So Hasbro says to us...

MrDizzle

Marvel Legends will go one of two ways upon the so-called re-launch. Let's say they give us the FANS the option to vote and decide the direction of the line. Granted this won't happen but still. Furthermore, let's say they will no longer make crappy figures like those from their initial series and they'll be more like the recent 2 pack figures. What would you choose??

Option 1) A COMPLETE re-launch of Marvel Legends in general? This means starting from scratch but seeing remolds and resculpts of likely many characters that have been done already, even if in the same attires we already have. This is what Mattel did w/ the WWE Legends line and so far, even w/ most characters being done before, people are eating them up.

Option 2) Picking up where they and Toy Biz left off. This means less releases of characters we've already seen or have and focusing on other classic costumes we haven't gotten yet and maybe more recent characters like the Dark Avengers, current Luke Cage, etc.

I really don't know which I'd go with. I've got most Legends as it is but in all honesty, some do need re-imagining. At the same time, I don't need another standard Captain America, Thor or Ghost Rider as the figures of them we have already are pretty flawless. On the other hand, Hasbro did an amazing job when they basically re-did the TB wave 1 Iron Man. What say YOU???

It will be a mixture of the two. Despite what has come in the past, Hasbro has released old figures in new forms. Tiger stripe Wolverine in the Red Hulk Wave, all four Fantastic Four in the two-packs, Green Hulk in 2 packs, Deadpool, black widow, on and on. Look at the last wave of 2-packs. Each figure pack had a remake of a previous figure and one never done before. I think they'll be sticking with their normal way of doing things. Put out what's hot, and once or twice a wave, throw something in we haven't seen before.

Price point is a concern for me if they try to put it up to $15 without a baf piece. But if DC is selling well, maybe they'll take a shot. I really hope they keep the baf system going though. Even if the figure isn't that much bigger like ares, red hulk, etc.

I'd rather option two. I be happy just collecting until I had a figure of every character in the Marvel Universe.

If they did remakes I wouldnt want to get them unless they had BAF parts I needed or I might be interested if they were different costumes of the same character.

When Marvel Legends went Hasbro and quality dropped but price didnt, that is when I more or less boycotted the Hasbro lines, focusing until I got closer to getting all the Toy biz characters.

But I am getting into the Hasbro more now, mainly just for characters I dont have, but still dont like that price tag.

Oh, and tell them to keep movie figures out of it. :)

I'd really prefer option #2. I'd hate to see releases of most of the ToyBiz figures. Additionally, I wouldn't buy them, as I believe a lot of others wouldn't either. Therefore I believe it would be a mistake, from a business stand point, to rerelease previous ToyBiz figures. That said I beleive some of the harder to find ToyBiz figures or really nice rescuplts of some ToyBiz figures would be welcome. What Hasbro did with Black Widow was wonderful and finally getting my hands on Deadpool for less than 80 to 100 bucks. Additionally, I like the new Deadpool better than the ToyBiz one.

I'd like to see more current Legends from what is going in the comics now or recently as opposed to rereleases. A modern Cage would be awesome, Dark Avengers, X-Force, Uncanny X-Force, new Cap., modern Thor, etc.

to be honest, one way or another hasbro will introduce hulk, iron man, spiderman in every wave anyway so it realy makes no difference what way they are going. hasbro wants to forget toybiz and they will reboot like the crappy costume of spiderman in the new movie. they do ok with universe line and have good character selection so i hope that they do the same for the legends line. they seem to deliver with the 2 packs and i hope that the paint departement has learned a lot because most of the hasbro figs are painted like #$@#. i hope we see a climpse of the new line at toyfare, just to get people excited for more.

to be really honest, the complaint that toy biz already did all the good ones is moot anyways, since toys should be good enough for adults but aimed towards children and most of those figures were made five to ten years ago. there is a whole new crop of kids to market to.

the real truth is this won't happen because kids can't afford hasbro prices now, let alone what they would try and charge if they re-released this line.

it would be $20 per figure, the two packs are at $35. half of that is $17.50 so they would most likely make them $19.99 a piece. Consumers would only buy the ones they really want at that price and hasbro would blame them for not supporting the line. DEAD by wave 2 or 3 at best.

Where is the hope? I doubt we'll see a $19.99 price tag on a single 6-inch figure. Besides look at the 6-inch DC Universe line and that's going strong. If Hasbro maintains the quality we've seen in the two-packs I'd pay the $12 to $13, likely, price tag. I'd also like to think that Hasbro will continue to increase in quality. Look at how much they've progressed through the years with the Legends figures.

They had us all going, they already lied by showing the new package for the supposed Iron Man Legends. They say avengers move logos all over it?? come on they just slapped on a MARVEL LEGENDS to shut us up a little. We all know that was never planed, but some one probably said "why cut off the 6" figure collecters? lets just say their legends as an after thought.

On the other hand, Hasbro did an amazing job when they basically re-did the TB wave 1 Iron Man. What say YOU???

they did a pretty good job, except for he was TINY!

but your right, there are tons of figures we don't need.. but there are some Toybiz figures that should be redone (look at how Hasbro saved Black Widow from crappy figure land).

They need to go back and start making figures in the same style as Toybiz and quit with their own experimenting. No more funky ball-joint knees on their figures! No more cartoon faces... etc. They need to add some paint apps this time around, and add more detail. They also need to add in more accessories.

And they need to quit using the same Toybiz standard buck all day (which they somehow made angular and weird... look at Nova and his brothers that share the same body).

They did a pretty great job for the most part with the two-packs... but people don't really like 2-packs

Where is the hope? I doubt we'll see a $19.99 price tag on a single 6-inch figure. Besides look at the 6-inch DC Universe line and that's going strong. If Hasbro maintains the quality we've seen in the two-packs I'd pay the $12 to $13, likely, price tag. I'd also like to think that Hasbro will continue to increase in quality. Look at how much they've progressed through the years with the Legends figures.

if you ask me, they should have progressed from the day they took the license and not 3 to 4 years after. lol.

Why would they cut themselves profit for the large Legends collecting base? That makes no sense from a business stand point. As for the Iron Man "Legends" I don't care if they have Avengers labels as long as we get some awesome 6-inch figures spawned in the line. Who cares what they promote as long as we see some new 6-inch figures. I'm hoping the relaunch that will supposedly occur in 2012 will be better than the Iron Man "Legends" but I'm still glad to see that Hasbro is getting 6-inch figures out to us.