Sign in to follow this  
enrico0819

Red Skull and Hydra Soldier variants

Just got the variant Red Skull with green uniform and white gloves earlier... All the new Red Skulls are variants... What's weird is that all the Hydra soldiers that I saw, which were 6, were the regular version... There are auctions on eBay for the Hydra soldier variant, but I did not see even 1 variant... Most probably, all the Red Skulls in wave 3 are variants... But what about the Hydra soldier?

I'll post pics later, but you can search eBay for the variant Red Skull... There's only one seller with the variant Red Skull and variant Hydra soldier, and he also has the regular Hydra soldier... That seller has no wave 4 figure yet... I guess my question is, can you get both Hydra soldier variants with wave 3? If so, what's the ratio? That particular seller has 3 variant Hydra soldiers and 2 regular versions...

The first Hydra soldier is in wave 3. then there is one listed for wave 4. maybe it's the same deal as with the Skull. the reg. version was in wave 2 then the variant in wave 3.

decepticonmark: I was thinking the same thing... But if you look at that seller's listings, there is not one Cap figure from wave 4... He only has Night Mission and Jungle Cap from wave 3... If he has wave 4 already, it would make sense for him to post the Cap figs as well...

wave 3 breakdown

1x Heavy Artillery Captain America

1x Captain Britain

1x Crossbones

1x Super Combat Captain America

1x Red Skull (movie)

2x Jungle Trooper Captain America

2x Night Mission Captain America

3x Hydra (movie)

my guess is not all the hydras are movie

The Red Skull variant looks a lot more like comic version given the gloves and different paint job. The Hydra figure follows that same train of thought, so I might pick up both if I come across them.

Just got the variant Red Skull with green uniform and white gloves earlier... All the new Red Skulls are variants... What's weird is that all the Hydra soldiers that I saw, which were 6, were the regular version... There are auctions on eBay for the Hydra soldier variant, but I did not see even 1 variant... Most probably, all the Red Skulls in wave 3 are variants... But what about the Hydra soldier?

did you find these at retail? what store? thanks

I Fear the Nazis won't even be in the movie. Have not seen one clip of the Nazi symbol in the trailer. I bet there will be one throw away line and thats it in the movie. Nazis are becoming a big no no. Shame.

The Hydra figs look cool, cant wait to pick some up in the store. I'll past on the red skull variant. I am glad the CA line is being stocked around here, unlike the MU line, and it is selling really well.

Now if they made a skull in a Nazi uniform, different story.

I Fear the Nazis won't even be in the movie. Have not seen one clip of the Nazi symbol in the trailer. I bet there will be one throw away line and thats it in the movie. Nazis are becoming a big no no. Shame.

The Hydra figs look cool, cant wait to pick some up in the store. I'll past on the red skull variant. I am glad the CA line is being stocked around here, unlike the MU line, and it is selling really well.

Now if they made a skull in a Nazi uniform, different story.

As a matter of fact, there are Nazis in The First Avenger. Not only do they mention them in the new trailer, but we also have this shot:

CBM%20EDITORIAL%202.png

I believe I saw it explained somewhere that the Nazis are in the movie but they are downplayed by Hydra being a sub group of the Nazi party led by Red Skull. So while they are there I guess the downplay using Hydra as a subgroup maybe someway to be politically correct.