Marvel Legends 2 packs Finally Hit !

SolidSnakeInMyPants

Yeah I just checked the link and the Deadpool/Warpath are up for 100 for the variant and 109 for the regular. I guess if you have the money and feel like paying 3 times the amount then go for it.

Looks like he put them on eBay, pretty reasonable:

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksi...-All-Categories

Hey, I've bought from him . . .

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the price will slow scalpers. the 2 packs usually stay around. I hate scalpers, I have at least five in the area. I've gotten into arguments with them , cuz I 'll call them out.

Did you guys see the you tube video about this scalper who finds 3 Galactus and automatically says he's going to put them on ebay marked up. unless you put them up as "buy it now" for 29.99 plus 8.00 or so for shipping , you are a scalper, cuz putting them low and knowing full well that the bid will go up is borderline scalping. We see a great toy, they see a great profit.

wait, you would actually expect someone to put a $55 item on ebay for $38 (shipped)?

Lol no i was talking a out the 2 packs

wow, 30 beans!?!?!?! Talk about gouging!!!

You are getting a better deal with Galactus.

Sadly, I will still buy them, just have to decide if I want a grey or a black version of the Widow!!

Dang!!!!!

Just wondering why Hasbro will give the great Elektra articulation to the BW, but the Tigra leg pegs to Valkyrie??? SMH

Maybe the price will slow scalpers. the 2 packs usually stay around. I hate scalpers, I have at least five in the area. I've gotten into arguments with them , cuz I 'll call them out.

Did you guys see the you tube video about this scalper who finds 3 Galactus and automatically says he's going to put them on ebay marked up. unless you put them up as "buy it now" for 29.99 plus 8.00 or so for shipping , you are a scalper, cuz putting them low and knowing full well that the bid will go up is borderline scalping. We see a great toy, they see a great profit.

wait, you would actually expect someone to put a $55 item on ebay for $38 (shipped)?

That would be nice if you would do the same thing, but as an eBay seller it would not be a smart thing to do. At that price, with tax I would've paid about $31. Then to list would cost $.75. Buy it now fee is 12% ($3.60) and of course paypal is 2.9%+.$.35 (of the total paid) ($38=$1.45). At $30 + $8 shipping you are paying $5.80 just to sell the dang thing and now you've just LOST money. You'd have to sell it for about $38 just to break even! I would almost guarantee nobody, "scalper" or not would list them as you suggested.

That would be nice if you would do the same thing, but as an eBay seller it would not be a smart thing to do. At that price, with tax I would've paid about $31. Then to list would cost $.75. Buy it now fee is 12% ($3.60) and of course paypal is 2.9%+.$.35 (of the total paid) ($38=$1.45). At $30 + $8 shipping you are paying $5.80 just to sell the dang thing and now you've just LOST money. You'd have to sell it for about $38 just to break even! I would almost guarantee nobody, "scalper" or not would list them as you suggested.

True , did not take the ebay fees into account. Just pissed that I work so much and the thought of finally being able to stop at a store only to find that some pig bought up all the stuff just to make a buck pisses me off

True , did not take the ebay fees into account. Just pissed that I work so much and the thought of finally being able to stop at a store only to find that some pig bought up all the stuff just to make a buck pisses me off

Hey now... don't insult the intelligent pig by comparing some douche-scalper to them :)

I dont understand why ppl are so butthert about ppl buying them and then selling them... Really come on growup. this is a big ppl world not a non reality kiddie world where every thing goes your way. I have tried to do it but these ppl are truly hardcore and dedicated to a sellers market I get lucky and find stuff but I never really bank. I do OK. but in reality it takes a lot of hard work to be in this kind of business. You have to call every where, Know somebody working there and You have to hook them up also, Drive and get there as soon as the trucks get there which are usally early hours and get in to get them. Some ppl are really dedicated and hey if thats the way they want to spend their time then so be it. Im not that hard core but I like to get the figures for my son and myself. if you dont like it dont buy from them.

I dont understand why ppl are so butthert about ppl buying them and then selling them... Really come on growup. this is a big ppl world not a non reality kiddie world where every thing goes your way. I have tried to do it but these ppl are truly hardcore and dedicated to a sellers market I get lucky and find stuff but I never really bank. I do OK. but in reality it takes a lot of hard work to be in this kind of business. You have to call every where, Know somebody working there and You have to hook them up also, Drive and get there as soon as the trucks get there which are usally early hours and get in to get them. Some ppl are really dedicated and hey if thats the way they want to spend their time then so be it. Im not that hard core but I like to get the figures for my son and myself. if you dont like it dont buy from them.

A big people world, YES but you have to realize, we are grown adults who play with toys. Bottom line, no matter how you wanna coat it, that's what it is. What pisses me off is that here is a guy who is big in the community, knows the difficulty in getting these figures and yet will exploit fellow community "family members" by forcing them to search harder and pay more. Yes people will support him in an attempt to befriend the popular kid but popular opinion doesn't make it right. If I go out and find something that I know is semi difficult to find but I also have friends who want them, I'm gonna give htem first crack because I know that they would do the same for me. IDK. It just bugs that especially with a series like this that one dbag could clean out the stock because I have to go 30 miles in any direction to get a TRU and I can assure you they won't have 50 pieces. THey may get 1, 2 boxes at most. Regardless, they'll be all over the place soon enough, I'm sure.

A big people world, YES but you have to realize, we are grown adults who play with toys. Bottom line, no matter how you wanna coat it, that's what it is. What pisses me off is that here is a guy who is big in the community, knows the difficulty in getting these figures and yet will exploit fellow community "family members" by forcing them to search harder and pay more. Yes people will support him in an attempt to befriend the popular kid but popular opinion doesn't make it right. If I go out and find something that I know is semi difficult to find but I also have friends who want them, I'm gonna give htem first crack because I know that they would do the same for me. IDK. It just bugs that especially with a series like this that one dbag could clean out the stock because I have to go 30 miles in any direction to get a TRU and I can assure you they won't have 50 pieces. THey may get 1, 2 boxes at most. Regardless, they'll be all over the place soon enough, I'm sure.

I dont play with them my son does, displaying and playing is close but not the same. I get your point, but, do I personally know the guy No, do I think he is cool No, (anybody can buy toys but can they buy annuities, health, and life insurance for themselves?). If I get them I get them. If some dude on the Internet can spend $300 + dollers on some toys and make a little investment to pay for his habit, Thats cool. No big deal. I dont think its a big deal on what he does with his own money, it has absolutly nothing to do with me.

My ass is waiting till i seen them at the store i find the first wave at my toysrus with variants so ill just wait and get mine there i am not about to spend 100 for one pack while i still can get them at regular price at the store and the eBay thing hummmmm yeah i got nothing deal with it i guess if there are dumbasses that would buy them for those prices then thier bad just dont buy from eBay then well thats all i got IM STILL AT WORK lol eraning my Marvel Legends money lol im hitting toys r us this weekend and hope to find them i am buying doubles no not for resale one moc one open if i have enough and see a ton of them ill come up here and think of helping some of you guys out i have no problem with that just ask for the retail price and shipping how that sound

First off,,,, Let me defend my friend and set everybody straight! He is not a scalper,,, look at his ebay account,,, this was the first time he has ever listed anything like this in that respect. Second,,,, at $30 a pop, it is wise to sell a few to make up for your crazy habit! Third,, he took care of me and four other community members that totaled him close to $500. He kept 1 of each for himself and sold 2 sets. This doesnt include the fact that he walked to the post office and wrapped these up to send off. Myself , having 1 of the largest marvel collections in the world, doesnt come buy me not making a little money to support my habit. I have a mortgage and 3 kids, they come first before any friends. My true friends respect that. Boog is also a family man. Im a little upset that people were hassling him and sending him dirty messages on ebay. Not cool !!! This is why I stick to my youtube community,,,,because everyone knows everyones face, nobody hides behind keyboards, and it allows to build true friendships amongst collectors. For all the guys here at Marvelousnews, open a youtube account and join. You will make lifelong friends. Plus,,, if we find it,,, we will hook you up. I really hope people apologize for certain comments. Its probably young kids still livin on allowance, still,, its no right to direspect.

First off,,,, Let me defend my friend and set everybody straight! He is not a scalper,,, look at his ebay account,,, this was the first time he has ever listed anything like this in that respect. Second,,,, at $30 a pop, it is wise to sell a few to make up for your crazy habit! Third,, he took care of me and four other community members that totaled him close to $500. He kept 1 of each for himself and sold 2 sets. This doesnt include the fact that he walked to the post office and wrapped these up to send off. Myself , having 1 of the largest marvel collections in the world, doesnt come buy me not making a little money to support my habit. I have a mortgage and 3 kids, they come first before any friends. My true friends respect that. Boog is also a family man. Im a little upset that people were hassling him and sending him dirty messages on ebay. Not cool !!! This is why I stick to my youtube community,,,,because everyone knows everyones face, nobody hides behind keyboards, and it allows to build true friendships amongst collectors. For all the guys here at Marvelousnews, open a youtube account and join. You will make lifelong friends. Plus,,, if we find it,,, we will hook you up. I really hope people apologize for certain comments. Its probably young kids still livin on allowance, still,, its no right to direspect.

RIGHT ON SOLIDSNAKE RIGHT ON

Yeah exactly. Guys with all due respect this is a business world. Have none of you ever worked in sales or tried running your own business? There can be no ethics in business if you want to succeed. If someone wants to buy those figures for $100 and they are happy with that then what is the problem? If they have that kind of money and they make that decision then that is their decision. Mind your own business.

Well Said Solid!!!

I feel that if you got the loot to get, GET! If you don't wanna buy it DON'T!

I see NOthing wrong in Making a profit for what you need / want or to spend on what you want Now or Later.

All companies as well as individuals do that!

Be it a car to sell or a toy!

EVERYONE wants the best deal! Everyone wants to make Profit!

I got a pack from him & He is the BEST Packer / shipper I've seen. FAST & with care!

Not for $100.00 it was a Fair Price.

I have ALL Legends figures (which I gave to my boy due to his lost of job except for the 10 RARE ones) so he can sell & make a profit to live with his kid & wife till he gets back on his feet.

SCALPERS!! SCALPERS!!! WAAAAHHH!!

Name calling IS Juvenile! Stop! People Just Stop!!

It is annoying to see that on a F'in TOY site! Talk about trades or where to get things from instead!

All are entitled to an opinion But STOP this Cr-aping on stuff!!!!!

LORD!!!! NO LIKE!???!? NO BUY!!! Simple!

Man, what a heated, rehashed discussion we tend to have. I think some of this is true and mostly hilarious. First off I don't live in New York, so I can't really complain about not getting the figures at times square. Second, isn't asking 3X the amount of something that just came out crazy or are the people that pay it? I think this is a fun topic that will go on until the world ends. I think once these start popping up in other states, the blood in our veins will cool and we can all be friends again. I work in media production and due to "knowing the right people" it has got me far and happy. I see the same trend taking over toy collecting. I would love for A&E to come out with a show called "Collectors", so we could all get an insight on how "scalpers" and "collectors" differ.I'd watch it and I am almost positive we all would. Happy hunting fellow forum fighters. Remember, knowing is half the battle.

What's the big deal,here? A guy was fortunate enough to find the 2 packs first and sold a couple?? He said it himself in the video that he was gonna hook some friends up Solidsnake among them. Maybe people are just jealous of this guy because he found the figures and they haven't. Also it seems that whenever we get some good news around here someone always finds something to complain about; we got ML 2 packs they complained about figure selection, then they complained because they haven't been released, they get released and then they complain about price. A fellow collector lets everyone know the figures are available and they badmouth him just because he got more than one for his friends and sold a couple seriously. As bad as people consider selling figures on ebay I think it's even worse that someone was willing to pay huge amounts of money for them like Obi Wan says who's more foolish the fool or the fool who follows him????