2 Spider-Man Trilogy toyline?

Obliterator999

So the other day I was looking for stuff on eBay and stumbled upon a few Spider-Man movie figures I had never quite seen before and this peeked my curiosity.

Up to that point, I was aware that there was an existing Spider-Man Trilogy toyline, often referred as the Sandman series because of the BAF parts you can collect from it. This line saw the release of characters from the 3rd movie in the 6-inch scale, but also included past figures such as Goblin and Doc Ock. All of these figures can be found in the database here.

But then I saw these toys on eBay, mostly figures identical to the Sandman series repainted and/or retooled, but also much older figures like Shocker and Ultimate Rhino. The toyline bears the same name, Spider-Man Trilogy, but the packaging is different and does not include BAF parts. I found this website that shows all the figures: http://homepage3.nifty.com/spidey/spidey_f...ogy_series1.htm. There's nothing about it here in the database. I'm curious because some of the figures look better in this line like Doc Ock, the much bluer Spidey (w/ gargoyle base) and Shocker.

Anyone know anything about it?

Technically, the figures you found are Spider-Man Trilogy, the Sandman BAF series is incorrectly called Spider-Man Trilogy, they are Marvel Legends figures in the sub-line Spider-Man.

I never knew why they aren't in the database.

I also collect them, they are from 2008.

Some images:

Juguetes+de+Super-H%C3%A9roes+de+Spider-Man+Trilogy+de+Hasbro.jpg

Juguetes+de+Super-Villanos+de+Spider-Man+Trilogy+de+Hasbro.jpg

They were basically just a continuation of the movie line with figures that Hasbro thought they could make make off of. Kind of a "What if" thing for Shocker and Rhino, though. All the paint aps were slightly different for all the re-releases, some better like Rhino and shocker some worse like Wrestler Spidey and Green Goblin, the Venom's Gum line on the sides of his jaw was a different color. The black spidey came with a 5" scale accessory as shown and Sandman's arm attachments were smaller.

I think there was even a Carnage released later on but they may have changed the line's name by then.

Oh yeah, I dug your picture in Figures in action.