price point

everymoss09

i recently saw the black widow winter soldier 2 pack priced at 32.50 at my store.

i was about to pick them up but then i looked at the price. 33 bucks. thats like 17 dollars each.

now i know that hasbro has definitely improved the overall quality of the figures since the last wave. but i think 17 bucks is a little too much. i mean theyre great but theyre no neca. thats 3 dollars short of ms hulk or juggernaut. what im worried about is if theyre going to keep this ridiculous price tag when ml hits 2012. the quality definitely improved but there is no way im paying 17 bucks a figure,. for me 12-14 is perfect since mu's price tag is 7 bucks on retail.

so what do you think should be the ideal price point of the upcoming ml figs?

I have no doubt given the currently industry standards of DC Universe Classics ($14.99+) and WWE Legends ($14.99) and WWE Elite Collection ($14.99) that they will be no cheaper than $14.99. Given how Marvel seems to jack up their licensing rights, $15.99 to $16.99 is a possibility.

I would agree with this. Don't get your hopes up for $12. That too close to the MU price point and they said they don't intend to have the lines compete.

I have no doubt given the currently industry standards of DC Universe Classics ($14.99+) and WWE Legends ($14.99) and WWE Elite Collection ($14.99) that they will be no cheaper than $14.99. Given how Marvel seems to jack up their licensing rights, $15.99 to $16.99 is a possibility.

I would agree with this. Don't get your hopes up for $12. That too close to the MU price point and they said they don't intend to have the lines compete.

good point,... but damn, this is why im holding out on the new marvel legends, i cant bring myself to pay 16 bucks for a hasbro made figure...

i know retailers will jack up the price even more when the relaunch comes because of the

upcoming movies. that will be a sad day for cheap bastards like me

yeah i know they said that they dont want marvel legends to compete with mu, but why would they sell the 6 inch spider-man line for 10 bucks? there's been a couple of people from other forum saying "you shouldnt complain about how much ml's gonna cost on it's relaunch, because of the economy and #$@#". now i get it what they're saying but i really cant take these words seriously specially coming from the same dickwads who bitched and moaned at hasbro to revive the ml line. all im saying is, if hasbro can do it on the spider-man line, why not do it with ml too? it would be great to have ml around 14 dollars...

anyways, with the recent news of ml coming back with baf parts, i honestly think 15-17 bucks will be a fantastic price point for everybody. ... that is if they stay true to their words that it will be better this time

Where can you get spidey figures for $10? Cheapest I've seen them (not on sale or clearance) is $10.97 at Walmart. Those figures also don't come with much as far as accessories or base anymore with the heroes and villains collection and we get maybe one or two new non spidey sculpts a year (I think last year the only truly new sculpts in that line were Lizard and Gargan Venom).

We don't need to use the 'economy' excuse either. The prices would be going up regardless of any recession given the state of the world oil prices. They might try to hit at DC's market share of the 6 inch scale early by putting in a 13.99 price point, but I don't see it being any less than a dollar or so different from DC. With DC being a successful commodity at that price point, it'd be a pretty stupid business move to not follow suit at least within reason.