Marvel Legends 2 packs Finally Hit !

SolidSnakeInMyPants

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was to sucker ppl in with the boards and word of mouth. When I asked to day,(hoping to get them at $24.99) the guy at toys r us said it was just the first case that was at $24.99. They sold out and toys r us jacked up the price because they sold so quickly. after christmas they should go back down. just picked up that winter soldier..man that figure is sweet! really growing on me. All I need is that Hulk, and No hurry though

Also even though they ring up at $29.99 if you have a toysrus card, they will get them down to $23.99 saving you $6. :biggrin: With tax, $26.92.

Slashman3,

I have a second loose set of variant Black Widow/Winter Soldier that I'm looking to trade for a regular version.

Let me know if you would like to trade.

-Rick

But your discount depends on the amount of REWARD points you have acumulated.Right?? I have a card that they scan every time i Purchase something but never get a discount? I asked when I get some coupons or something the worker said You need points??

The usually reward is $5 for every $150 eligible purchases. The eligible purchase dollar is 1 to 1 for regular priced items and 50% of discounted items (any type of discount applied to regular price). so you can look at it's as roughly 3.3% cash back. you only get $5 for every $150 and forfeit any dollar points that not did not reach the next $150 every 3 month. You do get some coupons with it when ever get the $5 send to you but usually on the items I don't buy. They also spree out the $5 reward so you usually have to spend the first one before the second one arrive but there is no limitation that you can not combine reward dollars as long as they did not expire. You can track the progress on line.

I think there is a 10% or 20% off on your first purchase when you sing-up in store. but this is one time only unless you are planning on singing-up every time you make a purchase.

By the way,

Toys R Us did up the cash back to 10% from now til Dec 24 and not limited to every $150. So it is a good time to get the reward card if you don't have it already.

On the side note: that last Marvel legends Purchase was counted toward Nov for me instead of Oct which mean 10% cash back on my last purchase. - 11/05/2010

not bad, Spiderman Skrull.

Think of buying a Hulk and swapping his head (I own the Rulk's head) and turning him into the Red Hulk.

Did not like all the figures of that wave, but Rulk turned out to be pretty interesting.

Today (November 8th, 2010) I purchased the my first 2-pack of the Marvel Legends Fan's Winner's Choice sets. While they had two of the very 2-pack that I desired the most, Valkyrie & the Hulk, since there was only one of each of the Deadpool/ Warpath and Black Widow/ Winter Soldier sets, I decided to purchase Warpath as he helps round out both the original and new versions of X-Force.

DP is nice. IMO his only flaws are that is hands and feet seem a bit small. Plus his right hand has his thumb sculpted in a funky position. Otherwise, nice figure!!!

For me, the star of this 2-pack is Warpath. The Hulkling body works perfectly for him. The only movement missing is the lack of calf cuts. The paint is good, not great. However, the silver pops with a nice sheen to it. His skin has a nice reddish hue, like a true Native American. (Nice to have them finally well represented int he 6-inch line, outside of Ripclaw from LCBH).

Warpath is big, well designed, and has a great face sculpt.

i can't wait to purchase the other 2 sets.

Since my cousin works for TRU I was able to get a 10% discount off the set, and I coupled that with $1.00 off any Marvel Universe figure (because technically, this is from the MU anyway) I ended up saving 4 bucks.

question: with the release of these 2-packs, when can we expect the Iron Man Legends to hit?

These 2-packs have me hungry for more!

You can expect the same release schedual they have used for the past 4 years. 4th quarter, fall, October-November.... need I say more. they only release a little a year and its always around christmas, my guess to cut their losses over the holidays. If stuff does not sell so well it will not hurt them as much because of christmas.

Oh and they cost me 34.99 before tax

Dude, where is your Toys'R'Us? I hope my "local" store doesn't jack up their prices that much. I am happy at 24.99, I can swallow 29.99, but 34.99 now that is just too much.

I live outside the U.S. Puerto Rico to be exact so I guess the price mark up is due to overseas shipping. We have plenty of Toys'R Us here but the products are always couple of dollars more that in the states. So don't worry unless you take a caribbean vacation you won't run into these "overpriced" figures.lol