Thanks Hasbro!!!

BigBearJahlon

Normally in the forums there is a lot of "I hate Hasbro" talk. Truth be told, some of it is well deserved and the rest just overkill. Today, I want to actually tell Hasbro "Thanks" for doing some things right over the past few years in hopes that they will continue the positive stuff and keep us happy. And JUST IN CASE YOU ARE WONDERING, by "US" I mean the core of Marvel Legends collectors.

Ok, here we go:

Thanks Hasbro: for keeping Legends alive!!! Yes, you have strung us along for the past 3 years, but over the course of that time we finally got the Nemesis series, and several sets of 2-Packs. The 2-Packs were actually the best things offered by your company in a while. You even gave us some 6-inch figures via the Spider-Man lines. While only a few of them were good, at least we were able to get a decent Green Goblin, a new Juggernaut, and the Tarantula.

Thanks Hasbro: for giving us at least one decent movie line: Iron-Man! While both movies saw the most re-use of one mold since Mattel, at least we were able to get 2 villains, the Iron Monger, and the video game based Titanium Man. The really good news is that there will be an Iron-Man Legends series with a modern comic book version of the Titanium Man, and a modern design of the Crimson Dynamo. just one question: WHERE IS WHIPLASH??

Thanks Hasbro: for at least trying to give us some coupons to save money on toys!!! Now please be nice and lower the price or give us more pack-ins like comics or accesories or something!!!

Thanks Hasbro: for giving us various figures that collectors actually wanted. As a fan of the Avengers, it was good to see more than X-Men related characters in the various series line-ups. Hasbro gave us Lord Thor, She-Hulk, Quicksilver, Astonishing Cyclops, Yellow Jacket, The Blob, Wendigo, Black Bolt, an improved Daredevil, an actual silver Silver Surfer, Hydra Soldiers, Cannonball, Marvel Girl, Fin Fang Foom, and my favorites: the Black Knight and Nova.

and yes, while not all of them are superb (Namor, Tigra, add a choice here), at least you gave us something new.

Even the 2-Packs give us new and/ or improved figures: Elektra, Ronin, the Hand Ninja, Valkyrie, Black Widow, Deadpool, and Warpath are all great additions to the Legends figures.

Big Thanks for that Hasbro!!!

Thanks Hasbro; for the Gigantic Battles sets. Most of us were pretty mad at the Marvel Universe figures. Not so much that you made them, but that Hasbro seemingly abandoned ML for MU. However, with the Gigantic Battles, you kill two birds with one stone and make both sets of collectors happy. The Giant Man Skrull was all types of awesome. The new version of Galactus is fantastic. And if you are a Thor lover like me, I can't wait to collect a few of those up-coming Frost Giant sets. When is the release date so I can save up???

Thanks Hasbro: for the few re-releases that allowed someone like me to catch up on figures that I originally missed. Thanks to Hasbro I was able to get the ML version of Doc Ock under the Spider-Man line. Through the Ares series, I was able to get the Kang figure that came out originally under the 2nd series of the Fantastic Four. Finally, I was able to get the Super Skrull under the banner of the Skrull vs Kree 2-pack. And although he is not a re-issue, just a re-do, it was even nice to own the Absorbing Man via the Hulk Legends.

Thanks for new designs that did not use the Taskmaster/ Quicksilver/ add your name here buck. such as:

Ronin, the Hand Ninja, SHIELD agents, Nemesis wave Daredevil, and the Winter Soldier.

Thanks for at least listening to the collectors: some were able to get the fan choice of Sunfire, and now the 2010 packs were of fan choices of Valkyrie, Black Widow, and Warpath. After the teasers of Legends such as: Magneto, Aurora, Northstar, Silver Smaurai, the Constrictor, the Hood, and the rest, we hope that the ML return in 2012 will be worth the wait. (Geez, why do we have to wait a whole year??? What are you going to give us outside of Iron-Man Legends in the meanwhile???)

Although we know that you guys are said to no longer use the old Toy Biz molds, but new designs, PLEASE STOP THE V-CROTCH !!!!!!! Base a new mold off of the articualtion model of the Face-Off Captain America. And, PLEASE STOP MAKING SOME OF THE FIGURES INTO 5-INCH MODELS!!!!!

Oh yeah, if you can give us the new Bi-Beast, that has improved size and articulation, with the video game version's sculpt, then you have a winner on your hands!!!

... and once again, Thanks Hasbro!!!

Looking forward to what you have in store in the up-coming years!!!

anything you guys want to thanks Hasbro for?

I'm with ya BigBear. I thought for a while Hasbro was purposely trying to tank the legends line as an excuse to go solely with Universe, but they've tried to keep the fire going. I have a lot of hope for 2012. I don't think we'll ever go back to the heyday of the Toybiz era, but at this point with such a large collection of figures to work worth, everything we get from here on out is gravy.

Listen, I know Hasbro has messed up ... A LOT!!!

Yet, not everything has been bad. They have given us some decent product.

I feel you both: Ninjak & TyHiFive, but you both had to by at least one or two good figures from Hasbro!!!

@ Roshan, I really thought Hasbro was looking at their contract with Marvel as nothing more than a lucrative make money deal where they decided to screw a built in fan-base. My whole issue with Hasbro is that why do to Marvel what you would NEVER do to Transformers, GI Joe, or Star Wars?

Ie- crap on the buyers and re-arrange everything in mid-stride.

But as of late, things appear to be looking up. So I hope good things come with 5 - 6 years left on the deal!

sorry man but i can not thank hasbro for much. 2012 is way ahead and knowing hasbro, they will delay the new legends line once again. like they always do with every wave that came out so far. the movie line didn't had any actor likeness at all. the armors were well done but international buyers were not considered once again. paintings on the 3 3/4 line was realy crappy. i had to look on at least 15 iron man figures to find one that is actually well painted. wave 2 never made it around here. wave 2 with warmachine never came to france,germany or belgium. 3 huge countrys and nothing. the 2 pack werent that great for me because yet some other hulk, wolverine, black widow, fantastic four member, electra, deadpool to go along with a figure you actualy want. for a guy who just started yuuhuu but for the one who has allready these characters it is kind of mehhh. ok thanks for the better sculpts of the girls. but toybiz did better with x-treme rogue, so they knew what to do once it was to late. sorry i find nothing great with what hasbro had to offer the last few years, rehashes and repaints was everything. tarantula was a dwarf and demogoblin was a repaint nothing more included. juggernaut looked like a canonball and the articulations on a spidey line wasnt needed at all either. why should spidey or venom have new articulations??? lol. i wanted to get some 3 3/4 figures but these most have some of the worst face sculpts ever. machines and monsters look good but actualy human heads are not looking good with the 3 3/4 line. hasbro is a dissapointment and a lot of people knew that as soon as they took over. just some idiots like me are always coming back here and hope for the better, instead of letting go and move on and be happy with what we got with toybiz. all this is how i see it so please dont take it personal and believe that i am attacking someone with intention.

You're right, we shouldn't be thanking a giant faceless corporation. We should be thanking the design team for continuing to push out product for the 6" line, and thank the head of boys toys for continuing to green light what they put out.

My point is that I don't think we should be thanking ANY giant faceless, soulless corporation for "allowing" us to buy their products and/or services. They should be thanking us for giving them our business and helping to keep them the giant money grubbing corporation that they are.

I'm assuming this is the wrong place to thank Hasbro for the 4 inch lines, but they are pretty awesome.

That's not to take away from the Legends Scale figures. Their Daredevil was the best version I've seen, and Toy Biz released 4 different attempts in the scale. Rulk was awesome. Even if they were TB molds (which I'm not sure about), it was the big H that released them. I was also pumped to get Maria Hill and Dum Dum Dugan figures in the 2 packs. They're both characters that have been featured heavily, but I never thought would get their own figures. Getting another chance at Kang and the Skrull figures was cool, too.

Hopefully the relaunch of the line will work in a way that works for collectors of both scales (ex: Masterworks figures, Dios, etc).

What I'd like to say to Hasbro is that - "You are on the right track with the latest 2-packs (and the ones before that). Keep up the good work and keep your promise to bring back Legends in 2012, and I will happily continue to purchase your products (as long as you don't get greedy and start to overcharge for them)."

Which I guess is kind of like saying "Thanks Hasbro for not sucking anymore."

Always remember guys, they are making better figures because we demanded it. If we thank them for garbage, they will continue to do garbage. Thank them for the awesome figures like the 2 packs. Its always better to be honest. If I did a crappy custom, let me know, because this is what makes me better at what I do.

Hasbro, has done good for keeping the line going . . barely. And making some decent figures lately. But I still am waiting for that thing, . . . . that "WOW" factor that I first got when I purchased my first Marvel Legend. That was the day I got FO Hulk from a dept store shelf and admired the sculpt, the character's facial expression down to a T and I said to myself "Wow" this is the Hulk! Then got ML Colossus the following week etc. With the recent improvement on female bodies they generated, I hope the relaunch will see a new improved cast of female characters . . . Starting with shall I say Mockingbird, Scarlet Witch, Jean Grey, Rogue even revisit Emma Frost or Sif. On the other hand, I want to see a premium figure like say, Odin, Terrax, a taller better Norin Radd, a Masterworks Dragon Man (12"), or a better Hawkeye with a full complement of special ops arrows. I think Ben Grimm could be rescaled to be thicker to around a half inch taller. Juggernaut can be remade using some of Planet Hulk's body parts. Gambit can be updated just as Daredevil was by Hasbro.

Ok, @ Shokker: no problem. We are cool.

YEs, I admitted that Hasbro has been FRUSTRATING. However, theyhave given u decent product ... at times!!!

@ Ninjak, my "thanks" is the hope that they continue to do right by us, the ones who support their company.

Since the name of the game is money, Hasbro would do well to follow Mattel's example (and Mattel was actually learnign from Toy Biz ... go figure). GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT!!!

And yeah, the new 2-packs are steps in the right direction.

They gave a glimpse of about 30 figures over the last 2 years ... Hint, Hint .... RELEASE THEM!!!

I just want Hasbro to give us what we want.

And @ Longshot: I agree, what in the world is going on with the ridiculous price increase??? Over 10 dollars in 3 months??? SMH!!!

Here's to hoping that 2012 is worth the wait.

Ok, @ Shokker: no problem. We are cool.

YEs, I admitted that Hasbro has been FRUSTRATING. However, theyhave given u decent product ... at times!!!

@ Ninjak, my "thanks" is the hope that they continue to do right by us, the ones who support their company.

Since the name of the game is money, Hasbro would do well to follow Mattel's example (and Mattel was actually learnign from Toy Biz ... go figure). GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT!!!

And yeah, the new 2-packs are steps in the right direction.

They gave a glimpse of about 30 figures over the last 2 years ... Hint, Hint .... RELEASE THEM!!!

I just want Hasbro to give us what we want.

And @ Longshot: I agree, what in the world is going on with the ridiculous price increase??? Over 10 dollars in 3 months??? SMH!!!

Here's to hoping that 2012 is worth the wait.

as always i hope that hasbro can turn the wheel but i know that i will get dissapointed once again. they promise a lot but at the end.....??? still waiting on puma and new spiderman villains, they promised a while ago and god knows how manny times did they started something and stoped right after it. the q&a's or what was that show called when they said that they would announce a marvel legend figure every time they do a show? hasbro has good ideas but they dont like to keep them going. mattel does it right in my book. i have to order figures on the net as always because international fans dont seem to love superheroes i guess but they do figures and they listen to fans and they try to answer questions every 2 weeks. i say bravo to that. i hope that hasbro does the same but for the last 3 years it was just downfall for me. i wanted black widow and winter soldier but these things are going for 60-90 with shipping. thats to much for 2 little figures. for me it always seemed like hasbro were using what was left of toybiz and now they are done and thats why we dont get any new marvel legends. lets hope for the better... toyfare isnt far away and maybe we get a climpse of whats to come. i mean i would be happy with just one new marvel legend figure shown at toyfare. just one figure to make me smile again for a few months even if it is a spiderman or iron man or captain america.

For the price increase, the least Hasbro could deliver is figures like Winter Soldier and Widow, but I would expect something more oriented to DCUC bulk and height/scale, just like the first TB Marvel Legends.

Hasbro, PLEASE, correct the scale and bulk: you´re giving us thin and small figures (Tarantula, Juggernaut anyone?). And show us something already, don´t you see we, THE FANS, are not happy with your hit and miss products, and most of us, are bashing the company, the people who SUPPORT the products? Don´t you think it´s time for a statement..a REAL statement of what´s to come and what you´ll show at Toy Fair thru different media (twitter, fb, VIDEO RESPONSE WITH JAY C)? "stay tuned" "there´s a chance" "we will look for the possibility" are not ANSWERS.

On the contrary, leaves a wide window open of uncertainty and pissed fans...yes, the ones you should be making happy.

And please, oh PLEAAASEE, make me it my words and release a kick ass 2012 Marvel Legends line.

@ ShadowBoy, you are right, when TB first dropped Legends they were pretty decent sized figures. We complained when Hawkeye and the Vision from series 7 appeared small by comparison, but with some of Hasbro's releases (Tarantula, the mvoie Figures especially Titanium Man, and others), you think we were heading to the 5-inch scale.

Like Shokker & Annihilator, we are all waiting for some figures with that POP and WOW factor. Not that we never got any from Hasbro, just would like a full wave of POP/ WOW/ Awesome.

Yet, I am still hopeful for some good stuff in the coming year. Just hope they give us another set of 2-packs with figures like the Bi-Beast, the Constrictor, or whomever. I don't want the current 2-Packs to be all we get along with some Iron-Man Legends figures until 2012.

ok so lets hope for the better and talk about this. compared to the figures hasbro did, what should they improve and whats the way to go? i go with painting. hasbro has to improve a lot on this side, if you ask me. i just hate plastic colored faces. thats what makes a lot of wow to me. if they are done great like toybiz did or dcuc does then i forgive a lot. double knee and elbow is a must for me to. ball jointed shoulder to. no need for hand articulation and firing objects coming from whatever places of the figure. keep that for guns or other gadgets if you want to atract the kiddy section. keep in mind that collectors buy those and not mom and dad. so let us decide. i make it simple go the mattel way and interact with the crowd. dont make fun of them or begin something you are not intend to finish. i am ok with every character that comes when they are done good.

I think that Hasbro has been doing a btter job recently in some ways. The figures in the latest two-packs and 6-inch Iron Man 2 figures have been awesome. The scuplt, paint, etc. have been great; so good I can overlook the scale being a little off (there just a little too small compared to previous Legends). The female body scuplts have been hot and supierior to the females in the ToyBiz line-up. That being said what is up with the slow, slow, slow release of new product and then restricting that product to specific stores (Toys'R'Us, Walmart). As a giant, faceless, corporate giant what is going on? Get new product out to a wide variety of disturbuters (and your own online store) so as to increase profit. When the 30th anniversary line of Star Wars figures hit we were getting a new wave of figures about every month and people were buying. I know the economic climate won't support that now but seriously roughly 10 six-inchers in a year between 2 stores WTF! Hasbro thanks for improving your product (immensly) but get your act together with distrbution and productivity for your supposed relaunch (of a line with a large fan-base ($$$$)) of the Legends line in 2012.

I hope to unload some of my cash on you Hasbro if you can get a quality product to a store near me.

If we're talking improvements we hope to see in 2012 the biggest I'd like to see is accessories. Having interchangeable hands and heads is one of those awesome things I love to see. The interchangeable head for series 6 Deadpool, the interchangeable hands on Elektra, the 6-inch Iron Man 2 figures, etc. are all awesome. Why they disappeared for the latest 2-packs is a mystery to me.

Where appropriate energy pieces would be super cool to see. Psylocke is a prime example of WTF! Her psi-daggers would have been an awesome pack-in. Accessories like this would be great to see.

I would very much like to see a return of the Build-A-Figure. Collecting them all to build a figure was just plain, old fun. Besides the fun aspect of it we got some really great large figures, such as Galactus, a Sentinel, Fin Fang Foom, etc.