Marvel Legends: deformed, authencity, difficulty

vyan

So I recently bought the entire BAF sentinel series and after purchasing these toys for the first time I have some burning questions I want to find out. I am new, so forgive me for these stupid questions.

1. are you suppose to hear a snap when you put the sentinel together? I am not weak but i have troubles putting the left leg on. I can still pull it off no matter how hard I push it in the socket. I dont hear a snap.

2. Is your first appearance spider man suppose to have this deformed right leg like this?(see image below)

DSC_0192.jpg

3. are there fake marvel legend toys out there?

I have a similar problem with that figure too. Mine is the right leg it's not bent but it's kind weird in the knee and it doesn't go all the way back in the double joint. I was a little upset by it at first but now it doesn't bother me anymore since I mostly got it for the BAF piece plus there's plenty of Spider-Man figures out there like the Hasbro remake of the Mcfarlane Spidey which is the one I display. I, too buy figures on ebay my advice is be careful with the figures specially Toy Biz since while they are mostly great figures the plastic can be flimsy and can lead to badly shaped figures. You can also pose the figure in a way that the problem isn't noticeable and display it like that.

To fix that leg heat it up with a hair dryer for a good 30 seconds (you will know when it is ready because it will be kinda flimsy) immediately after that hold it in a straightened position and run cold water from the tap over it for about 15- 20 second. That should harden the plastic back to where it needs to be permenantly. Hope this helps you out. I have learned many tricks over the years makig customs and that has saved many a crappy figure.

Hey guys

thanks for those comments.

It kinda sucks that most of the figures that i got so far have some defects to it. Spider-man's leg was the worst, but most of them had some bad paint jobs that makes me wonder if there are fakes out there. or maybe i just happened to have bad luck.

im getting a second set of Sentinel series. I dont know why, i should've bought the sentinel figure. Now i will have two of everything.

That Spidey leg is an EASY fix -- when the figures are packed it often happens that one of the joints doesnt quite fit right in the package and after is sits that way for an extended time the plastic conforms to the new position. this is something you will simply have to deal with (in fact my 3 3/4' carnage right leg was bent terribly and this fixed the leg iin a few seconds - carnage is perfect now!)

- a method that's always worked for me is to get a coffee mug fill it w water put in microwave and heat it till it boils. take it out of the microwave and immerse the warped part in the water - taking care that it can rest in the cup w out being pressed against the sides of the cup - the plastic will return to it's original factory molded shape. only rarely was i unable to get this to fix this problem. i have 2 of those spideys and i fixed that problem on both of them using this method. the hair dryer method probably works too - boiling water just heats the part faster

To fix that leg heat it up with a hair dryer for a good 30 seconds (you will know when it is ready because it will be kinda flimsy) immediately after that hold it in a straightened position and run cold water from the tap over it for about 15- 20 second. That should harden the plastic back to where it needs to be permenantly. Hope this helps you out. I have learned many tricks over the years makig customs and that has saved many a crappy figure.

you can sub boiling water for hair dryer.

Yeah, but when I am in my work room, a hair dryer nearby has been the fastest and most convenient fix. Time is money.

Yeah, but when I am in my work room, a hair dryer nearby has been the fastest and most convenient fix. Time is money.

cool. but i figured that not every toy collector has a hair dryer. ;)

Every toy collector with a wife does. :smile:

Every toy collector with a wife does. :smile:

Com on guys we are in a Marvel Legends drought and you two are having a HEATED debate over hairdryer and boiling water. LOL thats awesome

how would I know if a variant is fake or not?

I am trying to collect all iron man figures

also, i apologize for complaining so much but I got my 2nd set of sentinel series figure and the torso on the first one was VERY VERY flimsy.

but this new one, its so much stiffer.....such bad luck for me T_T

You could always post a pic we could tell you what was real.

I have seen some knockoffs from mexico on ebay.

how would I know if a variant is fake or not?

I am trying to collect all iron man figures

also, i apologize for complaining so much but I got my 2nd set of sentinel series figure and the torso on the first one was VERY VERY flimsy.

but this new one, its so much stiffer.....such bad luck for me T_T

You could always post a pic we could tell you what was real.

I have seen some knockoffs from mexico on ebay.

That can be true when i buy from eBay i like to 1. Buy in bulk from same seller you spend a lot of money on shipping if you buy one fig here and there. 2. Check there score for real if they have like over 200 sells and little to no neg feed back thats a good seller and stick to buying from the same seller as posible sometimes they notice you and sell cheaper. 3. buy only from sellers from north america not hating on other countrys but its easier to get your money back if something is terably wrong. i bought a giant man once and never got it so i called eBay and the day i called i got my money back. basicly be a smart shopper dont just oh wow $5 i want it do as much backgroound check on where you buying from. :spidey_read_thread:

• 4 years later...

I should have said obvious knockoff, some are pretty funny.

Seen a few from china with mixed parts like black panther body with wolverine head and it was named x-man victor.

Exactly! Check the figure before you buy them against the database here or at Marvellegends.net. There weren't many fakes from the ToyBiz era. Just poor quality control issues. Any variants not listed on either of these two sites are fakes. Especially TB figures since they come in those non resealable clam shells. They are some overflows, factory rejects and cancelled figure bodies from Hasbro being sold from Asia on ebay but wouldn't recommend them unless you are a customizer. For instance I missed out on the XForce Wolverine and can't find one at a price I was willing to pay. So I got one of the headless paint rejects and fitted him with one of the old heads. I just matched the silver paint as close as I could fixing the uneven lines. Easy fix for me.