Marvel Legends 2 packs Finally Hit !

SolidSnakeInMyPants

on wednesday - found the new 2 packs in austin texas. we have 3 tru's here and by friday all had received them --- the weird thing is - all 3 stores ONLY received variants. i have my fingers crossed that i will be able to locate the regular dead pool set sometime in the next 2 months! i read the usual expected complaints but, frankly, i am really stoked - i am very happy with all of the figures, especially the deadpool. the harness fits nicely, is not bulky or awkward. the harness on the original toybiz (which i also own) looks really good but the sword sheaths are really large and 'boxy'. as much as i still like the original 6 inch deadpool, i prefer the new one. i do wish hasbro had given us a second set of hands for the katanas. the funny thing is, i had started a custom deadpool after reading the cable and deadpool series using the hasbro cyclops body as the base and the toybiz series 6 dp head - i really dug the 'x-men' deadpool suit - the medium blue and yellow orange colors - and then i saw the variant - man i couldn't be happier! well, i guess i could be a little happier if i had the regular version deadpool!

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My buddy scored me the Deadpool and Warpath variant pack the other day. Best part someone stocked the new ones where the clearance 2-packs belong (Torch and Invisible Woman etc.) so he got me my variants at 17.99 instead of 29.99. They fought with him about it but he said it wasn't his problem it was their mistake and they needed to honor that price. He ended up speaking with a manger and got the awesome deal. They only had variants stocked though; still hoping to score the regular Deadpool and Black Widow packs.

What's up with the varaints being more common than the regulars?

Hey bud,,, I would like to make you an admin. For the ML Collectors facebook so you can post all your pics in an album. This way people can still access quality pics. Plus it saves me days of photography which I really don't wanna do. As an admin, you can also control the site. Lmk thanks

• 2 weeks later...
The poll for the 2-packs was posted online before.

Deadpool, Valkyrie, and Black Widow won. Hasbro chose Warpath, Winter Soldier, and Hulk.

i cant believe people voted for val over some of the other choices.

No one voted for either Val or Hulk (well, I voted for Hulk). They already had the molds made, so those 2 were pretty much guaranteed to be included as the peg-warmers in this release. It makes sense financially for Hasbro to just use pre-existing molds... just sucks for us, since Val's sculpt is OLD, since she was made for release in the Hulk Legends line.

Not arguing with anyone here but to be fair, if the Hulk/Val 2 pack had a variant that was shipped practically 50/50 like the other 2 packs seem to be I'm sure it wouldn't be such a peg warmer. I know I would have bought more if there was a grey Hulk variant... even if Val was the same, with at least a swappable head (ponytails maybe?) or something.

found them today in evansville, indiana, but they only had variants. while i really like the classic warpath and x-deadpool, and could care less about a remake of what i thought toybiz did better, i really want the x-force warpath. went ahead and picked up bw/ws as well, just incase i dont find another, but i really want the BLACK widow. not the grey widow. Valk is a little plain, not much in the detailing, and imo this is the best hulk yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up a variant set on TRU.com last week before the price hike, and I just received them yesterday.

I got to say that I don't feel this deadpool is superior to the Toybiz one, but it's almost there. Both use a lame overused sculpt, and both can't hold the swords without aid (clear rubberbands). I like the way the mask has the little point on the new one, but I also like the way Wade looks super pissed on the old one.

I also liked the way the guns holstered on the Toybiz Deadpool as opposed to the new one with no way to keep the rifle on his back.

Found this yesterday, the final missing piece. I drove down to the States yesterday and checked out the Toy's r us in Burlington Vermont, they have all the new 2 packs and some older ones.

These are now priced at 34,99$(toy's r us greed), the new packs and old packs are placed on different shelves but both were mixed up. The shelve were most of them were was the 17.98$price, the price for the older ones, at the cash it scanned at 34,99$, I told the lady that on the shelve the price tag read 17,98$ she then told another lady that she needed a price check, and I told the other lady "I'll show you" so she followed me and I showed her the price tag which said marvel legends 2 packs 17,98$, she said "humm your right", so we go back to the cash and she tells the cashier that I'm right and that "we need to get that checked". So I paid 19,24$ with tax, a great deal! :biggrin: :biggrin:

DSCN1393.jpg

Obviously the people putting the stock on the shelves don't know the difference between the newer and older 2 packs.

Found this yesterday, the final missing piece. I drove down to the States yesterday and checked out the Toy's r us in Burlington Vermont, they have all the new 2 packs and some older ones.

These are now priced at 34,99$(toy's r us greed), the new packs and old packs are placed on different shelves but both were mixed up. The shelve were most of them were was the 17.98$price, the price for the older ones, at the cash it scanned at 34,99$, I told the lady that on the shelve the price tag read 17,98$ she then told another lady that she needed a price check, and I told the other lady "I'll show you" so she followed me and I showed her the price tag which said marvel legends 2 packs 17,98$, she said "humm your right", so we go back to the cash and she tells the cashier that I'm right and that "we need to get that checked". So I paid 19,24$ with tax, a great deal! :biggrin::biggrin:

DSCN1393.jpg

Obviously the people putting the stock on the shelves don't know the difference between the newer and older 2 packs.

But you do....... morals, and people wonder why marvel legends dont do to good.

These are now priced at 34,99$(toy's r us greed), the new packs and old packs are placed on different shelves but both were mixed up. The shelve were most of them were was the 17.98$price, the price for the older ones, at the cash it scanned at 34,99$, I told the lady that on the shelve the price tag read 17,98$ she then told another lady that she needed a price check, and I told the other lady "I'll show you" so she followed me and I showed her the price tag which said marvel legends 2 packs 17,98$, she said "humm your right", so we go back to the cash and she tells the cashier that I'm right and that "we need to get that checked". So I paid 19,24$ with tax, a great deal! :biggrin::biggrin:

DSCN1393.jpg

but it isnt his job....its theirs.

DSCN1393.jpg

but it isnt his job....its theirs.

aw, come on man. if you see an unguarded armored car, door open, is it ok to take a sack of money?

exactly, the right tag was probably right next to it I know what he is talking back. my toys r us have the same thing a tag that says 17.00 and has a stack of human torches but one deadpool and warpath mixed in (only because some kid moved it or missplaced it) no I do not have the gull to ask for that price when I know full and well what it costs, I have some pride( just to save a buck WOW). thats the same as stealing when you argue thats the price and You know damn well it is not the price. or you could play dumb...what ever