Marvel Legends 2 packs Finally Hit !

SolidSnakeInMyPants

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hats off to Mikec123 and eldest son. I agree completey. I had the same issue at my tru, and could've pulled the same stunt. Instead I told the girl at customer svc. about the shelving issue. Now it's fixed, and the 2-paks are $34.95, lol. Maybe they're trying to recoup some lost revenues from those figs sold at $19.95.....

I am still on the hunt for the Deadpool/Warpath variant. I say hats off to electro for scoring a good deal. I am glad I got mine for 25 without having to trick someone, but 20 would have wonderful. However if I found them at a "wrongful" price I would probably help some folks out. Either way, congrats on your find.

It's still in stock at TRU.com. At the $35 price though

If one guy getting a "scammed" deal brings down Marvel Legends, let me know. Until then I am happy for electro and his find. I am glad my comment was "fixed" though. Sometimes I think I have a right to type what I am thinking. Just fueling the fire a bit until we get some news on Legends. I guess that is all we have time to do now.

yeah no big deal.... But it was'nt a FIND it was somebody who took advantage of the situation and lied and fought for something he was completly wrong on. If one person doing this does not make a difference.. well think again he just bragged about doing it to thousands of people of the same community. look what it did so far between us, now dont you think some desprite silent person will go and try the same thing, so on and so forth you get the idea. dont congragulate this guy for his efforts...If I did the same thing and talked about it in front of my clients Im pretty sure they would not do business with me again.

This will be the only time I respond on this matter as to end the subject as has been asked. It was not my mistake it was there's, they misplaced them. There is a law here in Quebec that was put into effect some years ago to keep stores in line and force them to keep shelves properly placed. The law says that if the price on the shelf NO MATTER IF THE ITEM IS MISPLACED OR NOT is not the price that rings up at the cash the store has to

a)if the item is 10$ or less give it to you free

b) if the item is more then 10$ give you 10$ off the right price

Granted the purchase was made in the US but still its there responsibility to keep there shelves in order.Furthermore I did not take anything away from Hasbro, I simply got around TRU greed. Make no mistake about it, Hasbro did not up there prices between shipments, TRU just raised there prices when they realized that these were selling like hot cakes to make more profits.

You actually think its ok for TRU to have 2 different prices for the same product, I sure don't. Those of you who say they would have paid full price, nobody is gonna believe that because its in human nature to always want to get the best deal possible.

This same situation has been reported on here before so its nothing new. Bottom line anybody who can get a deal is gonna take it and i don't regret getting around the mark up and TRU greed. It is TRU responsibility to have there product properly placed not the customers and that is exactly why the law that I stated earlier was put into effect, to protect the customer and make the stores assume there responsibilities.

wow, that's not a very smart law. From what I understand anybody can move anything around and get it for whatever price they want by saying "that's where it was"?

There are some boundaries, it applies to cases like the one we are discussing here were althought its the same product on both tags it was misplaced, thats the stores responsibility to keep things straight. You can't get a marvel figure from a transformers shelf and say well that's were it was, they won't honor that. They also always go and check what you claim they don't take your word for it. That way the correct the mistake right away.

Another example, a few weeks ago when i was grocery shopping I got some orange juice, there was a sign placed saying it was on special, and when I got to the cash it scanned at regular price, I asked the girl isn't this on special? there is a sign that says it is, she sent a bag boy to check and he returned with the explanation, the brand next to the one I got was actually on special and when the shelf got half empty the stock boy filled the shelf with the brand next to it because they had none of the brand on special left but he didn't move the sign . Since it was there stock boy's mistake they had to give it to me free because it was less then 10$.

With the TRU case it was more than likely the stock boys who misplaced the legends packs because they don't know the difference between the new and old sets, to them legends is legends.

people upset about this but when that one guy bought like 20 of the two packs, most everyone was okay with it. Yet some folks (like myself) have yet to find that variant Warpath/Deadpool set.....

If I found something mis-marked, I'd try to take advantage. I wouldn't go through a ton of trouble but if it was easy pickins.....

I finally picked up my 2nd of the ML 2-packs, and it was the Black Widow and the Winter Soldier (original black suit).

Is it me but is the Valkyrie & Hulk set now becoming very hard to find!?!?!?!?!?

The BW is a very nice figure. While neither of the faces are perfect to me, I like the short haired head better. My problem is with the Winter Soldier. He has an excellent sculpt and design, it is his articulation that drives me crazy. In his shoulders, the ball joint movement is very limited. Normally the ball is cut so that range of lift is much higher in the shoulder. Not this time. Surprisingly the vest is simply soft plastic, but his lack of waist movement is disappointing.

Although he is based on the Nemesis Punisher mold, the Winter Soldier seems to have a far more restrictive range of motion than the Punisher ever had. Especially at the legs. The Hasbro V-crotch ball joint has always bothered me. I thought the Punisher was bad, but I had a really hard time getting any decent movement to pose WS.

Even his boots are thicker which makes the bend at the ankles almost non-existent.

What I did like is how well sculpted his gun holster. The thigh holster is so well designed it looks like the gun is an actual part of his leg, until you pop out the pistol and place it in his hand.

All in all, I like the figure. Sadly, I don't love it. Still waiting to find Hulk and Val so I can complete the 2-packs.

I finally picked up my 2nd of the ML 2-packs, and it was the Black Widow and the Winter Soldier (original black suit).

Is it me but is the Valkyrie & Hulk set now becoming very hard to find!?!?!?!?!?

The BW is a very nice figure. While neither of the faces are perfect to me, I like the short haired head better. My problem is with the Winter Soldier. He has an excellent sculpt and design, it is his articulation that drives me crazy. In his shoulders, the ball joint movement is very limited. Normally the ball is cut so that range of lift is much higher in the shoulder. Not this time. Surprisingly the vest is simply soft plastic, but his lack of waist movement is disappointing.

Although he is based on the Nemesis Punisher mold, the Winter Soldier seems to have a far more restrictive range of motion than the Punisher ever had. Especially at the legs. The Hasbro V-crotch ball joint has always bothered me. I thought the Punisher was bad, but I had a really hard time getting any decent movement to pose WS.

Even his boots are thicker which makes the bend at the ankles almost non-existent.

What I did like is how well sculpted his gun holster. The thigh holster is so well designed it looks like the gun is an actual part of his leg, until you pop out the pistol and place it in his hand.

All in all, I like the figure. Sadly, I don't love it. Still waiting to find Hulk and Val so I can complete the 2-packs.

If you still need 'em hit me up

Thanks for the info Wolvie. Trying to see if they re-up on my next TRU outing. I have a gift card and a coupon, so I will hope to save some money on my next purchase.

Have to laugh as I waited to get the Hulk/ Valkyrie set because I knew going in that the Warpath/ Deadpool set would be the top choice. I got hat one but can't see the Hulk set anywhere but online.