Does anyone here remember the Wal-Mart Best of Wave from Toy Biz

megagalvatron

I ask this because I was watching a video from Solidsnakeinmypants and he mentioned that it never came out. But I know it came out and now I’m just wondering if it was one of those really rare cases of figures that only came out in a few stores. I know because I bought all the Variants from it. I went to Wal-Mart in Hagerstown MD at about 1:00 am that night and found a case Marked Wal Mart Best of Marvel Legends and opened it. It had One Dark Phoenix, one Phasing Ghost Rider, one Phasing Vision, one Goliath, one Deadpool, one Hawkeye, two regular Juggernauts, two brown Wolverines, one regular Phoenix, and one regular Vision. My numbers on these could be a little of but this is what I found and I wouldn't have my variants from this case without it. I do know that my friend who owns a comic store when I told him about my find looked all over for this case and found a few but they only had regular versions of the figures. Also at this time my Wal-Marts were getting a lot of the brown Wolverines stocking up. So does anyone else here remember seeing it or was it just so rare most people don’t believe it came out (like the last of the Fantatic Four movie figures).

• 4 weeks later...

It's funny to hear of the best of wave. I encountered 2 kinds. When I first got into ML, it was in the midst of Wave 3. I tried to find the older series but no luck. One day around the Wave 5 drop, one of the local Wal-Marts had a huge box display of figures from the first 3 waves. Most had no comic books in them, just foil wrappers inside and the display bases. That is how I was able to get the Thing, Captain America, the Human Torch and Iron Man.

About a year or so later, I encountered another box mix at the very same Wal-Mart that had Juggernaut and a few others.

Maybe they only sent out these to select Wal-Marts, because once they were gone, I never saw those sets again.

• 2 weeks later...

I went through something like 10 cases of this series, only scored the variant case twice though.

It's funny because at the time, I was really only looking for Dark Phoenix, Phasing GR, and Phasing Vision because they were really rare.

Each case had 2 Deadpools... and I think to myself now.. man, I coulda had 20+ Deadpools and sold them on ebay today for close to 2 GRAND! There were also plenty of Juggernauts I passed on.. sheesh

the black/yellow Juggy and the white Phoenix never were released. Toybiz just replaced them with the regular versions in the series.