so over on Facebook...

MrDizzle

Hasbro always is late for making action figures:

1) They changed Marvel Universe's package from S.H.I.E.L.D. to H.A.M.M.E.R. in later 2009 when H.A.M.M.E.R. was in their final days

2) They made the Iron Patriot action figure (3,75'') in June 2010, when Osborn was no longer Iron Patriot.

3) According to Wikipedia, in July 2011 a Commander Rogers action figure (3,75'') will be released, the same month Steve will be Cap America again...

And now...

4) They are making a Commander Rogers action figure (6'') in 2012, this year in July Steve will be Cap America again...

I want to see a Bleeding Edge Iron Man, a Luke Cage, the Wrecking Crew, Hood and more...

How is it late? Lots of characters across several toy lines have figures released in "not up to date" costumes.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) They changed Marvel Universe's package from S.H.I.E.L.D. to H.A.M.M.E.R. in later 2009 when H.A.M.M.E.R. was in their final days

2) They made the Iron Patriot action figure (3,75'') in June 2010, when Osborn was no longer Iron Patriot.

3) According to Wikipedia, in July 2011 a Commander Rogers action figure (3,75'') will be released, the same month Steve will be Cap America again...

And now...

4) They are making a Commander Rogers action figure (6'') in 2012, this year in July Steve will be Cap America again...

I want to see a Bleeding Edge Iron Man, a Luke Cage, the Wrecking Crew, Hood and more...

How is it late? Lots of characters across several toy lines have figures released in "not up to date" costumes.

I think his comparasin comes from mattels DC line? They realese all the lantern figures while its going on right now or had recantly been going on while hasbro is about a year or 2 off from the comic story lines.

oh yeah hasbro and the marvel legends. what a long story. i remain skeptical because sdcc isn't that far away anymore and i haven't seen that famous thor figure yet. if you hide something that is suppose to be on sale in a month just means one thing to me. it looks like crap and lets hide it until the end. no one who saw that picture of thor is talking about it. no one knows a thing about it. not even how the articulations are. now magneto, deadpool again??? ultimate hawkeye??? ultimate realy??? bucky cap or commander rogers are great. why not start with a big bang??? with realy demanded characters who have been asked for years? jim lee jean grey, firestar, hammerhead and so manny more. that should be wave one. they can go slower in wave 2 or 3.

ps i know i complain a lot lol lol

And now...

I think his comparasin comes from mattels DC line? They realese all the lantern figures while its going on right now or had recantly been going on while hasbro is about a year or 2 off from the comic story lines.

Again, so many lines do this. I don't see it as negative thing against them. Toybiz released all kinds of non accurate figures if you were going by current costumes alone.

And, u gotta consider, making a figure, from sculpting a prototype, to casting, painting, etc. Takes a lil bit of time, then mass producing them and having them in a wave of other figures... the comics move pretty rapidly 2. If they start a project when the costume is accurate, by the time they finish, it's probably not accurate anymore. Doesn't mean they shouldn't try tho! Hahaha.

And, u gotta consider, making a figure, from sculpting a prototype, to casting, painting, etc. Takes a lil bit of time, then mass producing them and having them in a wave of other figures... the comics move pretty rapidly 2. If they start a project when the costume is accurate, by the time they finish, it's probably not accurate anymore. Doesn't mean they shouldn't try tho! Hahaha.

yea, I was pretty surprised how fast the MU got the Bleeding Edge Iron Man armor out. I thought that was pretty good speed haha

It takes Mattel, quote, "a full year" to get a new character out. I'd assume the same for Hasbro.

They realese all the lantern figures while its going on right now or had recantly been going

Blackest Night ended a little over a year ago and most of the key characters who got figures from Mattel recently had already appeared before the Blackest Night storyline. Story started in October 2009 with #0 so of course they got the GL figures out for it this winter.

Then again, this is Mattel, who actually gets you the characters you want by the best sculptors (Four Horsemen) in the business.

oh yeah hasbro and the marvel legends. what a long story. i remain skeptical because sdcc isn't that far away anymore and i haven't seen that famous thor figure yet. if you hide something that is suppose to be on sale in a month just means one thing to me. it looks like crap and lets hide it until the end. no one who saw that picture of thor is talking about it. no one knows a thing about it. not even how the articulations are. now magneto, deadpool again??? ultimate hawkeye??? ultimate realy??? bucky cap or commander rogers are great. why not start with a big bang??? with realy demanded characters who have been asked for years? jim lee jean grey, firestar, hammerhead and so manny more. that should be wave one. they can go slower in wave 2 or 3.

We have been demanding HAMMERHEAD???

not only that, it's called Marvel LEGENDS. Not many Toy Biz figures were of up to date costumes because they were going with ICONIC costumes worn by the characters. While I've got no problems at all w/ stuff like Bleeding Edge, Commander Rogers, etc....I'd also still like to see alot of classic characters/costumes that have yet to see production before we get a slew of Dark Reign/Heroic Age/Fear Itself stuff.

We have been demanding HAMMERHEAD???

yes, we have

i saw hammerhead pop up more then once on wishlists. i cant wait to get him. i rather have him then a wrecking crew member. thats because i am more into spidey villains then others. terrax is a great villain but to me he is mehhh. i prefer hammerhead but all hasbro seems to know about spiderman is symbiotes and goblins. we will see where this new marvel legends line will go with just resculpted characters everyone allready has of some sort lol. alyster smith, prowler, hammerhead, puma, jameson, rocket racer, classic beetle, stegron will never be in this line because hasbro just knows iron man, wolverine, hulk, captain america, spiderman and now deadpool. look at dcuc. geee they do figures from the 60's and fans love them. samurai for example. green, orange costumed samurai is so weird to me but if i read the dc boards, he seems to be a big demanded character. thats what i hope the marvel legends line will be one day once again and not what it has become. i hope to get a character from every corner everytime a new wave comes out. i hope for everyone to get what he wants. i am not here to say what character is better. if you love a character and someone hopes to get a figure out of him then i hope someone gets it. i love shocker even do he is a z-lister lol. i dont care lol. i am the one who actualy think a paperbag spidey is way better then yet another classic spiderman in figure form. peace lol.

to be fair though, the TWO shockers we have are good enough IMO. Yeah arm movement is limited but the sculpt is spot on. Give me somebody new before going back to him. Furthermore, I think to get the BEST out of Marvel Legends, they should give us Legends quality baddies/supporting characters in the Iron Man Legends/Spiderman Classics line while running side by side w/ the actual Marvel Legends. Use the old Toy Biz formula, 1-2 Spidey villains per wave, bam. Everyone is happy.

Alright so what are the 100% confirmed ML figures so far from hasbro? There's the ML Modern Thor, SDCC. Bucky Cap, Magneto, Ultimate Hawkeye, and a Deadpool? I'm like all of these, especially since I never got a deadpool from the two pack. I heard he's supposed to be in x force colors, is that true too?

All I know to be true is that HASBRO blows dog D*cks for pennies!

I just hope next month we find out some big news about Legends man. It's just been so long since the line was hot. Releasing 1 wave a year or so just isn't doing it for me. They can definitely do much better than that. They need to stop putting so much of their resources into MU figures, superhero painted cars and trucks and give us some damn Legends man!! I don't hate MU figs but common there's no comparison to good old MLs!

If Hasbro really wanted to kick off the relaunch of Marvel Legends right (and win back customers like me) here's how to do it:

Marvel Legends Series 1 (relaunch)

Captain Rogers

Hawkeye - variant Ultimate Hawkeye

Deadpool (X-Force colors)

BuckyCap - variant Winter Soldier

Magneto

Thor (Modern) - variant Hela's Curse Thor

BAF Thanos

Three variants which stand out from their "normal" counterparts and a BAF that everyone would want. Make the price point reasonable at around $12 and it's all good.