Marvel Legends 2 packs Finally Hit !

SolidSnakeInMyPants

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm not calling anyone anything. a scalper is a scalper. I'm not calling this guy or anyone here , a scalper. I was talking about scalping in general.

All I was saying is I, like many here find it irritating that after trying to squeeze in some time looking around at a couple stores , it sucks when one guy buys up all the stock then sells them.

Some people here are ok with that, and maybe if that happened to them after a long 12 or 36 hour shift, they come to a store and see one dude clean out all the stuff , maybe they would be like "oh well" and if that guy offered to sell them stuff for 3 to 4 times the original price maybe they would buy it. I don't argue with people on the internet, only face to face where there is an outlet and usually only when I'm trying to make a point to a friend or another loved one.

Everyone here is free to their opinion, and can buy or sell what ever they want. Some people feel irritated about other people's irritation towards scalping. If you want to get mad about other people getting mad about something then ok. Unless it's in my area then it really doesn't effect me.

Good luck to everyone. :smile:

Does anyone know when the two-packs might hit the Toys' r 'Us website? My closet TRU is over 100 miles away so hunting for these figures is always tough. I'm hoping they'll list the variants as well (though I'm sure they won't since they haven't previously).

Just to chime in on the whole scalping debate. I was glad to hear that he had left a substantial amount behind for fellow collectors and I respect that very much. I hate when people get to a retailer and clean house so they can sell it for double the rate. I think that is really uncool and makes me respect those guys less. When I used to live in Pittsburgh I met a guy who knew the truck schedules for every retailer and would systematically stop, pick up everything of value, and never leave anything behind for other collectors so he could sell all the rare and valuable figures on ebay.

Did anyone ever think that maybe... just maybe... they hit up in Times Square because (and only because) NYCC is going on right now? I don't think mass distribution is gonna happen until after this Con is over and people might be expecting a bit much right now.

Please pardon me if someone brought this up already.

Did anyone ever think that maybe... just maybe... they hit up in Times Square because (and only because) NYCC is going on right now? I don't think mass distribution is gonna happen until after this Con is over and people might be expecting a bit much right now.

Please pardon me if someone brought this up already.

You know what thats true... I remember when the Nemesis wave hit san diego wal-marts first during a comic con. But they hit mass retail about 1-2 weeks later. I think you are right on this one, due to fact that no one else has reported on picking them up out side of 1 toys r us in NY.

i know their are a lot of people who hate the scalpers out their. one guy buying up all the stock is wrong as well. one thing we have to take into consideration is that this creates a secondary market for these action figures. without the secondary market we would not have cool collectible action figures like we do now. the toy companies know it.

AHHHHH,,,, well it seems that the video my buddy put up caused a frenzy! A hand full of vendors at NYCC watched the video and ran to Toysrus to buy up everything. Thats why you are seeing these 2 packs at NYCC stands going for that crazy price. Im trying to figure out a way to let the Marvel Legends community know when stuff like this happens exclusively so we can weed out the scalpers and vendors at least for a while til everyone gets hooked up! Then post the hot info on Marvelousnews. I think Im gonna work on gathering emails from the entire community and sending out release info as I get it. Would anyone be interested in that?

AHHHHH,,,, well it seems that the video my buddy put up caused a frenzy! A hand full of vendors at NYCC watched the video and ran to Toysrus to buy up everything. Thats why you are seeing these 2 packs at NYCC stands going for that crazy price. Im trying to figure out a way to let the Marvel Legends community know when stuff like this happens exclusively so we can weed out the scalpers and vendors at least for a while til everyone gets hooked up! Then post the hot info on Marvelousnews. I think Im gonna work on gathering emails from the entire community and sending out release info as I get it. Would anyone be interested in that?

I would that would be great. ill give you my e-mail we need to fight the man underground lol ha ha ha

what happens if someone in your community scalps? that to me almost sounds like you want your community to hoard everything first...

what happens if someone in your community scalps? that to me almost sounds like you want your community to hoard everything first...

Impossible,,, imagine we buy everything at Trus,, and we equally distribute 1 of each to everyone in the marvelousnews and YouTube community ! I usually send an email, I get paypaled by people who trust me,,, I use my paypal card to make the purchases. Building trust is the first step . That's something we have accomplished on YouTube. My face and name is very reputable among YouTube and forums, it was hard , but I did it. I can start with a few marvelousnews members and build from their. Captaincool and froo2 are two that I will start with and go from their.

Impossible,,, imagine we buy everything at Trus,, and we equally distribute 1 of each to everyone in the marvelousnews and YouTube community ! I usually send an email, I get paypaled by people who trust me,,, I use my paypal card to make the purchases. Building trust is the first step . That's something we have accomplished on YouTube. My face and name is very reputable among YouTube and forums, it was hard , but I did it. I can start with a few marvelousnews members and build from their. Captaincool and froo2 are two that I will start with and go from their.

good to know there is some sort of plan or organizing put into this...sign me up?

You the man, Solid!!!!!!!!