BEST Marvel Legends wave pound for pound???

MrDizzle

I know we're all excited about what's coming up, but looking back AAALLLLLLLlllll the way back to series 1 to now, which wave offered the best characters, sculpts, variants and originality? I was reorganizing my shelves and for the most part I have them wave by wave and not necessarily w/ their respective teams or enemies. That said, I'll give my top 3:

1. Toy Biz Wave 6 - Juggernaut, Deadpool, Cable, Wolverine, Phoenix, Thomas Jane Punisher, Dark Phoenix & "original" Cable. I think it's a no brainer. Yeah it's a bit X-Men heavy but overall, I love this line. Deadpool, Wolverine, Phoenix & the Punisher are near perfect likeness figures w/ few faults. Juggernaut is amazing except for the giant monkey arms and if there is a weak link, it would be Cable but even he looks good. Dark Phoenix is tan excellent choice for a variant and the old Xforce Cable especially now w/ the variant Warpath along w/ Cannonball & Domino is equally awesome. Weaknesses would be the monkey arms of Juggernaut, the phoenix..uh...Phoenix and the lack of cool futuristic guns on Cable. Even the 'weak link' in the Punisher is a solid figure w/ great accessories & an excellent trench coat.

2. Toy Biz Wave 5 - again, IMO a very solid wave. Colossus & Silver Surfer are excellent. Sabretooth, Mr Fantastic are both good. Hard for me to judge Blade as I don't care for it myself but it seems like a good likeness and a ton of accessories which back then for $7 was a steal. Nick Fury is so-so because I don't like the body reuse and Red Skull is pretty dreadful. Weaknesses would be the size of Mr. Fantastic. I wish he was a bit taller. I set up up next to the other Illuminati recently and he was dwarfed by all since I had Dr. Strange on a flight stand. Sabretooth is a bit skinny and Red Skull is just overall bad.

3. Toy Biz Wave 10 - the Sentinel series. positives : Cyclops (both), Angel (both) Black Panther, Spiderman & Omega Red. Neutral - Mr. Sinister. Bad - Mystique. Cyclops' only complaint from me is the lack of torso articulation. I had hoped for the Jim Lee version when it was announced but we got XFactor duds. Angel in either color (I prefer blue) is awesome. Had they done a blue skinned variant, that'd been more fun I think. Omega Red is awesome but the fact that he had the same tentacles as the Sentinel always irked me as super lazy. Black Panther is awesome though I hated most resues of that body. Sinister was good if not a little too tall. The lack of wrist articulation bugged me as well. Mystique is just a tragedy. TB had an excellent female body in Phoenix and took a giant step in reverse here. I'll never understand. They really dropped the ball here. And of course Sentinel. A bit to many wires showing but overall, they display so well. Curious to see how they stack up against the Hasbro versions.

4. Hasbro two packs, series 2, wave 1. Red Hand Ninja/Nick Fury (or Shield agent), Kree/Skrull soldiers & classic Iron Man/Maria Hill. The ultimate army building series of any line. Technically teh only non builder is Iron Man himself as SHIELD always needs a good amount of ladies at the helm. I still buy these sets when I see them and will continue to do so because the figures are all on point AND it boasts probably the best Iron Man figure to date! Awesome awesome figures w/ no flaws I can think of. I should probably rank them at 3, not 4.

Honorable mention:

Toy Biz Wave 15

Toy Biz Wave 7 (had Apocalypse been good, this would be my favorite but his horrible figures kills the line for me)

So what say you guys??

Im with you on wave 6 just because deadpool, cable, juggernaut, and Wolverine are all cool a$$ characters, now saying that do I think those are the best figuers... No. Cable is way to small, weird looking face, Deadpool shoulders are horrible, for arms not that impresive, juggernaut is cool and his arms never botherd me that much(comic accurate),but his clown looking boots look goofy. Wolverine is an excellent figure, sculpt, paint, comic accurate, great posing. One of the best figures of all time.

2nd I would say 8. The characters are not that strong but they are very good figures with new topnotch sculpts and articulation. First off the captain america new flawless sculpt, another one of the best body sculpts of all time. It would pave the way for the perfect Face off captain america. Man thing very awsome perfect new sculpt, he could have been bigger. Dock ock another Individual sculpt made especially for one figure. Iron man I had never seen a Action figure made this way before. so toy biz really went all out on this wave

3rd The Red Hulk wave was one of my favorites: Red Hulk, Black spider-man, wolverine yellow and black, gladiator silver surfer, union jack, spiral.... All solid figures and characters. The best Hasbro had put out at the time.

I think you might have a little favoratisim to the X-Men Characters, Im just guessing?

For me it would have to be as follows.

1. Face-Off Series 1. I loved every figure in this set. It gave us the best Hulk and Captain America to date. It also gave us some great villains like The Kingpin, The Leader, Red Skull and Baron Strucker. And that Daredevil (despite his bad shoulders) was my favorite DD until the recent Hasbro red variant came along. And to tell you the truth, it's still a bit of a toss-up for me. I had never really thought about it until you posted the question, but this is just about the only series that I wanted every single figure from. So, I guess by default that makes it my favorite.

2. Giant-Man Series. When I found this wave at Wal-Mart I was so stoked. This wave gave us what is still my favorite Thor figure ever, as well as Havok, Ant-Man, Captain Britain and Ms. Marvel. Not a big fan of the AOA stuff or Sentry, and I can take or leave Kitty, but it is still one of my all-time favorite waves.

3. Series 6 and 7 (tie). Series 6 gave us the best Wolverine figure ever and The Juggernaut who is still one of my all-time favorite Legends period. I like Cable and Phoenix as well, but neither is a favorite character of mine. As for the Punisher... I don't buy movie figures, and I never did find a Deadpool at retail, so I don't own him, which affects my opinion of this series overall. Series 7 gave us Hawkeye, The Vision and classic Ghost Rider. All figures that I love. They are the only ones I bought from this wave, but I really like them so much that it places the entire series high on my list.

4. Series 13 (Onslaught). What can say, I like having villains for my heroes to fight, and this Wave gave us nothing but. The awesomeness of the Green Goblin alone puts this one near the top of my faves. But we also got excellent figures of The Abomination, Loki, Blackheart and Pyro. Lady Deathstrike was the weak link here, and I didn't care for the BAF. I actually sold him on Ebay because I had no use for him.

5. Hasbro Two Packs Series 2. This gave us the perfect classic Ironman figure and Hand Ninja vs. Shield Agents army builder packs, not to mention the Skrulls and Kree... nuff said.

I know we're all excited about what's coming up, but looking back AAALLLLLLLlllll the way back to series 1 to now, which wave offered the best characters, sculpts, variants and originality? I was reorganizing my shelves and for the most part I have them wave by wave and not necessarily w/ their respective teams or enemies. That said, I'll give my top 3:

1. Toy Biz Wave 6 - Juggernaut, Deadpool, Cable, Wolverine, Phoenix, Thomas Jane Punisher, Dark Phoenix & "original" Cable. I think it's a no brainer. Yeah it's a bit X-Men heavy but overall, I love this line. Deadpool, Wolverine, Phoenix & the Punisher are near perfect likeness figures w/ few faults. Juggernaut is amazing except for the giant monkey arms and if there is a weak link, it would be Cable but even he looks good. Dark Phoenix is tan excellent choice for a variant and the old Xforce Cable especially now w/ the variant Warpath along w/ Cannonball & Domino is equally awesome. Weaknesses would be the monkey arms of Juggernaut, the phoenix..uh...Phoenix and the lack of cool futuristic guns on Cable. Even the 'weak link' in the Punisher is a solid figure w/ great accessories & an excellent trench coat.

2. Toy Biz Wave 5 - again, IMO a very solid wave. Colossus & Silver Surfer are excellent. Sabretooth, Mr Fantastic are both good. Hard for me to judge Blade as I don't care for it myself but it seems like a good likeness and a ton of accessories which back then for $7 was a steal. Nick Fury is so-so because I don't like the body reuse and Red Skull is pretty dreadful. Weaknesses would be the size of Mr. Fantastic. I wish he was a bit taller. I set up up next to the other Illuminati recently and he was dwarfed by all since I had Dr. Strange on a flight stand. Sabretooth is a bit skinny and Red Skull is just overall bad.

3. Toy Biz Wave 10 - the Sentinel series. positives : Cyclops (both), Angel (both) Black Panther, Spiderman & Omega Red. Neutral - Mr. Sinister. Bad - Mystique. Cyclops' only complaint from me is the lack of torso articulation. I had hoped for the Jim Lee version when it was announced but we got XFactor duds. Angel in either color (I prefer blue) is awesome. Had they done a blue skinned variant, that'd been more fun I think. Omega Red is awesome but the fact that he had the same tentacles as the Sentinel always irked me as super lazy. Black Panther is awesome though I hated most resues of that body. Sinister was good if not a little too tall. The lack of wrist articulation bugged me as well. Mystique is just a tragedy. TB had an excellent female body in Phoenix and took a giant step in reverse here. I'll never understand. They really dropped the ball here. And of course Sentinel. A bit to many wires showing but overall, they display so well. Curious to see how they stack up against the Hasbro versions.

4. Hasbro two packs, series 2, wave 1. Red Hand Ninja/Nick Fury (or Shield agent), Kree/Skrull soldiers & classic Iron Man/Maria Hill. The ultimate army building series of any line. Technically teh only non builder is Iron Man himself as SHIELD always needs a good amount of ladies at the helm. I still buy these sets when I see them and will continue to do so because the figures are all on point AND it boasts probably the best Iron Man figure to date! Awesome awesome figures w/ no flaws I can think of. I should probably rank them at 3, not 4.

Honorable mention:

Toy Biz Wave 15

Toy Biz Wave 7 (had Apocalypse been good, this would be my favorite but his horrible figures kills the line for me)

So what say you guys??

i totally agree with u!! the only other i would include is the first set of face offs. 

on a side note, the movie Punisher was for wave 7, not wave 6.

Some of my faves:

Wave 3 is what got me into collecting Legends. Thor and Ghost Rider were 2 of my first figures.

Waves 5 - 8 had me going crazy prowling the aisles.

While I like the X-Men, i am a huge Avengers fan so when wave 7 & 8 offered the Vision, Hawkeye, Black Widow, and the Modern Iron-Man, i went crazy for them. Plus I also got Colossus, Sabrettoth, Apocalypse (still like him), Cable, brown Wolvie, Deadpool, Juggernaut, and Phoenix!!! Nearly every figure in those waves were perfect!!!!

However the best waves were: The Giant-Man series: THOR!!! Ms. Marvel, Kitty Pryde, Havok, and the Sentry!!!! "Nuff Said!"

Face-Off series 1: Captain America vs Red-Skull! Awesome!!! Add that with a pretty good Hulk vs Leader, and a Dardevil vs Kingpin, and you had a winning set of 2 - packs.

Best Box set: Spider-Man's Fearsome Foes: The Lizard, Rhino, & the Vulture made this a must own.

Hasbro: series 2 with Lord Thor, She-Hulk, Yellow Jacket, and Quicksilver: THE AVENGERS!!!

The blob was great, as well. The rest were just filler.

Hasbro 2-Packs: Elektra vs Ronin, Hand Ninja vs SHIELD, and the SKrull vs Kree were all great!!!