New Marvel Legends Speculation

Professor

In this post: http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=2...mp;itemid=13382

At the bottom there is a news bit on Marvel Legends stating:

"Also don't expect to see a re-release of the old Toy Biz figures under the Hasbro banner, but we could possibly see updated sculpted figures of characters previously released by Toy Biz"

I'm pretty sure I also read somewhere that Hasbro explicitly stated they would no longer be using the ToyBiz sculpts.

To be honest I'll believe it when I see the new figures. I think the Hulkling body has worked well for Crossbones and Warpath but I'm sick of seeing the Bullseye body. From Quicksilver on it has looked really cheap and not done justice for those characters that have ended up with it.

Alright ,,,, a few of the figures I seen where,

1. Daredevil Shadowland

2. Deadpool X-Force (2 pack repaint)

3. Rogue green x-men outfit

4. Tigershark was mentioned (made from toybiz spiderman classics mold Venom with moving jaw and snot rocket)

Are these the ones coming out in 2012? Seems weird to wait that long for a simple repaint of deadpool.

The Daredevil was the same one used in the Nemesis wave with a repaint. Remember,,, most of there prototypes are custom figures. Then they start sculpting and changing parts if they decide to make the figure. Then it goes into production. Everything I saw, were customs. They are not final,,,,, I hope. LOL

The Rogue looked the best !

These figures are custom prototypes. They still have to be approved by Marvel to be made. These figures always get re-tooled and re-done if they make the cut. This is, speculation, like forum thread says,,LOL. They did look pretty cool,,,, especially the rogue in green outfit!

Hey Solid, was the Rogue green outfit the current one or the classic green/black one?

@SSIM

Do you have any info on the size? Will they keep doing the short, thin and small guys, or bulk em up like the first 2 series TB figures?

What you are seeing with the new 2 packs is the direction that they are heading

Deadpool and Warpath are TB molds. Hulk was a TB Proto. Hasbro said they won´t be using those anymore, so they aren´t going that way.

Winter Soldier / Black Widow are original, descent in size and cool sculpts, so, there might be a future with the line.

I hope they re-release classic Cap. America, Thor, Ironman and some others, cause my TB ones, due to their lose joints, fell from the shelf, and now they´re broken.

i think what they were saying was that if/when they redid a figure toybiz already did, they wouldn't use the exact sculpt TB did.

That's what I thought, too. Here's to a new Scarlet Witch.

in order, these are the female figs i want Hasbro to redo:

Black Cat

Scarlet Witch

Mystique

Lady Deathstrike

Black Widow - Yelena Belova from Dark Reign (w/ removable heads - one helmeted and one w/o helmet)

These ones just need better head sculpts really:

Jean Gray Phoenix - Green and Red

Ms Marvel

Spiderwoman

And while they are doing that, they should completely redo Emma Frost.

Ms Marvel

i think what they were saying was that if/when they redid a figure toybiz already did, they wouldn't use the exact sculpt TB did.

That's what I thought, too. Here's to a new Scarlet Witch.

in order, these are the female figs i want Hasbro to redo:

Black Cat

Scarlet Witch

Mystique

Lady Deathstrike

Black Widow - Yelena Belova from Dark Reign (w/ removable heads - one helmeted and one w/o helmet)

These ones just need better head sculpts really:

Jean Gray Phoenix - Green and Red

Ms Marvel

Spiderwoman

And while they are doing that, they should completely redo Emma Frost.

Ms Marvel

Right, I forgot Black Cat and Emma those are in serious need of redos.

I think it is high time that Hasbro follow the trends in the Marvel movies and TV shows. For example, the Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes show is hitting its stride. Why don't they focus on figures like the show's characters like Ant Man, Wasp or Thor. I'd like a full rotocast of Giant Man, since not too many people have this character in that red costume in like 18" inch form (not the ICONS sculpt again please, that one is to slender for a Giant Man) or the Mandroids. The Executioner has never been done ever in Legends form. How about a new Black Panther, Man Ape or Enchantress. Also a new Hawkeye figure to go with the Black Widow ? And please rerelease the FO HULK and retool him with fists this time. That is a real perfect sculpt. Do Cap with a Bad Ass motorcycle or that Avengers' Sky Cycle as a pack-in.

• 2 months later...