FIRST!

MrDizzle

Since this looks to be a hot topic on the MU board, let's do it here as well. Alright....what was your FIRST Marvel Legends figure? Tell us a story!!

Unofficially, my first was from that "grandfather line" of Spiderman Classics. I picked up the standard blue/red Spidey. My mind was f'ing blown at how awesome it was and I quickly got the Symbiote version.

When Legends hit, it took a few waves for me to jump on board but my very first figure bought at retail was Gambit, followed by Magneto.

I proceeded to get many Legends, XMC & SMC figs over the next few years but a good ol divorce in '06 caused me to sell all of my figures except for Deadpool (good call!) and Mr. Sinister (personal favorite).

A few years later, I decided to start over from scratch and I did it in style, winning an auction that contained all of wave 6 (juggs, phoenix, etc) minus Deadpool. Now right at two years later, I have only 6 Toy Biz legends to go, aside from the Blue Wasp, Black Psylocke & Silver Luke Cage.

So how about you guys?

Hmm! That's actually a tough question for me because I only just recently started collecting 6-inch figures and I ordered a bunch of DCUC figures, Iron Man and Legends in small and large lots from all sorts of sellers and they all came in different order, so I'm a bit hazy on which figures got to me first. But I believe the first Legends I got were Fin Fang Foom Classic Hulk and series 11 Ultron, both of which I found pretty disapointing. Luckily, later figures would turn out to be a lot better.

I've been on board since the beginning. My first "Marvel Legend" figure was the figure that many consider to be the first Legend; the red and blue Spider-Man from the original Spider-Man Classics Series 1. Still one of my favorite figures that I own. I picked up the black costume version at the same time, but I picked out and opened the red and blue one first, so I officially consider that my first one.

As for official Marvel Legends - my first figure was Captain America from Series 1. I also picked up the variant Iron Man (with the gold paint and pointy mask) at the same time.

I've been a huge fan of Marvel Legends (and all the spin-off lines) from the beginning, but I'm not a completist however. I only buy the characters and figures that I like. Unfortunately (as far as my wife is concerned) I like quite a lot of them.

Wow thats a great question.. I think My first was wolverine with the apocalypes wave. I bought it because I wanted to build the apocalypse. I never even knew Marvel Legends existed at this point The only reason I went down the toy section was because my son had just turned 2 and I figured lets see what they are passing off as toys these days. I had not purchased an action figure since I was 13. I was to busy spending my extra money on going out and chasing girls. Then college was a lot heavier on the beer, parting, and chasing azz. Funny how it came full circle after I started a family and settled down.

My first Marvel Legend figure was ToyBiz series 4 Gambit. It was a gift from my girlfriend (now currently my wife). She knew that Gambit was one of my favorite X-Men and she saw it at a Target and made the purchase. This act turned my world upside down in a sense. When I was younger I was very into comic books and action figures then I grew out of it, not sure why. My passion for collecting figures was ignited by this figure, it was the first Marvel Legends figure I had seen and it is awesome. I then focused mainly on the X-Men and Spiderman figures until meeting one of my best friends who got me back into comic books a couple of years later. I then really got into the Avengers and the Marvel Universe as a whole and just starting trying to build teams, build-a-figures, and just really enjoying the thrill of collecting and here I am today.

yeah it all started with the spiderman classics. i wasnt on board at first with the marvel legends because toybiz was at a point where they changed scale everytime and nothing matched anymore. then with serie 3 i was hooked. ghost rider was so awesome and he had his bike (hear that hasbro? ghost rider with a bike, you might think about that) then thor was realy impressive at the time too. so i buyed them all and haven't stoped since. oh yes when hasbro took over with all the exclusives here and there, i skipped a lot.

My first figure was Series 1 Iron Man original. I was at CVS and i saw a figure there and was like whoa Iron Man and then Hulk and then Captain America and Toad. I was like eh ill just take the Iron Man. I went home and was blown away by the fig that it was eating at me why dont you go get the rest. So i went back the next day and got the rest of the figs. Back then they were what 7.99. lol compaired to now. Then the next month i was chillin and didnt realise it said series 1 and found series 3. like oh no where is series 2. After that i was cool until guy at comic store was like do you have the variants. "VARIANTS!?!" you telling me there are more then thats when the Kraven came out of me and the hunt was on. I ran to every comic store wal-mart target, k-b-toys, toysrus i could find to look for the Legends. then at comic stores say the x-men classics and hulk classics- and spiderman classics and ff classics, i was like a crack head looking for the next hit lol. so fast forward 9 years it all started in 2002 yeah baby i like to say i have a pretty complete collection of marvel legends. My most prised figures 1. Variant Psylocke and 2. Series 1 Iron Man <<<< because it was the one that started it all oh and all are MOC. check out my youtube page Visit My YouTube site here

Little plastic, super-poseable crack. I feel you. The single-minded obsession to get the figures you want can be pretty all-consuming sometimes. But it's oh so sweet when you finally find them.

However, I for one never understood the MOC collector mentality. I mean, what's the point of collecting "action" figures of which the main selling point is the fact that they are "super-poseable" with 34+ points of articulation, etc. only to leave them forever in the package. They might as well be statues if you never plan to open them. Unless you only collect them with plans to someday get rich reselling them someday. I would go nuts staring at that cool figure of Captain America, Iron Man or Spider-Man, etc., and never actually getting to touch it and see what it was like. For me, the fun of collecting these figures is to open them up and try out all that cool multiple POA. But to each his own I guess.

Not a ML collector but I bought a Legendary Riders Ionic Wonder Man when it first came out. It was supposedly "rare" at the time.

I remember almost pulling the trigger on the 6 figures in the BAF Apocalypse set at Kay B Toys. Think this was in 2006 and they were like $6.99 each? Now they are $20.99 each at Toys R Us in NY.

i've yet to get any legends figures. I reaaaaally want to though. I got some 6 inch movie iron man figs, like the war machine, mark V, and such. But that's about it. And I also own a couple MS. But when the ML line comes back 2012, I'm gonna be aaallll over that. I might even stop MU and just get the amazing ones. But who knows. I just hope that the ML don't cost as much as these new Iron Man figs... 20 bucks a pop I just can't do.

can't remember which was my first but i can rember how it got started! i was ordering iceman for my brother and figured i would order me one too then i went on amazon.com and ordered other groups that was common very cheap. but before i knew it we were in a blizzard where you couldnt see in front of you and i decided to go out to to a couple of walmarts one in the city i lived in and one twenty minutes normal time away, and started to pick up other figures from wave 8. so wave 8 figures was my first! i then bactracked and now have all except some variants.

Little plastic, super-poseable crack. I feel you. The single-minded obsession to get the figures you want can be pretty all-consuming sometimes. But it's oh so sweet when you finally find them.

However, I for one never understood the MOC collector mentality. I mean, what's the point of collecting "action" figures of which the main selling point is the fact that they are "super-poseable" with 34+ points of articulation, etc. only to leave them forever in the package. They might as well be statues if you never plan to open them. Unless you only collect them with plans to someday get rich reselling them someday. I would go nuts staring at that cool figure of Captain America, Iron Man or Spider-Man, etc., and never actually getting to touch it and see what it was like. For me, the fun of collecting these figures is to open them up and try out all that cool multiple POA. But to each his own I guess.

lets see if i can help you understand some reasons why i and maybe others keep them moc! first i like to say when i first collected figures they were 5in and and i took them out of the package and stood them on shelves which i thought were cool i had sooooo many i ran out of space and some stayed in the package.when sideshow came out with the universal monsters i had nowhere to put them so i left them in the package and hung them up thought that was cool and when i got invoved with other lines i just hung them on the wall in the beginning it killed me but i quickly adjusted then i had to move back home for awhile and everything stayed in the box so when i stated collecting jlu and ml they stayed in the package and when i moved out agai i hung the which is where they are today! i would never pose them even if i took them out i would line them up but i like them up on the wall. another reason people do sell off thier collections for reason of thier own and moc sells for a lot more. i recently started selling off my moc dc direct figures eventhough i like them i love the dcuc line and spend my money there.

besides it a personal decision why people keep them moc. while you like to play with yours some people just like having plastic copies of thier favorite characters in plastic so however we collect we all enjoy them in our own way and lets keep collecting and having fun!