MARVEL CITY DIORAMA 2: FIRST SHOTS

x66

Room is a funny thing that most of us think we don't have yet it is always there if you look hard enough.

Seriously though, I've been collecting for 20 years now and have around 7000 action figures. I've had to come up with some interesting ideas concerning what I do and how to store things.

The superhero room is 8' by 23' I think, and I'm almost out of space again.

It used to be the Star Wars/Superhero room but I've had to move all my Sci-fi stuff to the other half of the basement.

If you want tips on storing things without resorting to storage facilities let me know.

I can help.

thats so fantastic. i always wanted to do a big diorama but i have space issue to. after years of collecting like you, you learn fast how to get some space. now i have my star wars and lord of the rings figs in boxes. one day when i buy a place, i will consider this but right now since i know that i will move once again in a few years from now i dont look into it. awesome diorama do. black lanterns are my favorites in your collection. also great that you use buffy characters as regular people. great idea.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

WOW! most of the pics aren't working, but from what I could see you've got quite the set-up there! I hope someday I can display my stuff in a similar fashion. Right now, because of limited space 75% of my stuff is boxed up and the rest is rather jumbled. You've done a great job and obviously put alot of time and effort into it. Do you do tours?lol

WOW! most of the pics aren't working, but from what I could see you've got quite the set-up there! I hope someday I can display my stuff in a similar fashion. Right now, because of limited space 75% of my stuff is boxed up and the rest is rather jumbled. You've done a great job and obviously put alot of time and effort into it. Do you do tours?lol

Thank you for the compliments.

If you would like to see more just go here

http://s164.photobucket.com/home/66jedikiller66

I've been moving stuff around and renaming pics at photobucket so the image codes get lost in forums I have posted my stuff at.

I understand where you are coming from all of my Star Wars stuff is packed up in the opposite side of my basement and I have about 10 x more Star wars stuff then i do superhero.

Just need motivation to display it but I've been concentrating to hard on my Superhero stuff.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Here sre some recent acquisitions to my Marvel City diorama.

The fire Truck cost $8.00 at Value village

P1100946.jpg

P1100944.jpg

P1100945.jpg

It's close to scale but not quite.

I've been wanting to buy that truck at Amazon.com, so: does it fits fine the scale? how tall is the firefighter figure (in cm, please)?

Thank you, with this and the other things you told me you are helping me to complete my diorama!

P.S.: The other Tonka vehicles are useful? like this one from http://www.amazon.com/Tonka-Lights-Sounds-...074&sr=1-82

P.S.: one suggestion, to make the buildings of the city look like inhabited you can make an image of people and paste it in the wall behind the edifice, because it looks like there are buildings inside the buildings LOL

• 2 weeks later...

I totally dig the creativity man, stellar output!

I'm trying to design furniture that doubles as a diorama case... Imagine a coffee table that's neen deco'd to look like a huge melee in front of Avengers Mansion? Or bookcases flanked by cosmic battles (you know, all veritcal and spacious?)

Keep up the excellent work, we need more display options for this plastic crack we call "Action Figures"

• 5 months later...

Marvel City: The Resurrection.

Just cleared my ML figures off the street to do some real action shots.

Can you guess what everyone is looking at on the other side of these pictures?

P1120482.jpg

P1120480.jpg

I'll let you know next week, because I'm not sure either.

So if you want to see any particular battle scenes on a large scale just let me know.

Make Secret Invasion!! (if you have enough Skrulls, and knowing you, you must have too many LOL)

Mmhhh... where are those firefighters and polices from? (not the ones from Sabretooth)

They are from a company called Plan B.

However, they can be kind of pricey now.

The soldiers are from a company called BBI

Make Secret Invasion!! (if you have enough Skrulls, and knowing you, you must have too many LOL)

Mmhhh... where are those firefighters and polices from? (not the ones from Sabretooth)

Thanks!

Thanks!