Finger-Articulation vs. Hand-Sculpts

Professor

I am a huge fan of Marvel Legends and I really liked the ToyBiz Legends but I'm really starting to like the Hasbro Legends. One big difference between the two has been the treatment of the hands, ToyBiz going with finger articulation while Hasbro has sculpted hands (that when we're lucky figures have had interchangeable hands). I just wondered what most people's opinions are of the hand treatment.

I personally am a fan of a nice sculpted hand. One thing that I've never really liked is finger articulation. I feel it makes the hand look ugly but it also never seems to work as well as a sculpted hand, especially for holding accessories such as guns. I really like the idea of sculpted hands for form and functionality. I like figures that come with interchangeable sculpted hands but I want to hear your opinions out there.

I agree with you! I dig interchangeable hands! I get a better grip for my weapons over all. I wish they would have packed extra hands with my winter soldier. He has a left closed fist,,,, damn,,, Im gonna have to customize it ! I think characters that are hand to hand combat should have articulated hands that can hold and close into a fist. Either way I would be happy with extra hands too. Lets see what comes in 2012!

as long as it is done right, i love both.

TB did really good until they over used the dis-proportioned hands on the Captain Marvell body (see Quicksilver, Nova, etc.) and the horrible finger articulated hand on Luke Cage. Sculpted hands that hold things well (like the various Thor figures, Black Knight, Namor and the such) are great as well, because each hero is a fighter, so you need at least one fist.

The figures that suffered on both ends are the Face-Off Hulk and the Gray/ Classic Hulk from the FFF wave (he needed a solid fist on at least one of those hands).

Hasbro has done well with their hand sculpts for the most part. Just give us the option of a sculpted hand that can be like a fist, but can hold smething like a rope or a pipe, such as Spider-Man, and then i think we can all be happy