New Marvel Legends Speculation

Professor

So Hasbro is saying that Marvel Legends will be making a return "in a big way" in 2012. Any speculation as to what the line might include etc. etc.?

They say they will no longer be using ToyBiz scuplts. Does that mean we won't see anymore Bullseye bodies, which is one of their favorites, or the Hulking body, which has been used on Crossbones and Warpath?

yeah well i wait and see. since hasbro took over nothing realy great came out for me. just repaints of repaints and allready existing charaters. some say that marvel universe figs are great but i dont like them. not enough details and the paint jobs are horrible. (thats my opinion.) i hope for the relaunch that hasbro has learned something because i am tired of waiting. in a way i dont wanna jump on the new 2 packs because i have a feeling that hasbro will do something a lot different then the ones that came out now. i wait.

now for the relaunch i hope that they go the dcuc way. they kick ass with this line. i also hope that they dont go poor with articulations. dcuc articulations are fine by me. sure double knee and elbow joints are always welcome. i am in no need of finger articulations do. it could be cool to have an extra pair of hands with some characters like wolverine and hulk. other then this i hope "ONCE AGAIN" that hasbro is up to the task and please ohhhh please "painted faces". dont come with plastic colored skin tone. yark ugly. it makes the figures look cheep.

i heard that hasbro will have some news at new york toyfare??? when is that? it was always around february and now people are talking of this month? is that the same toyfare or are their any variations??

yeah well i wait and see. since hasbro took over nothing realy great came out for me. just repaints of repaints and allready existing charaters. some say that marvel universe figs are great but i dont like them. not enough details and the paint jobs are horrible. (thats my opinion.) i hope for the relaunch that hasbro has learned something because i am tired of waiting. in a way i dont wanna jump on the new 2 packs because i have a feeling that hasbro will do something a lot different then the ones that came out now. i wait.

now for the relaunch i hope that they go the dcuc way. they kick ass with this line. i also hope that they dont go poor with articulations. dcuc articulations are fine by me. sure double knee and elbow joints are always welcome. i am in no need of finger articulations do. it could be cool to have an extra pair of hands with some characters like wolverine and hulk. other then this i hope "ONCE AGAIN" that hasbro is up to the task and please ohhhh please "painted faces". dont come with plastic colored skin tone. yark ugly. it makes the figures look cheep.

i heard that hasbro will have some news at new york toyfare??? when is that? it was always around february and now people are talking of this month? is that the same toyfare or are their any variations??

It started today. Heres hoping we get pics or something for upcoming Legends. The Marvel universe stuff on display today are awsome ( but the size suks, wish legends will be too. I do not buy MU so I get the Big figs, frost giant, goliath....

I would love to see them release a multiple man in 6 inch, a gladiator, and a jubilee. I will probably end up buying all of the new Marvel Legends figures. I am not expecting them to be Toybiz Marvel Legends but as long as they are decent I will get them. I don't know what to say though man have a look at those new Diamond selects. All I can say is wow they really have stepped up the bar for what you can do in terms of sculpt and paint. Look at that new Gambit man wow! I am going to build a Marvel Selects X-men for sure!

It started today. Heres hoping we get pics or something for upcoming Legends. The Marvel universe stuff on display today are awsome ( but the size suks, wish legends will be too. I do not buy MU so I get the Big figs, frost giant, goliath....

thats the second time this happens to me. i wonder when it starts and the day after the pics are allready on the net. lol lol. thanks for the headsup.

• 2 weeks later...
Every toy company must see the evolution Japan is doing in that department: interchangeable heads and hands. Hasbro as already done that with their two packs and IM figures, why not continue the trend!?

I wish Hasbro would have done interchangeable hands and heads for the new Deadpool. It would have been awesome to get sword gripping hands and gun gripping hands and closed fists. As for the head a scarred unmasked head would have been cool and maybe even a partially unmasked head, like when Wade pulls up his mask to drink a cold one.

"I dont want to spoil anything,,,,, but,,, my reliable inside source,,,,very reliable,,, says they are banging out some 6". They also presented Marvel with 7 new marvel legends for approval moving forward for 2012. OK,,, I gotta hold back a little for later. LOL

Also,,, thank all of you for subscribing to my youtube channel,,, it means alot to me! VIVA LOS LEGENDS,,,LOL"

Solid made this post in the Thor and Captain America 6" movie line thread. Any guesses or speculation or heard any rumors as to who the 7 Marvel Legends may be????

NY Toy Fair, is in February, but I wouldn't expect to see any real new ML news there. The earliest I would suspect we might see something on whats in store for 2012 is perhaps SDCC which is next summer. We could maybe see some news on 6" movie figures at Toy Fair, like more on those Iron Man figures that were shown at SDCC last year, but we will have to wait and see.

NY Toy Fair, is in February, but I wouldn't expect to see any real new ML news there. The earliest I would suspect we might see something on whats in store for 2012 is perhaps SDCC which is next summer. We could maybe see some news on 6" movie figures at Toy Fair, like more on those Iron Man figures that were shown at SDCC last year, but we will have to wait and see.

at most, at nytf, i would expect a poll

we're always gonna see some unofficial news before SDCC and maybe even NYTF. Hopefully Solid will spill the beans soon.

we're always gonna see some unofficial news before SDCC and maybe even NYTF. Hopefully Solid will spill the beans soon.

he shouldnt had been so sure of himself when he said next week he would have news, and its been almost been two weeks

@ Solid: Thanks for sharing! What did they look like? Was DD a repaint of the Holocaust wave? Were these prototypes? What did you think of them? Were you allowed to take pictures? How many figures did you see in total? Were the previous prototypes still included in the 2012 selection? ...

I love that ML is coming back!!!

Alright ,,,, a few of the figures I seen where,

1. Daredevil Shadowland

2. Deadpool X-Force (2 pack repaint)

3. Rogue green x-men outfit

4. Tigershark was mentioned (made from toybiz spiderman classics mold Venom with moving jaw and snot rocket)

you also mentioned 6 inch movie figures in the cap/thor thread any updates on that?

Solid thanks man for sharing that with us.

I'm stoked to hear that a new Rogue is in the works. I think the face of the ToyBiz Rogue was kind of ugly and it was super hard to find. Hasbro has been doing a great job with the ladies so maybe they'll give this southern bell her due charm.

The others sound pretty cool too. Will be curious to see how Tiger Shark turns out.

I agree with that venom being kind of a big base, also his legs are kind of skinny. Another thing that bothers me is the skin and texture of the figure. Sharks are smooth and rough, not slimmy and vaighny I dont think this venom figure is a good choice for tiger shark. If they smooth it out and add sculpt lines for his suit it might work.