then some, because I refunded the shipping as well. So, not only should "buyer beware", but "sellers" should beware as well.

As for buying, amazingly with all the figures I've bought off of Ebay, I've never really had a problem to speak of when buying. I even won a loose DCUC Commander Steel figure for "one cent" and the guy actually shipped it to me no problem. I also won a BTVS figure MOC for 99 cents with free shipping and got that no problem as well. I once bought a loose FF Box Set Reed Richards and when I got it, it looked like it had been chewed up by a dog. He even had a couple of fingers missing. I contacted the buyer and included pictures of the damaged figure, and he refunded my money with his apologies.