2012 Articulation

Comacaz

Hey guys, I was thinking about the articulation for the 2012 legends line, and so I thought i would start to get a thread going about it. Do you think they will use alternate hands, or individual finger articulation? Or neither? How about ankle swivels... do you think they will have some? What's some articulation that you would like to see from hasbro?

one of the best examples of a standar Marvel Legends figure has to be the SHIELD Agent/Dum Dum/FO Punisher. Perfect in every way, proportionate and just excellent size. I can do without finger joints personally and as long as the hands aren't in a goofy pose, extra hands aren't a must. Extra heads are nice I guess but I'm just more concerned w/ scale & a GOOD-GREAT paint job. Double knees/elbows should be a no brainer though.

one of the best examples of a standar Marvel Legends figure has to be the SHIELD Agent/Dum Dum/FO Punisher. Perfect in every way, proportionate and just excellent size. I can do without finger joints personally and as long as the hands aren't in a goofy pose, extra hands aren't a must. Extra heads are nice I guess but I'm just more concerned w/ scale & a GOOD-GREAT paint job. Double knees/elbows should be a no brainer though.

totally agree on this :-)

Hasbro will do whatever will be the cheapest.

yes they will.. But I'd love to see Alternate hands and a head as it was said up there or an accessory. I don't been like the goofy repulsor blast they give with the MU Iron Men.. I'm talking more like a detailed base. I was a huge fan of those.. Especially ones like some of the X-Men characters came with. I think I still have my Gambit's Sentinel hand around here somewhere.

They have to at least be as good as the current marvel universe articulation. The newest style has ankle pivot and swivel, shin pivot, double jointed knee, thigh swivel, hip, waist, torso, neck (to look up a good deal) shoulder, bicep, elbow (should be double jointed for legends), wrist.

They are really hitting their stride with these. My biggest fear is that hasbro will have a big learning curve to get up to snuff on the legends like they have on universe, so will get so/so artic, sculpt, and paint for a few years before they really hit their stride. I was not too impressed with the latest two packs, which I thought were only marginally better than Hasbro's legends of a few years back, which I did not buy because I was spoiled by Toybiz.

Maybe they'll take all they've learned from universe and apply it right away???? Geez I hope so. But it is probably an entirely different production team who will re-invent the wheel so to speak. Here's hoping that's not the case.....

you know what. I hate to say this but I think those 6" movie versions of thor and captain america we saw will be part of the new marvel Legends Line. We saw them a long time ago and nothing was announced so therefore they would have already been released with all the other movie crap out now..why wait?? didnt they say we might see a modern version of cap and thor some where in the begining of the line. So why waste figures you already invested in to make prototypes of?? Think about it what big marvel movie comes out in 2012...hemm let me see avengers? that would be the reason a hawkeye was rumored also. More than pretty sure we will se a hulk too. Hasblow, Hasblow, Hasblow I feel like I know you to well.

speaking frankly, if we compare latest them figures 6 ' manufactured by the competition seems to me that hasbro has problems with implementing joints leads using, although I must admit that the idea of interchangeable hands is an attractive idea, that removed the fragile articulation of the hands and justify to the possible high price

• 2 weeks later...

all I ever wanted Hasbro to do was to treat Marvel Legends like they do GI Joe or Star Wars. For the most part, I liked most of the ML articulation by Hasbro except for the hips. This V-crotch attachments drives me crazy. The natural form of movement is the T-crotch. Nearly all the original ML's had it and that allowed easy psoes without having to twist the thighs to death to get a proper action pose. Add to that the lack of thigh movement on figures like Doc Samson, Adam Warlock, Namor, Tigra, and Valkyrie and the leg motion gets killed in a lot of figures.

For me, it's real simple ...Hasbro, it if ain't broke, don't fix it.

Bring back the T-crotch ball-joint andI will be real happy. And use the body types such as Nemesis Daredevil, Doc Samson, Hand Ninja, and the Spider-Man Juggernaut, and I could be happy.

Also, Neca is borrowing from the original ML script,and the new Street Fighter figs have AWESOME articulation. Take note Hasbro!!!