Realistically, how many waves of ML do you want per year?

MrDizzle

I can't remember how often Toy Biz put out a new series. I want to say around ever 3-4 months? But this month of April has been super busy for me in regards to collecting. What w/ Thor figures, Iron Man Legends, new 3 3/4 Iron Man series, not to mention the upcoming Cap & MU 13/14 waves about to pop up at any moment, oh and did I mention Gigantic Battles? Now that said, once 2012 hits, how often are you looking to see new figures? Be it single or double packs. Personally, I THINK I'd be happy w/ 4, 6 figure waves for at least the first year or two. Factor a variant or two per wave, the random exclusive here or there and the likely 2 packs we'll get along the way....I think it's a good starting point. I mean hell, that's a minimum of 24 BRAND NEW ML figs in one month. I mean if we can get Hasbro on point, get Diamond Select to keep pumping out the "big guys" we need, assume that the Iron Man/Spiderman 6 inch lines will continue.....our older TB Legends could fade pretty fast. Blasphemy I know, but let's be honest, there are alot of TB figures that need to be remade and retired. Thoughts?

You make very good points! I personally would be totally happy with just 2 waves of Legends. And then maybe 2 waves of 2-pack Legends per year. that plus all the movie figures that are out and coming, all the ones you have listed, and God forbid you're one who collects g.i. joes or DCUC or Star Wars figs... I'd need a 2nd job! haha. so far, this year has been a great year to be a marvel fan, and i'd be happy with a couple waves a year with 1 or 2 variants as well.

First off im not convinced hasbro will deliver on THE new Marvel Legends Relaunch. Why would they say they are returning in 2012? well let me tell you why because 2 new marvel movies are coming out and they are going to focus on toy lines for those movies. Pluse when they do return in 2012 guess what, what do you know a new avengers movie will hit. What was roumord for the first wave....Thor, Captian america, let me guess we will also get a Hulk and more Iron man next year its just a guess....I could be wrong....Come on hasblow me why cant all the new MU be made 6" dame rollerblading neon wearing, hasblow you make me sick i just threw up in my hands.

I would like to have the same amount as DC Universe Classics. So I would like to have about 5 or 6 waves per year. Man DCUC's have been so amazing these past few years and I don't even know half the characters. My hopes are all but dead for Hasblow at this point though. This is how it goes for me:

Hasblow ML < DCUC < Toybiz ML.

DCUC and Toybiz ML are slowly getting closer and closer. DCUC may surpass Toybiz ML for me if they keep this up for another year or so.

I am going with the 4 times of year of regular 6-inch waves figs with some 2-pack sprinkled in the Summer and the Winter.

Cost is a huge factor for me since I i would love to collect Marvel mainly, but other things catch my eye as well.

Add the fact that with DCUC pumping something out every two months, I am getting real particular with what I buy.

Here's to hoping that Hasbro is paying attention.